Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
esperanza

where do u meet single waiters

16 posts in this topic

I live in so cal and I have yet to meet a male virign to date. I have met vcard guys but there all taken. I have tried church but weather they're too young or also taken. Is there a site or anything.

I only have through church really or mutual friends with similar moral/religious backgrounds. Someone else recommended a site, I think it was called Cupid sonething. I'm actually tempted to use it even though I'm only 21 :P

I have found some but, they don't wanna stay that way and got mad when i would let them cash in their vcards lol

Er don't ya mean 'wouldn't'? 0_o Argh grammar-Nazi I am, lol

If it's meant to be you'll meet the one for you where you are supposed to meet. I doubt there is a place where "waiters" flock to. Don't sweat it, let fate do it's thing :P

Peter, that's so easy to say lol but to put into practice....that's so difficult !

Yeah I know, trust me I know. I've waited A LONG TIME and I don't regret one second of it. If I am blessed to find the one for me I know when I look back it will all be worth it in the end. Now I'm not saying stay home locked in your room. Get out there and date, meet lots of new people. You can't speed up whats meant to be, and if you try you'll be in for disappointment. You gotta do what you gotta do so I'm only offering advice.

Ahhh thanks. I end up hanging out with a lot of girl friends so sayings hard but I've find ob some dates and found what I don't want. You?

Dates are few and far between for me. I hang out with my boys and we do the club / bar thing. It gets old really fast especially when you aren't playing the "game."

Your Prince Charming is out there for you girls I can promise you that. But just like you ladies on this site he isn't a dime a dozen so it will take some work or time to find him.

Hang in there :D

I think they should build a sure for single waiters. But then again no one.will know if the waiters r for reals.

Lol...we're kinda sorta on one of those kinds of sites, hee hee hee. But, yeah, a dating site geared toward wait-till-marriage types would be nice. It would definitely do away with one of the major issues for waiters (i.e. having to deal with forming relationships with those who don't agree with out values).

See ya on the flipside,

Tempest Desh

I meet fellow waiters at different churches & social functions. I don't know what your cities might have, but in Chicago, & the Chicagoland area, there are social organizations & clubs specifically for those that are waiting. Places where you can meet guys & girls of various ages from teens to early 30s (there was a greater female to male ratio), take classes to encourage your spiritual & mental growth, find support for your decision to wait, take vacations together, go out to dinner together, take etiquette classes, get counseling, go to fashion shows, & even mentor those younger than yourself. & they're not church affiliated. It was awesome to be a part of when I lived there. I never felt alone in my choice or decision. It gave me a network. I still have the network & still keep in-touch, even though I've moved. I'm away at school, now, & it makes me really appreciate what I had there. I would suggest looking on social sites like Meetup to see what they have in your area. I've gotten involved in a French & a Spanish language club, as well as a Salsa dancing club in my new city thanks to meetup. It connects you to people with similar interests so that you can broaden your social network, hang-out & have fun.

P.S. Be cautious. I never go to the first meetup alone. There are some real crazies in the world, so still remember, "Stranger danger."

dulce,

I've NEVER heard of an organization like that....only religiously affiliated. Is Meetup good? How much does it cost? I've tried okcupid and christianmingle and okcupid isn't good. Christian mingle is better because there are actually people there with my beliefs and values...

Meetup's alright. You get e-mails alerting you to groups in your area that are geared toward people with similar interests, etc. So, it's a good site to network with.

See ya on the flipside,

Tempest Desh

dulce,

Is Meetup good? How much does it cost? I've tried okcupid and christianmingle and okcupid isn't good. Christian mingle is better because there are actually people there with my beliefs and values...

Meetup is free. You only pay when you go out, i.e. I go Salsa dancing so I pay my cover charge at the entrance, or when French Club meets I pay for what I order at the restaurant. It's a good place to start. Even if you don't find other WTM people, it's good for networking, like Tempest Desh said.