luxorcairo

Who here aspires to marry a wealthy man?

83 posts in this topic

Luke 6:20-21, Luke 6:34-35, Luke 8:14. It is wise to earn a wage for what you "need" and for those you know in need but to make it part of the foundation will only hinder you walk with Christ whether it be for your relationships or any other part of your life.

Math 6:25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?"

Look to the currency that dose not diminish and that endures into eternity, make this your requirement rather then that of the worldly currency, Top requirement of all Christian relationships should be the foundation of the love of Christ. John 15:13, if you have love like this for each other (and of course primarily for god first) then what should you fear?

Numbers 6:24-26

Zatyrael.

I'm new here on this site and want to add my two cents because this topic is hitting very close to home for me right now. 

I am 45yo and recently decided it's time to get married (and yes, I'm waiting!). For two reasons - the loneliness of living alone and cooking for one is getting to me, and also, my financial situation is not great and I want someone in my life to split expenses with. I have never done well with roommates and I figure if I'm going to live with someone, I'd rather it be someone I love very much and would be able to forgive throwing socks on the floor rather than a roommate I want to crucify for stealing my last piece of cake. 

I live on disability due to a bad car accident - less than $1000 a month - and that's very difficult when your rent alone is nearly $700. I make just enough for the rent, utilities and cat food - I can't put anything into savings, I can't pay my student loans, and I can't go out and have any fun at all because I don't have any extra money. My situation prevents me from having friendships and even dating because it embarrasses me not to have any money - how do I explain that to a potential husband and not feel like a total loser, despite the fact that my disability is not my fault at all. 

I have avoided marriage all these years because I wanted to be the strong, independent feminist who never takes a penny from a man for any reason. I've re-thought that recently. As my best friend - who is a man - said to me, "And how's that been working out for you?" Truth? It hasn't. 

When I thought about marriage, I thought about what I wanted. And after someone who is faithful and loving, comes financial security. Not stability - security. Hell, I can be poor on my own, I don't need a husband for that, so I can certainly understand the woman who said $40k is her bottom line for a husband. While I am certainly not as materialistic as she seems to be, I personally would not be involved with a man who brings home as little as I do and has no career. I am not looking for a rich husband, but I already live in a tiny crappy apartment on my own, I don't need to double my aggravation by marrying someone who can't help me live a more comfortable life. Money is the number one reason marriages break up, and who needs the stress of constantly worrying if the bills will get paid or if you'll end up evicted? I'm just back on my feet after two years of sleeping on my mother's couch because I lost my last apartment when I became disabled. I worry every month about that happening again and it only takes one emergency - like the one I'm having now, having to choose between taking my very sick cat to the vet or paying the electric bill - for me to end up in that situation once again. I already have so much financial stress, I don't need more piled on top, and I don't think it's wrong for me to want a man in my life who WANTS to see me thriving and happy and not constantly in a state of panic over money. So, my bottom line is not a dollar figure but a man who already is a homeowner. I won't marry or date a man who lives in an apartment. I have no problem moving into my husband's home and putting the $700 I'm currently paying in rent towards the mortgage. 

And while I totally get what some of the men have been saying about the pressures of being a good provider that's put on men, it's just the way it is and always has been, since the dawn of time men have always been the hunters and providers, and women have traditionally taken care of the home. Both these roles are very important and just as equal to one another and as long as one of the partners is not holding anything over the other's head, I see nothing wrong with it. Reciprocity should be the key in any relationship and because I personally am uncomfortable with a man even treating me to dinner (I've always offered dutch on dates), when a man does now, I offer something in return, like cooking dinner for him or packing a picnic lunch.

Fair is fair, but when it comes to marital finances, I believe that whoever makes more money should take care of the lion's share of the expenses and the person who makes less should contribute as much as they possibly can. Hey, Nick Cannon just told Howard Stern that this is the arrangement he and Mariah have for even paying the monthly electric bill. If it's a good enough arrangement for them, it should be good enough for everyone. 

I won't marry or date a man who lives in an apartment.

Living in an apartment doesn't mean a bad financial situation, my friend who recently graduated college is making 8 thousand a month and is living in an apartment, with no plans to buy a home.

