Guest markb4

Spicy Foods

12 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Since we all come from different ethnicities and backgrounds and also have different preferences and pleasures, I just thought it'd be interesting to know what your relationship is with spicy food (don't read too much into that). Do you eat spicy food? If so, how spicy do you/could you eat?

Yup, I have a good relationship with spicy foods :lol:

I don't know how spicy I can eat because I don't know the spicy scale.

Korean food is pretty spicy but I don't think I could eat anything that's hot like a habanero.

No, no spicy sustinence for Josh.

The spiciest thing I can eat is like those Flamin' Hot Cheetos, other than that and my mouth is on meltdown.

Yuppers! Love any food that is spicy. My mother uses these peppers called scotch bonnet pepper, which is like the spiciest thing I ever ate. I found this on wikipedia: Most Scotch Bonnets have a heat rating of 100,000–350,000 Scoville Units.[5] For comparison, most jalapeño peppers have a heat rating of 2,500 to 8,000 on the Scoville scale.

Had hot sauce end up in my eye also, so me and spicy things have a hate love relationship.

Love spicy foods generally speaking hotter the better one of my favorite snacks is stuffed jalapenos.  I do think you can go too hot and it takes away from the other flavors in the food.

I love spicy food, but it has to be done the right way, if it is too spicy you can sometimes taste nothing but the spice. So I love it as long as it is just right :) (I can eat some very spicy things without tearing up lol).

1 person likes this

I do like spicy things up until the point where it is so spicy that all you can think about is drinking water and finding a way to stop tasting the spicy. I put hot sauce on pretty much everything (mac n' cheese, rice, meat, fries, etc.). Anything with a savory or neutral flavor tastes good with hot sauce imo. lol.

Urgh, no. I don't really like spicy food. I can handle things that are a little spicy, but not very spicy. I remember once we were out for dinner and their soup was "Spicy Italian", and I thought, "Yeah, I can handle that. It's probably not too spicy." It tasted like a bowl of spice and hot water. If you ate one spoonful, it took about a third of your glass of lemonade to wash it away. That was not a nice experience.

xxx

Lol! Love spicy & hot foods!!!! The main thing is the flavours have to be balanced...You should be able to enjoy the dish. It shouldn't be so Hot or Spicy that you don't get the all the flavours of the ingredients & the harmony they make in the dish. All of your taste buds should be enthralled with what your eating!!! I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about! Have you every had a meal or a dish and said "Oh! My! God! That was soo GOOD!!!!" It struck an emotional & pleasurable experience!...you should'nt be crying or coughing through the meal!!! Lol! It should be a culinary exeperience you won't soon forget!

1 person likes this

Yep I gotta have my hot wings or hot sauce on my collard greens, I also love jerk chicken(it was to the point where I was adding jerk seasoning to everything). For me its all about the flavoring if you go too hot there is nothing to taste, your eyes water while your mouth is burning I dont like that, so I guess thats my limit. I like it better when the spice compliments the other flavors in the dish....Well there was this one time when I was eating hot wings, my ears were burning while my throat was closing up(I think i was having some weird reaction) but I still kept eating because it was just so damn good! I didnt care if I couldve died lol I need help I know. Stuffed jalapenos are good too Im a foodie so I'll try anything once as long as it doesnt stare back at me.

Im a big baby!.. i cannot handle, really anything that any of you guys would deem spicey.. however that being said.. i would totally try anyting out to see if I like it or not..(i have eaten 3 jalepaneos.. (the red ones, the really hot ones we get in NZ)... yes i said 3.. not just one.. like any normal (not sure if they can handle spicey or hot fooded) person.. i ate 3..all at once.. cause im insane..that was brutal...similar to a scene out of texas chainsaw massacre.. (im kidding i've never seen that movie.. but it wasnt pretty!!!) :wacko:  :blink:  :mellow:  :excl:   :P

I love pepper and nuetral herbs and spices...but nothing that could ever be deemed "hot" by the worlds standards.  Also im Allergic to Capsicums.. and most others, from the pepper family... :(

But i also realise i havent really been able to experience alot of food cultures.. We dont have as much variety here...sooo im still excited.. to find out :)

*****hahahahah..this could be a perfect oppourtunity for dirty humour.. but i shall refrain from "spicing" ;)  this feed up.. bahahaha....yes i made that JOKE!!!!!****** :D

1 person likes this

For me the spicier the better :D Usually if I buy things like chips I always go for the hot or spicy kinds. And the same for foods in restaurants. My brother and I use to see who could tolerate the hottest. Other people usualy start sweating and complain when we eat the same thing but to me it ain't that hot.