LookingForTheOne

Rejection question

How do you handle this situation?   31 members have voted

1. 1. You like someone but they reject you. If it later turns out that they want you, how do you react?

• Give them a chance, just as if they said yes all along
    • "No. You didn't want me young, you won't have me old!"
    • Or does it depend on the scenario?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 posts in this topic

Say you're into someone and decide to ask them out. They say no for whatever reason. Well, you've moved on, and at some point down the road, it turns out that they have changed their mind, and all of a sudden they want you! How do you react?

I would give them a chance, unless they had a sudden physical change and are suddenly unattractive.. So I guess it depends on the scenario.

It depends on the scenario. If they are interested in me again because their more ideal options are no longer available to them, then no way will I humor having a relationship with that person. If they simply thought it over and realized it was a mistake not dating me, then yes, I'd give it a shot.

6 people like this

It depends on the scenario. If they are interested in me again because their more ideal options are no longer available to them, then no way will I humor having a relationship with that person. If they simply thought it over and realized it was a mistake not dating me, then yes, I'd give it a shot.

This was exactly what I was thinking of when I was saying "you didn't want me young; you won't get me old." Overall, you hit the nail on the head right there.

1 person likes this

It depends on the scenario...what if I'm in another relationship? The main question is why do they suddenly want me(changing as a person or physically more attractive? Can't get anyone else?) ....so much but it would have to happen for real to truely know what went on.

1 person likes this

It depends on the scenario (this seems to be the popular answer). Sometimes people change their minds. Maybe at first, for whatever reason, she just wasn't interested in me. That's fine. Then, we meet again a couple years later, have a nice talk, and she decides she would like to go on a date with me. I'm pretty sure I would say yes, assuming I still find her physically attractive. Similarly, if the girl wasn't physically attracted to me before, but now is for whatever reason (maybe I started working out, my acne scars cleared up, her preferences changed (does that happen often?), ect...) I would date her. Of course, there are reasons for her changing her mind that could potentially be reasons that would cause me to no longer date her. If she had previously dated guys she didn't really like, but thought were super attractive and dated them largely for sex or "fun," then decided now that she was over that phase and she would go for me, then, no, I wouldn't date her. Even if I didn't have virginity as a dealbreaker I don't think I would date a girl who had done that. (Of course, I hope the woman I marry does find me super attractive and that I wouldn't have this issue anyway.)

1 person likes this

honestly I'd make him work, that way I'd know he really wants to try with me vs "just ran outta options" usually when people are flaky the relationship ends up so-so and Im to grown for that.

5 people like this

Not only would it depend on the reason, but different reasons would require a different response.

1. If she was rejected me because she is recovering from a breakup or they were going through a rough time in their life, then I would remain her friend and wait for her.

2. If she rejected me because she didn't feel the same way at first but later changed her mind, then she has to put in effort to show that her change of heart is genuine. I already put in the effort the first time so I only think it's fair she does the same the next time around.

3. If she rejected me for any reason that involves me being a "consolation prize" then HELL NO! I've been down in that situation before. A girl I used to care about a lot coldly rejected me for some bad boy only to end up getting pregnant, abused and en emotional wreck. Years down the road, I ran into her again and she magically wants me just because she wants me clean up her mess and raise her child for her. Quite frankly, I found it very offensive she even had the audacity to ask for me back. Did she really think I'd be stupid enough to settle as her second choice? If all I am to her is an insurance policy then I don't want her.

5 people like this

3. If she rejected me for any reason that involves me being a "consolation prize" then HELL NO! I've been down in that situation before. A girl I used to care about a lot coldly rejected me for some bad boy only to end up getting pregnant, abused and en emotional wreck. Years down the road, I ran into her again and she magically wants me just because she wants me clean up her mess and raise her child for her. Quite frankly, I found it very offensive she even had the audacity to ask for me back. Did she really think I'd be stupid enough to settle as her second choice? If all I am to her is an insurance policy then I don't want her.

I'm with you Vince! Especially on this one! I honestly havent had the "pleasure" (pun intented!) of haveing been rejected. But, on the chance I would be, on your first 2 reasons it seems only fair in those instances.... However on the the 3rd scenario in the reverese situtaion with a man....The girl has broke is heart and trampled all over it & took him for everything he had!!! I would offter him my friendship & prayer if he asked for it....But that would be it!

1 person likes this

Going to have to agree with the "it depends" crowd.

There is at least one person out there who, if she came back and said she had been interested before but wasn't ready, or was otherwise involved, and yes of COURSE she had waited, I'd be like, "Oh, I see. ....... So what are you doing tonight?"

1 person likes this

It depends on the situation. Maybe he was recovering from a break-up or just wasn't in the right place to date. There are many factors to take into consideration. But I would still be a little hesitant, I think.

They had there chance

random story but there was this time my dad asked a girl out and she rejected him when they were young and now they have both been married with kids and both are divorced and she is crazy for my dad and always tries to seduce him and he always says ...never gonna happen ...funny how the future is no?

1 person likes this

There are an infinite number of reasons she could have rejected me. If she fits all my other criteria and is genuinely interested in me, I'd give her a chance. I'd want the same if the roles were reversed.

1 person likes this