1 person likes this

For now am more focused on making my own money not waiting for a husband to be wealthy .I would like to make part of the money and that husband out there better be working smart like me because no one wants a head of a family who is not smart and not just book smart i prefer reality smart.i have seen some guys who are book smart but the choices they make in reality are just disappointing

The man being wealthy is not something I am looking for. There are many other things that are more important than money. Sure, it would be nice to have enough to make ends meet and not be struggling all the time financially. But then what I consider "enough" is probably not near what the majority would consider even close to enough income-wise. As long as God would provide for us, through legal, stable jobs and such, I'd be cool with whatever income he and I would have income-wise together. I mean I'm honestly content with what I have materially and i live in a rented bedroom.

1 person likes this

I am pretty poor in general, but ever since I was 18, I have been able to get plenty of girls to pretty much be my sex slaves, so OBVIOUSLY (as proven by Tiger Woods and others), a man with tons of $$ will have an infinite amount of hot women available to him, either for just fvck buddies, or even mid-term relationships, companionship, and hell, even being really good friends (with benefits lol)!!!!

So, why would ANY rich man (let's say someone who makes over $1million) ever want to get married and set himself up for potential disaster???

Besides the fact that they can have mostly ANY woman that they want, won't it ALWAYS be in the back of their mind that the woman they married is mostly with the guy just because of his money??? And if it isn't in the back of their mind, shouldn't it be??? lol

We have all seen the BAD end result of some of these marriages (Tiger Woods, Paul McCartney, Michael Jordan, ect ect).........and I am sure there are many others who are having affairs and cheating on their wives anyway............

so...........

does this all come down to a pvssified mindset that "marrying" and "settling down" is necessary without any logic reasoning to back it up???

I am pretty poor in general, but ever since I was 18, I have been able to get plenty of girls to pretty much be my sex slaves, so OBVIOUSLY (as proven by Tiger Woods and others), a man with tons of $$ will have an infinite amount of hot women available to him, either for just fvck buddies, or even mid-term relationships, companionship, and hell, even being really good friends (with benefits lol)!!!!

So, why would ANY rich man (let's say someone who makes over $1million) ever want to get married and set himself up for potential disaster???

Besides the fact that they can have mostly ANY woman that they want, won't it ALWAYS be in the back of their mind that the woman they married is mostly with the guy just because of his money??? And if it isn't in the back of their mind, shouldn't it be??? lol

We have all seen the BAD end result of some of these marriages (Tiger Woods, Paul McCartney, Michael Jordan, ect ect).........and I am sure there are many others who are having affairs and cheating on their wives anyway............

so...........

does this all come down to a pvssified mindset that "marrying" and "settling down" is necessary without any logic reasoning to back it up???

Really buddy? You've going to come in here and talk about how you treat women as sex slaves? Good bye and don't let the door hit you on your way out.

5 people like this

I agree with you all. Seen a lot of people in good married couples break up when there man loses there good job . Pretty sad he was only worth his pay check and they run to another with a better job. Taking the free ride in life nothing to do with love. As well if you have a good job in the area . I have seen one guy 3 or 4 women compete for him . Security is nice though. If a guy has money and travels a lot hr can get into a lot of trouble .lol. pick a guy that at least works and is trust worthy . Life has ups and downs . A poor man can win the lottery tomorrow or change his carreer or start a business live well or become rich . Besides 2 crap jobs say 2000 a month is a good life. You can build a house pretty cheap . Buy land for 600 to 2000 an acre . Food is usually sold for 2 not one and you have help. Eventually one of you will find a decent job. Just don't marry a non team player . Don't take much money for retirement if ya start early. The economy is gonna completely collapse soon with hyper inflation and no jobs so at least joe dirts at least gonna have a job . You never know who will end up rich. They would seem to be going know where. It happens and know people want you. Lol. They want the easy life by getting married. Me I am poor . I have 176 acres a small business . Getting more land . Once I move to nz I will make around 30,000 to over a 100,000 if I decide to be a boss which includes a nice house for free. Lol. Pick wisely. I have retirement payed for when I sell my land or rent it out . Build housing. Besides are taxes are so high the government basically takes half unless you spend it. Then ya broke again . Bigger than the next depression is coming so learn to garden build a nice small home . Cheap living. Why relationships started in high school are best. You already know each other and both don't have money yet . Both working from high school you will have money .

