Tev

Video Models

11 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if any of you here are familiar with the world of Hip-Hop, but an issue that have is with the ladies who are in these videos, wearing revealing clothes, dancing and shaking their goods. And I brought it to this section because I wanted to get the opinions of the lovely ladies here and to see how you ladies feel about this topic. Personally when I see a women dancing sexually while wearing revealing clothes, my heart breaks :(  because when I see them I see my younger cousins and it hurts. But it also makes me angry :angry:. Because if you ask some of the girls why they're doing this, their response is "I do it for the check" or to some effect. Now please forgive me ladies, (and/or guys) that will be chiming in but that is a prostitute mentality. I'm not calling them prostitutes per say, but their mentality is to that effect. And the thing about it is that there isn't one male to come out and say "Yo this is wrong, you shouldn't do that, its not right," etc. No, what do we do? We encourage the ladies "Yeah, keep shaking it like that, now bring it closer, ok now drop it a little bit lower" etc. I, as a young man, refuse to accept this. I don't want young girls thinking this crap is cool. And the same thing goes for strippers in my opinion. Ladies tell me what you think....

1 person likes this

I dont watch stuff like that cause it grosses me out  and saddens me for others reasons not really related to this topicbut I agree it is prostitute mentality same as when a woman goes after men for their money there are lots of people out there like that.

Personally I think its sad when a woman sells her body but  there are women out there that love it they feel powerful by seducing men, they like the attention and they like to feel sexy.  I have a friend of a friend who is an adult actress personally its not something I could/would ever do but I dont judge her for it, she's an art student, shes not sad, she doesnt come from a broken home, she just likes to be "free" and sexual and there is nothing wrong with that she's an adult. She doesnt judge me for being a virgin and she's actually a really intelligent sweet girl... what I don't like though is the judgements that go along with it, if a woman dresses sexy she is put into that category automatically (wanting the wrong attention) some women just want to be sexy and there is nothing bad about that.

Now if you are referring to young girls (teens) shaking it then that is sad and another reason why I dont like that site. I saw a young girl on youtube calling herself a c*** because Nikki minaj said that in her lyrics just no self respect and its sad (go hip hop). I think if we dont want the young ones to think thats cool we shouldnt expose them to that type of behavior they should learn self respect first and know their self worth is not based on how big their butt is or how fast they can shake it. 

And excuse me for being so direct but why are you on that website if you dont like bootydancing?  isnt it usually hip hop girls butt shaking Im not completely familiar with the site but the few times Ive seen links its led me to that or video vixens who are basically naked. Of course if you go to a site like that youre going to be exposed to those types of things I hope that wasnt rude of me I just assumed thats mostly what the website has. I mean it is world of hip hop

2 people like this

Yeh as for the Hip-Hop world I like some songs but even if I do it's never explicit I HATE curse words and derogatory terms for females, so I never admit to liking the whole genre. I usually never watch the videos unless I'm watching BET or just really like a song. As an example of a catchy song that's really sexual though and the video is sexual..."Body Party" I do like some old Cierra and lots of Future though:D

Whoa I got off topic..as for the women/young girls portrayed in music videos..it's disgusting and very much a prostitute-like mentality. It definitely doesn't help this generation but sadly it's something we can't change...I'd say more but gtg !

I knew this girl my age who stripped to earn money, she was engaged at the time and she is now married and she is still doing that until she finds a decent job and pays off her debts. 

I have heard of a lot of girls who do stuff like strip to pay for college. I am not the most financially sound, but I'd never sink so low to do that. I'm fine being poor. 

1 person likes this

@Tatyana No, it's not a website these videos actually show up on TV (like MTV Jams and all that other crap). And no that wasn't rude of you btw :)

oooohh I see, I thought you were referring to the site lol thats why I was so confused (I watch tv online)

Lol no, that's ok everyone needs a little bit of clarification every now and again

Ugh, for the most part I just stay away from hip hop culture and I advise you to do the same. 99% of it is annoying, disappointing, and offensive. Anything good about hip hop and hip hop culture is obscured by mountains of foulness. The thing that annoys me is the people that know this fact yet support it :wacko:. The damage is already done Tev. Young girls have been thinking its cool to do those things. 

I have personally been scouted for those type of modeling jobs and of course I turned them down and was offended by the offer (I'm too skinny anyway). Urban models do modeling for rap videos and other various forms of trashy modeling. Its usually curvy women of hispanic or black descent that do this time of modeling.  Then there's import modeling, which is dominated by mostly asian girls. The import modeling is only slightly less trashy than urban modeling but still really bad and I find it interesting that no one gets outraged/offended by import modeling but they do urban modeling, but that's another discussion.

Oh and the girls aren't doing it for the money because video models get paid little to nothing. Most of them do it for short term fame to brag about on twitter because they love the attention or in hopes of meeting a famous rapper and making some sort of gain that way (ie Kim Kardashian and Amber Rose).

As for the sexual dancing. That's not only in music videos. You can find girls and guys dancing like that at any party or club. I don't understand it. Why don't people actually dance anymore? Why is dancing now a simulation of sex? Yet another reason why I haven't stepped foot into a party since 9th grade and refuse to go to a club.

1 person likes this

I just see it as pure entertainment. I've been a fan of hip hop music since I was 12 but I didn't turn into a ho. So I think those young girls who try to imitate what they see in the music videos are just hungry for some attention and can't really differentiate between fantasy and reality. Watching hip hop videos will not automatically turn you into a ho if you have good judgement lol  I don't think anybody should use the influence from hip hop music as an excuse to act like a ho. Would you graffiti on some public property if you saw other people doing it? It's the same thing. Sort of. You have to use your own judgement. Don't just blindly follow the crowd.

I also agree with Tatyana that some women just want to be sexy because it's empowering. Those women are really the ones bringing in the money and the youtube hits lol

It's a use and abuse relationship. SOME men use money to get what they want from  SOME women...and SOME  women use their bodies to get what they want from SOME men. Its a vicious cycle that will never cease because one or the other will always strive to get what they feel they need and/or want. It's as simple as that. Is it sad? Yes, but everyone is to blame and until one stands up and stops the madness and ceases to use and abuse..the cycle will continue...this cycle has been going on since the beginning of time it's just not in Hip-Hop Urban culture it's everywhere to some extent. 

1 person likes this