Invincible

Wife Duties

10 posts in this topic

The inverse of LK's "Husbandly Duties" thread. 

Ladies, what do you perceive as your "wife duties" to perform? What do you aspire to be able to do, what are you adding to your Wife Resume?

Guys, what do you expect, or hope to expect, out of your woman? What duties or obligations do you want her to feel towards you, and what would you like to see on a Woman Resume?

Here's mine:

1. A woman who will acknowledge and appreciate my accomplishments. I want to know that she values me and wants me for me.

2. A woman who will be voluntarily submissive in the biblical sense

3. A woman who respects me. I want to be confident that she will build me up instead of tear me down in private and around others.

4, A woman who is supportive and tender. No guy can do everything himself. He needs to know that his wife will be there to encourage him and help him along the way.

5. A woman who will be a good mother. Children have a special connection with their mother and she needs to be nurturing and caring for them.

6. A woman who will be available, within reason, sexually. We're guys. We need sex, plain and simple lol.

7. A woman who will make me feel secure in a relationship. I want to know that her heart is mine and that she is completely loyal to me.

3 people like this

I don't see the following as duties that I have to perform. I would happily do them out of love for my husband and our family.

I want to:

1. Be there for him emotionally, physically and sexually: I want to love him through the ups and downs of life and comfort him when he’s feeling down. I want to be his biggest cheerleader, his best friend, the person he feels he can open up to in every way. Like an “us against the world†feeling  ^_^

2. Be respectful: This can be reflected in the way one behaves. So, an example would be to never belittle/humiliate/speak negatively about him.

3. Be attractive to him always: Many people neglect themselves when they get married, but I think that maintaining a healthy diet, staying physically fit and taking care of one’s appearance is very important.

4. Be an awesome mom to our children.

5. Take care of our home: Keep it organized and clean. This also includes using money wisely, being resourceful and contributing financially.

6. Be amiable, kind, pleasant, positive and graceful. I've heard people nagging and I think it’s very annoying and doesn’t solve a thing. So, no nagging from me.

7. Be a good cook: They say that a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Not sure if it’s true, but it doesn’t hurt to have yummy, wholesome, nutritious meals, right?

Basically, I'm striving to be a Proverbs 31 wife.

8 people like this

You hit everything spot on Vince! I want to be a good wife and maybe someday a mother. Also, to live quietly and peacefully with my family, like what happens in our home we keep it within our home and work it out with one another also so very recluse and united where we encourage one another and our children's strength and not compare them but focus on their individual needs as a person. I feel very strongly that respect is a must in a relationship. If you don't respect your partner you can't love them, respect and love go hand-in-hand to me. Also, I want to be feminine in a way that makes my husband feel masculine and powerful and that no matter what is going on we have one another to grow and mature together, we are a team. Also, I can't stand things to be messy, cluttered, and unorganized I can't think and feel depressed so a clean, spacious house is a must! That's me so far!

3 people like this

I'd agree with Sarita in the sense that I also think I wouldn't think of them as duties, because that would make jt sound like a burden to me... these would just be things that I know I'd do without thinking for a future husband...

(A) Loyalty: I wouldn't look at another guy in the same way.

( B )be there for him, when he is feeling weak, be his cheerleader, help him become the best that he can become in everything. Be there for him sexually as well ( but I wouldn't consider that as just kindness to him, I'm sure I would really enjoy that too when the time came haha)

© listen to him properly

(D) attempt to cook and clean. I am actually a messy person who only knows how to cook four dishes, so attempt for his sake is the key word here :P

(E) respect him. Never let him feel undervalued

(F) be a good mother to our kids.

(G) contribute in terms of finances to the house, car, bills etc.

(H) be positive

3 people like this

Firstly, I agree with the sentiments of Sarita and Selina. I am not obligated to do these things for him but my heart will naturally desire it because of my love for him. 

Here is my list (It probably won't be complete):

1. Supporter/Encourager - This is where I can put in my strength of optimism into practice. When my husband comes home from work or wherever stressed and heavy-laden, I want to be the one he can vent to and raise him back up. I always want him to know that he is my hero and I respect his opinion and his hard work.

2. Beauty- I want to continue to look good for my man (within reason - I'm not getting surgery for him) I want him to feel like he will always be someone worthy of getting dressed up for. :)

3. Spiritual partner - I want to be the person who encourages him to keep up his spirituality and to discuss the Bible or anything else. He needs to be the spiritual leader but spiritual discussions should go both ways.

4. Lover- This goes beyond sex. I want to give kisses and hugs and hold hands and generally make him feel handsome. I will try to be available for sex as well as much as possible without it being a problem where I resent him and feel like I am being made to have sex with him. I'm sure this won't happen but if I just received heart-breaking news and don't feel like being intimate, I have the flu, etc.  please stay away.  lol That being said, I will make an effort for my man even after 60 years of marriage. 

5. Mother- I want to be a great mother. I may steal his thunder by being such a great mother. My husband should be prepared for me being the favorite parent. ;) jk

6. Nurturer- I cannot wait to take care of my man when he gets sick. I want to make chicken noodle soup for him and serve him. There is something about a helpless man that is just adorable. (For a little while). Although, vomit may be a barrier. lol

7. Comedian- I love being funny. I heard that men mostly like women who laugh at them, not women who make them laugh but I want both in my marriage. I want to play off of each other and go on as if we have our own secret language and be that person that can always make him smile and laugh. 

8. An extra hand - Self-explanatory. If he needs help, I'll provide it to the best of my ability. If we need another income, I've got a degree. (Or I will by then. Come on, August!) 

5 people like this

Naturally, I think this "duty" ideology goes back to the 50s where that is all women did. In the 21st Century, women should be able to be the tinker, tailor, soldier and the spy.  By that I mean, there should not be a list that ones checks off daily or weekly, but rather practices. I as a future husband would want to do things that make my wife's life easier, happy, and be a witness to her life, just as she would to mine. 

As for who does what? Well to me, Faithfulness is my #1. But other topics can be discussed. But I sincerely hope she will volunteer to do the cat litter. (I love my cats to death, but hate the cat litter)

1 person likes this

Aaaaah!.........Vince! Your question immediatly brings to mind....Proverbs 31: 10-31....in this chapter King Lemuel is recalling what his mother taught him of what a Godly wife should epitimize! How amazing is that!!!! I truly aspire to be that type of woman!!! She is Gods standard of a woman! In doing so I can't help but be the jewel in my husbands crown! And not only that, bring my husband honor. But most of all God will get the ultimate glory in our marriage!

2 people like this

Aaaaah!.........Vince! Your question immediatly brings to mind....Proverbs 31: 10-31....in this chapter King Lemuel is recalling what his mother taught him of what a Godly wife should epitimize! How amazing is that!!!! I truly aspire to be that type of woman!!! She is Gods standard of a woman! In doing so I can't help but be the jewel in my husbands crown! And not only that, bring my husband honor. But most of all God will get the ultimate glory in our marriage!

Yes, AGarden. A Proverbs 31 woman is what every Christian dude should pursue :)