Ya never know . A lot of poor people get sick of it then by life experiences turn it into gold . Aslo can crack and give up. Once you make it you have money every year. Poor to rich with a flick of the switch . He has land farm or house and is broke you save a lot of money there so you should make the money he can fix and run the homestead. Life is s gamble. The higher paying job should decide who works more. One person who works less has to run the household more or put more time into it forced into less income. But for the most share bills keep your own money. On vacation money bags should pick up the extra fees . The good paying job will allow for cushioned living and any future investments much faster . Why I like foreign women in social countries they share the wealth so there are no money classes just good hard working people . Super models are just normal down to earth people . Not how much money you make ;) .

I love to be a wealthy man and live in the beach. Hopefully my degree in computing will get me a good well paid senior job in 3 years

2 people like this

Nope. I have never even thought of money when it comes to dating because what attracts me to a guy is his ambition and diligence not much of what he earns. So long as he has a passion for his job and has goals of where he wants to be in life,I'm okay. I aspire to be independent anyway and hopefully have enough to afford my family a comfortable life.I have no desire for anything else. I actually wouldn't mind if my husband decided to be a house husband or have a part time job (I would actually love it!) but I know I'm in the minority when it comes to this aspect.

2 people like this

I aspire to be a wealthy woman. No, I will not allow a man to use me. But I want to be able to shower my man with affection and I want him to feel proud that his little wifey bought him a sports bike or monster truck. I dream about making that happen for the man I love.

2 people like this

Honestly, no. I mean, sure, it would be nice to not have to worry about money. However, I place a higher value on us each being happy with our paths. If he's happy, and happens to have a job where he makes a decent amount of money, that's great. However, more importantly, I want him to enjoy what he does (at least, over all... even doing something you love can have it's stresses). Ideally, sure, I'd like to be a house-wife, while trying to do something with my art, and take care of whatever form our family comes in, but I'll work if we need to make ends meet. I use to think I'd want to work, even when married, but having had the chance to not be stressed out all of the time worrying about not being able to make mistakes on orders... well, now I love helping care for my nephews and our home. I prefer it. I figure if we can be happy without a lot of money for extras (by which I mean cable, internet, gadgets... and, yes, I do love gadgets and the internet... and I already live without cable) then we can be happy with it. However, I'm not convinced the opposite would be true. My faith leads me to believe that happiness comes from within, and prayer.

This is just my view and, even though I'm getting older, I'm still learning new things about myself. So, who knows how I'll feel if I ever get a man who wants to propose. :) As I've said before, though, everyone has different views. We just have to learn to be true to ourselves.

2 people like this

I'm just aspiring to marry an awesome guy. He doesn't have to be wealthy, but what a nice little bonus if he was. :)

3 people like this

The OP hasn't been on here in nearly a year but, I will respond to what she wrote anyway.

I understand the desire to avoid poverty.  I know from experience that it is unpleasant.  I even get wanting to have nice things but, elevating all of that above true love -- replacing love with materialism -- leads to a hollow, empty end.  I've seen it too many times to believe otherwise.  I think it's entirely the wrong reason and mindset for marriage and it's not a path I would choose or recommend.  That being said, you want what you want and you are honest about it.  If you were honest with whomever you were in a relationship with, he was aware of what he was getting into and, he was fine with it, it's better than if you fooled the guy into believing you married him because you truly loved him.

This being the path you want to take in life, you had better be drop-dead gorgeous, because usually that's the only kind of woman who can get away with marrying for money.  That's pretty much the way materialism works.  To be blunt and, perhaps crude about it, if you want the dude to be well off, he's likely going to want you to look like a super model and be built like an adult film actress.  If you are going to want him for his money, and he is okay with that, he is most likely going to want you for your looks and your sexuality, and will expect you to be okay with that.

