fearlessgirl2

Is it possible to show affection?

6 posts in this topic

Since I recently decided to wait until marriage to have sex, I have a lot of questions that come to mind. I get alot of mixed reactions when I look this question up online, so I was wondering what y'all think. If someone is waiting until marriage and they've found that special person that is also waiting until marriage, should they be hugging or kissing if they're in public? I know it's not a good idea for couples to be alone due to temptation but should they wait to kiss and hug or hold hands until marriage since they're waiting to have sex? I mean kssing and hugging could lead to other things...

well, hugging and kissing in public in public tends to be rude in some situations, its where the phrase "get a room you two" comes from. 

From what I have gathered how far you take it depends on your self-control, if you can't handle hugging and kissing and gets you hot and bothered, then you shouldn't do that. For me and my boyfriend, we don't really find sex to be very important and we have very high self control so we can get all the way up to second base without getting tempted. People's hormones and whatnot is different and it is up to you. Then there is things like oral sex and hanjobs that some people consider sex and should be waited on while others don't. I found that many people who wait consider it off-limits though, but again, it is up to you. Waiting is your decision that you are doing for your own benefit after all (even if your reason is because it is part of your religion, you are still making that decision to follow your religion and its teachings too)

When in doubt, hold back on whatever act you have in question for now if you are unsure.

1 person likes this

Just do as much as you're comfortable with, if you don't think you should do something, don't do it!

Well I kiss and hug honestly, part of me wanted to wait till I got married to kiss but t didn't happen that way. I would just say don't be like all over each other that's usually the line I think. Anything that physically arouses you or your boyfriend is probably to much I would say. I mean I know when I've kissed my girl to long.

1 person likes this

To me that's crazy. You aren't gonna spring into sex whilst holding hands in a walk through the park or kissing in front of people. for short, it isn't impure to hold hands or just kiss (without heavy contact ) so you shouldn't have to wait until marriage for it in my opinion .

Just be human. If you are both comfortable to hold hands, hug, kiss then do so. You won't transform into an abomination that makes you unable to have self control. Just be aware of how intense these actions get. Naturally, you want to keep yourself in check, so just be mindful. But intimate expression is natural, and it is important in a relationship. 

3 people like this