Animdre

Hello, my name is Animdre

14 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, my name is Doctor Ni . . . I mean Animdre. I am new here. My story goes something like this: I grew up in a very religious family that upheld virginity until marriage, and my father would have me promise every single day not to give out until marriage. He basically edited every movie I ever saw, and restricted movies to old school monogamous relationships. Some people call it culture, religion, and/or brain washing, but in the end I am pretty much stuck in my ways. I've tried changing and opening up, but no matter what I do it feels wrong when I try to muster up the courage to do something more, so I never really got to have an experimental phase with anything really. 

My interests include anime, cartoons, video games, art, comic books, reading, swimming, hiking, climbing, and occasionally weight training (I was really big into weight training in high school). Some may call me your typical nerd, but that's only really an environmental influence created by my family's avoidance and restriction on contact sports mixed with mild autism, and the alternative hobbies I picked up because of that restriction. 

Anyway, I have tried dating the traditional way and it's really hard to find the right girl when working and in college. I meet a girl who is pretty, we go out on some dates, and then she or I decide we are just into different types of dating. Last night in particular was interesting. I was hanging out with some new friends (traditional definition), and they all partnered off to become "friends" if you know what I mean. I was in a really lonely mood and really disappointed because I was interested in one of the girls, but I remembered this website, and now I am happy and reinvigorated knowing there are other people out there like me. :D

1 person likes this

You like cartoons and animation? We'll get along fine :D !

Welcome to the site!

1 person likes this

Welcome! Glad to hear you don't feel quite so lonely anymore :)

ooooooh... video games? I love video games! What kinds do you enjoy? I love RPGs myself *points to Rosa avatar*

Hello! Animdre :-) You have happened upon some FABULOUS people here!!! Very nice to have you with us!