If you are prepared to leave him as soon as his money runs out then you should also be prepared for him to leave you the moment your looks begin to fade.  By the time your are 35-40 years old you better have found yourself a world class plastic surgeon or have convinced your husband to shred the prenuptual contract.  That's simply the way relationships founded in materialism work.  Something else to consider is that guys who do operate on the principles of materialism are most likely not going to put up with waiting until marriage to have sex.  Materialism is a methodology based in selfishness and that just isn't a trait that fosters celibacy of any kind.

A female marrying a guy because of how much money he has is the equivalent to a male marrying a woman for her looks, bust size, and how willing she is to "put out."  Just as most women take insult at a man who rates and views them this way, so do most men take insult with the money thing.

If your primary reason for marrying someone is anything other than because of who they are as a person then, you are asking for marital problems.

11 people like this

i do not need his money, i need more than his "wealth", i need his love. i am an independant working person i just want to be extreemely loved by my husband.

lol, why would i go to work when there is a rich man waiting to take care of me? 

i want to marry someone with ambition.

Money is important but it's not that important for me. I'm not going to marry a douche bag. I don't need a man to take care of me, and I like having my own money anyway. If I were to marry a wealthy guy you better I'm going to take advantage of it. I'm not sitting on my butt doing nothing. I'm going to start my own company, probably get more degrees, and continue to make my own money. I do require my future husband to have a college degree in a worthy field. He needs to have a career not a job.

1 person likes this

The OP hasn't been on here in nearly a year but, I will respond to what she wrote anyway.

I understand the desire to avoid poverty. I know from experience that it is unpleasant. I even get wanting to have nice things but, elevating all of that above true love -- replacing love with materialism -- leads to a hollow, empty end. I've seen it too many times to believe otherwise. I think it's entirely the wrong reason and mindset for marriage and it's not a path I would choose or recommend. That being said, you want what you want and you are honest about it. If you were honest with whomever you were in a relationship with, he was aware of what he was getting into and, he was fine with it, it's better than if you fooled the guy into believing you married him because you truly loved him.

This being the path you want to take in life, you had better be drop-dead gorgeous, because usually that's the only kind of woman who can get away with marrying for money. That's pretty much the way materialism works. To be blunt and, perhaps crude about it, if you want the dude to be well off, he's likely going to want you to look like a super model and be built like an adult film actress. If you are going to want him for his money, and he is okay with that, he is most likely going to want you for your looks and your sexuality, and will expect you to be okay with that.

If you are prepared to leave him as soon as his money runs out then you should also be prepared for him to leave you the moment your looks begin to fade. By the time your are 35-40 years old you better have found yourself a world class plastic surgeon or have convinced your husband to shred the prenuptual contract. That's simply the way relationships founded in materialism work. Something else to consider is that guys who do operate on the principles of materialism are most likely not going to put up with waiting until marriage to have sex. Materialism is a methodology based in selfishness and that just isn't a trait that fosters celibacy of any kind.

A female marrying a guy because of how much money he has is the equivalent to a male marrying a woman for her looks, bust size, and how willing she is to "put out." Just as most women take insult at a man who rates and views them this way, so do most men take insult with the money thing.

If your primary reason for marrying someone is anything other than because of who they are as a person then, you are asking for marital problems.

Sometimes that's not true. If a female marries for money the marriage could work. Just like if a male marries a women for her butt or bust size. There's nothing wrong with preferences. People get married for money and looks all the time. However these people don't think about the future. I myself use to consider if I should require a certain amount of income from a guy. There's nothing wrong with that. But I'm also smart enough to know that you need to have your own stuff.

1 person likes this

Sometimes that's not true. If a female marries for money the marriage could work. Just like if a male marries a women for her butt or bust size. There's nothing wrong with preferences. People get married for money and looks all the time. However these people don't think about the future. I myself use to consider if I should require a certain amount of income from a guy. There's nothing wrong with that. But I'm also smart enough to know that you need to have your own stuff.

What's not true?  I am uncertain as to what part of my post you disagree with.

