Francois

40 year old virgin

5 posts in this topic

I'd like to know everyone's opinion on the movie "40 year old virgin". When I saw the preview was thinking that the movie is a typical mockery of people who are WTM. I didn't see it fully but I managed to see parts of it towards the end and then my thoughts leaned more toward that the movie is actually putting WTM in a good light. Now my question is, is it poking fun at WTM-ers orsupporting it?

I think that if the film is "poking fun" at anyone its not at WTM, but at guys who want to get laid but fail at it...mostly due to a lack of social and interpersonal skills.

I have seen the movie.....quite a while ago....I honestly think it does both. In the beginning of the movie...when his co-workers find out they mock him & try their best to "D'Virginize" him...but if you notice through out their many attempts to do so.....Its not what he wants & every "set up" fails....until he meets the woman who falls in love with him & he with her.....And they have sex for the first time on their wedding night. And BING! The one woman he desires to have sex with (his wife!) it doesn't repulse him. And theirs no horrible thing like puking on him happen???? Hmmmm??? Go figure?!!? o_O If you also remember...didn't a few of his co-workers learn a thing or two about relationships at the end?? I myself am a virgin & I'm 43! It was a promise I made to myself & God...I had seen what those I loved went through & yet deal with that ventured into sex...I didn't want that for myself. But, mainly I wanted to do it the way God intended it in the first place. To only be with my husband. So, in saying that I think the movie spoke quite loudly on WTM!!

3 people like this

I always tell myself that if I am still a virgin at 30, I'll get magical wizard powers and by the time I'm 40, I'll be like an archmage and by 50, I'll take over the world. I know some people find those jokes insulting, but I always found that kind of humor useful for dealing with problems whether it is my autism or whatever. I just kind of laugh at how untrue it is and pretend its untrue sort of to show how silly it is. It's weird...

1 person likes this