Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alex

I survived

15 posts in this topic

Simple question: what natural disasters have you survived? Or any other adverse conditions(ex. stranded without food)

I've actually survived a lot. 2 wildfires, a hurricane, a tornado, and an earthquake. I've also survived 4 days in the woods without food and a gasing with CS gas(though those were more done on purpose for training, still pretty intense). 

I think it would be interesting to see what other experiences fellow WTMer's have lived through. We all have different experiences and things we have lived through. 

Well I feel like a sissy.

Umm...I survived a huge tornado storm. But we we ran away. lol. And it turned out to have missed our town anyway.

I survived the Dead Money DLC in Fallout New Vegas, I have everyone beat already.

1 person likes this

Hmm, well so far I've survived high school, and college, and teaching high school & kindergarten, and getting dumped by a boyfriend of two years, and -

Oh, that's not what you meant?

Well, I haven't survived as many disasters as you have, Alex! :) Hmm, so far, as far as I can recall, I have lived through a few earthquakes, several blizzards, and a relatively small, but scary, explosion. And probably several things that have caused so much head trauma that I cannot recall them.

1 person likes this

Me and my brother survived inhaling toxic fumes in our room during night when the bed lamp started burning the pillows. I believed we could have been seriously affected but God has had His hand over us and we didnt have any problems. Also I work with explosives and have witnesses 3 or 4 accidental explosions. Though I was far away enough not to be caught in it. Although it has been just a couple of feet really.

1 person likes this

This is a fun topic Alex

I survived only one huge natural disaster I can think of; A Tornado that ripped through our neighborhood and hit everyones house but ours. I remember being soooo scared the whole house was shaking. Our whole town was ripped apart my Dad said it went around our house it didnt even touch the yard and it ripped up the rest of the neighborhood. It was surreal but we never heard the end of that story. Besides no power/water we really didnt have to survive anything since it didnt hit us. Living in Florida tornadoes come and go Ive experienced many more but none as big as that one.

...Do shootouts and riots count? Ive survived those too 

2 people like this

Nope. I live in London (England). We don't get hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, floods or any natural hazards to be honest. I'm amazed that so many people have survived such serious events!

1 person likes this

Nope. I live in London (England). We don't get hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, floods or any natural hazards to be honest. I'm amazed that so many people have survived such serious events!

Same as New York State, some roads get flooded near lakes if there's too much rain but that's it, Ny is very safe!

Thank the Lord I haven't had to try and survive any natural disaster I'd die before it even got to me!!! :(

I survived a tornado that killed approximately 170 people in Joplin, MO.  This was no little twister.  I'll never forget it. 

post-4863-0-83785300-1371872848_thumb.jp

post-4863-0-83436100-1371873001_thumb.jp

post-4863-0-74690900-1371873013_thumb.jp

post-4863-0-68844400-1371873054_thumb.jp

post-4863-0-96461300-1371873166_thumb.jp

post-4863-0-92495900-1371873576_thumb.jp

2 people like this

Same as New York State, some roads get flooded near lakes if there's too much rain but that's it, Ny is very safe!

Wasn't New York flooded not too long ago because of a hurricane causing that huge power outage that made the city come to a standstill for a little while?

1 person likes this

Wasn't New York flooded not too long ago because of a hurricane causing that huge power outage that made the city come to a standstill for a little while?

That was New York City, the rest of Ny only got some rain and wind from the hurricane.

I survived a tornado when I was in Iowa for a summer church camp. It went right over the camp grounds and right back down on the other side. However, when it went down, it hit a nearby Boy Scout Camp and a few of the boys lost their lives that day. It was quite shocking and we went to help clean up afterwards but it was a wake up call to us all that life is short and precious. You never know what might happen to take it away. I was very thankful God protected us that day but saddened that the boy scouts weren't also saved. 

1 person likes this

For those that have been through big storms and tornadoes If you have pets did you notice a change in their behavior? I had a cat and dog through many of those storms and if the cat went missing (hiding in cabinets) while the dog hid in the corner of the closet we knew the tornado was coming our way.  It was so funny when I would open the cabinets to find my cat sittin in there all wide-eyed and freaked out lol

1 person likes this