I never indicated that a marriage based on materialistic desires couldn't survive.  Nor did I claim that it was wrong to have materialistic preferences.  I did point out many of the pitfalls, drawbacks, and consequences to the OP's extreme attitude and stance in this matter.

Perhaps I was unclear and didn't express my thoughts and opinions as well as I thought I did.  If that is the case, I apologize for any confusion my possible failure to communicate clearly might have caused.

i want a guy willing to work hard for his family, but that doesnt mean make money. Its hard to make good money these days, but as long as he is trying, thats good enough for me. Id rather have a guy who tries hard but is poor than a guy who is rich but wastes it and doesnt care. Money is something to be considered when it comes to raising a family, but there are ways to get around it.

7 people like this

i want a guy willing to work hard for his family, but that doesnt mean make money. Its hard to make good money these days, but as long as he is trying, thats good enough for me. Id rather have a guy who tries hard but is poor than a guy who is rich but wastes it and doesnt care. Money is something to be considered when it comes to raising a family, but there are ways to get around it.

That is really awesome. I really wish there were more girls who thought like you.

4 people like this

Was taking my time reading everyones point of view, was asking myself what if something goes wrong like the market goes down and that poor husband lose everything are you going to stay by his side as being wealthy was all whats keeping you togather ?? anyway being rich with your values can help more than money to have a happy stable life .

6 people like this

I don't. I'm not even close to wealthy myself. Tbh, I am kind of appalled at what a lot of women are attracted to these days. I understand wanting to have a financially stable life, and yes it would be lovely to be able to afford luxuries, but there is something creepy to me about just flat out wanting a rich guy. I have self pubbed a couple romance novels which did rather poorly, and when I look at what's outselling me, a lot of it is stuff like "Submitting to the Billionaire" which just makes me cringe. It's like the wealth alone says it all. What else is there?

I aspire to marry someone dear to me, who holds me dear, as well.

5 people like this

This topic hits so close to home, oh man. I know it's been forever since it was started and I loved reading all of the responses, and I feel so strongly that I thought I would answer as well. I think, in a dream world, there's a small part of every person, man and woman, who would love to be carried away and not have to worry about money or working at some job they hate just to provide enough to live on. Sometimes, it's exhausting to deal with the stress of financial burdens, and that means sometimes too, I dream about  being completely taken care of and given complete financial peace. That being said, what I want more than some dream world is a man who prays when he tucks his children into bed, who can make me laugh when everything is wrong, who makes me believe daily that the universe is a place of beauty. I've struggled financially for as long as I can remember, even growing up my family was homeless at one point due in part to fiscal irresponsibility. And as some have posted on here, people who have grown up with very little money can sometimes tend to desire the exact opposite in their lives. However, what it has taught me in my life is that we are incredible, resilient things made to overcome and not to fall. No matter how many days I might wish I would wake up and win the lottery and have the ability to be financially stable, to have the means to do so much good in this world, I would not trade the lessons nor the faith I gained through my struggles. I plan to follow my passions in life, to trust God for my financial security and to trust myself to be strong. I believe fully that you can travel the world with any amount of money and a little ingenuity, and that sometimes, being strong enough to find a way without the means feels better than being handed an easy way out. Practically, I don't want my children to suffer through hardship the way I did, even though I wouldn't change my own experiences. I never want them to worry about whether or not they'll have enough lunch money, or if the lights will be off when they get home because no one paid the electric bill. I will do everything in my own power to make sure that of all the burdens in this world are not theirs to bear. But even more so than that, I never want them to grow up in a world in which they were certain that the passions of their life, the love they have to receive and give, is worth less than the bottom dollar. So, long answer short, I would be happy to marry a man living off the street if he was the kind of person who aspired to make the world a better place, if he, in his entire being, meant to make love manifest, if he desired to provide everything he could for those he loved and if he was unselfish. There is so much more to life than finances and certainty-- things will never be certain no matter how much money is in your wallet. Easier, maybe, but still uncertain. So why lose out on something great just because you're trying to attain a certainty and security that is promised nowhere in this world, when love is the only real thing you can count on to make life worthwhile? I respect the choices and goals and dreams of others, completely, those are just my own hopes and thoughts.

11 people like this