Sophie

Any tips for travelling?

9 posts in this topic

On the 29th I am leaving for Germany where I will stay in Berlin for 4 weeks with a host family and then 1 week in Switzerland. This is my very first time travelling alone, so I'm freaking out quite a bit. Does anyone have any advice?

Hi! Stacie! I can understand why your a bit nervous! Lol! International travel can be daunghting! My advice to you is to think of it as a adventure! :-) The majority of you travel will be inside airport terminals......so you should be perfectly safe. Also, be sure to stay in open well populated areas close to your boarding gate. And.....don't be affraid to strike up a conversation with a fellow traveler! It will really make the trip more enjoyable! I have had some fabulous conversations doing just that! You never know......you just may meet......"The One!" Giggle! And when you get to your host family, I'm sure they will take good care of you! So, just enjoy this wonderful experience! Bon Voyage!!!!!

1 person likes this

Tips for travel-

1) Pack light: Ounces= Pounds= Pain

2) Have a plan, know where you stand

3) Be with a buddy

4) Check it- Ticket, Passport, Exit; Buckle- Click it

5) Wear easily removable shoes...as little liquids as possible...make sure bag is under 50 lbs (shoes,liquids, bags)

My tips: (1) Have Fun (2) Be Safe (3) Enjoy (4) Repeat steps 1-3 :)

-Sounds like an awesome trip enjoy!

1 person likes this

OOooooOOOO I looooove traveling alone its so fun and you dont have to wait on anyone, and you get to meet different people from different parts of the world OOooooOOo I love it  :D .  I was nervous the first time too especially being a girl traveling overseas all alone, bring something that will bring comfort to you a favorite book?, teddy bear?, ipod? and wear something comfortable that always helps me. Be prepared for a long entrance into customs and immigration that's a journey within itself make sure you have your paperwork/passport handy so that things go smoothly for you...other than that I cant really add anything that wasnt already said just have fun and be open to meeting new folks along the way but also be safe.

1 person likes this

I don't have much more to add but I don't think anyone has said it yet, so...

Bring a camera and take LOTS of pictures of the views but also of people because ultimately the people will be who you want to remember. :)

Have fun!  

1 person likes this

I don't really travel but I do go camping most summers lol, and have found packing clothing and other things this way to be helpful. It holds alot of things - in my opinion- in a small carry on. The first way of packing seems to be easier to me :)

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2010/05/06/business/businessspecial/20100506-pack-ss-12.html

Thanks everyone! I've been in Germany for 2 nights now. Some stuff has been pretty stressful, but so far so good.

1 person likes this