Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Reincarnation

6 posts in this topic

I haven't watched the videos yet but ill share my opinion on reincarnation, I think the idea of it is pretty cool, you don't always come back as a human or what you were before, you come back only based on how you lived your life previously, live a bad life and come back as a moth!

Reincarnation is something I have believed in for a very long time. Its always made more sense to me and is one of the many beliefs I have about the soul that has obliterated my fear of death.

1 person likes this

(Yeah, I'm too lazy to watch the videos, too...)

No, I don't believe in reincarnation. Doing so would imply that human beings are just souls-in-a-body, and the body is arbitrary, like a shell, and can just be changed. But we're not souls who merely inhabit a body (some religions even say our souls are "trapped" in our bodies, and are "freed" at death). We're also not bodies whose soul is just a "spark" that animates it. We are body and soul. Both parts are equally important to who we are.

I had this conversation with Vince a little while ago, about how some Christians seem to forget that getting to Heaven is not the end. You don't just die, get separated from your body, your soul goes to Heaven (hopefully), and then that's it. Since we're body and soul creatures, we're going to be hanging around in an unnatural state for a while. But we'll get our bodies back later when Christ comes back. Back to our natural body and soul state. So, yay! I hope there's lots of ice cream in Heaven, because I will be eating it all....

Have you ever wondered what would have happened if at the moment of your conception, it had been a different sperm cell that made it to the egg? The answer is, you wouldn't be here. Different body = different soul, and therefore, a different person. Makes you feel very lucky to be alive...

xxx

4 people like this

My daughter has made some strange statements, but I have always maintained the thought that she was too young to comprehend that she didn't exist before her birth.  I would say something about when I was a little girl and she would ask, "where was I?" Or she thinks she was "a mommy".   If reincarnation does exist than that would mean the soul has some capability of memory without the brain..  that is a difficult conclusion.

I am neutral on the topic of reincarnation.  I do not know the answers and I accept that.  I lean towards the direction that it does not exist as it doesn't seem congruent with my religion but I am merely a human with limited understanding. 

2 people like this