Weapon X

What is the fastest you've driven?

38 posts in this topic

I don't drive. due to panicked attacks, however I've been in a Chevy Duramax with a governor that tops out at 113. And also a dodge pickup that we were racing, we hit 120 and he backed down, and let the other guy win. So 120 in a '97 Dodge sport!

I went 93 mph in a 30 mph zone with my Monte Carlo LS V6 1995. I drove it in a huge farm area near Jonesborough, TN. It was exciting moment but it went too fast and short. However, it would be ugly if I get hit a cow. :)

Again, I went 100 mph in a highway with my dad's old car (Toyota Camry 1998 with 350,000 miles on it) - I drove it on a hundred mph for like a few minutes. Man, when I went over 90s, this car had shaken a lot like sightly earthquake! It is quite weird and scary experience.

Hmmm. My Jaguar is restricted to 155 mph. So currently 155 mph on the German autobahns. However as I get older I get more irresponsible he he. So the restrictor may come off soon?.

What rattled me most is that the Germans were overtaking me in their 2l. Golf,s £100 to take off my Jaguars limiter seemed a small sum he he...... Col x

Oh so jealous!! I have always wanted to drive on The Autobahn!!!

For me it was @ 115-120 (in my 1999 Ford Contour, may she rest in peace) on I-95 in Georgia. In my defense I was just trying to keep up with traffic and not get run over...

that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

PS. Kuddos to all you Honda drivers! I work for Honda/Acura Dealership!

I haven't been driving on my own long, but a few weeks ago I got my '98 Integra up to about 95 mph. The modded exhaust and having the windows down made it really loud and I was kind of afraid to go faster. Not sure how much speed the thing has in it.

PS. Kuddos to all you Honda drivers! I work for Honda/Acura Dealership!

I love the acceleration and mobility of my Integra!

1 person likes this

Well I've had my license for a while now so I do a ton of 2 am driving, got my 1996 3000gt up to almost 140. Limiter is at 170 I think? Even though the speedo only says 160.

The quickest I passed another vehicle was when I took a Hyundai to it's top speed of 118. I passed a truck. I passed a cop a couple days ago going 60 in a 35 but I'm sure he was on a lunch break since he didn't move 1 inch.

This cop must have eaten a dozen of donuts. :)

He he how odd that last week the limiter came off. I will share the reason. High PSA reading so ooops is the Prostate playing up. So in the wait for my detailed results the limiter came off and I went to the MIRA circuit in Warwickshire England. I had her up to 177 mph as I saw the straight runnng out so I still dont know what she will do. But my nerve was close to saying nooooooooooo.

My car is a Jaguar XF 5.0 litre she is lovely as in the street she looks kinda normal but that grow is me chaps he he.

Friday hoorah.

Hopefully this isn't an admission of guilt, also as others have said above.

On a bike I've done north of 160mph, it was dark and quiet out here in the great Southwest.

The 15 freeway for those who wanna look it up, between SoCal and Nevada.

I just sorta wanted to see if Yamaha's claims were true about their "liter-bikes", to ensure I was getting my monies' worth.

In a car, I drive a two-seater currently, a 370Z. And I've gotten it up to 140-ish before the speed-limiter kicks in.

By the I'm a safe driver always, been driving for over a decade. No moving violations, major traffic tickets. I got one for driving without the license plate afixed to the vehicle recently. Just throwing that out there as the above statements may seem contrary.

The other day we were up at FL400 (40000 ft) and according to the airspeed indicator we were passed Mach 1. Of course we weren't, as the aircraft wouldn't take that, it was a faulty Mach Meter. Anyhow that cool.

Should've joined the AF for that kinda flying.

Edit: I don't wanna seem like I'm boasting, my car and bike are both used. I'm a regional flyboy, so no new toys. Just wanted to say that.

Isn't it dangerous to drive 160mph in the dark? You wouldn't see what's ahead.

Not necessarily, just things fly by much faster at that speed.

It's not something I do on a regular basis, in fact that one occasion was it really.

(Just barely touched it really before admittedly I hit the brakes)

Not necessarily, just things fly by much faster at that speed.

It's not something I do on a regular basis, in fact that one occasion was it really.

(Just barely touched it really before admittedly I hit the brakes)

What I meant was driving 160 at night means if a car came from a dark junction unexpectedly there is absolutely no chance of stopping, your life would be over in a second whereas in the day you'd probably see them and stand a better chance of avoiding a collision and killing yourself and/or them. Glad you were/are careful though!!

You'd be dead at that speed and would likely kill anyone in the impacted vehicle as well.

Kinetic energy is (1/2)*mv^2 so is crashing at 50 is your baseline then a crash at 100 would increase the KE by a factor of four (not double), 150mph would be a factor of 3^2 or 18 times more destructive then a 50mph impact.

I've never been faster than 5 mph under on public roads. My first vehicle was a Cobra with a supercharged v8 that dynos at around 450ish to the wheels so there isn't any point in trying to stretch its legs on the street. Nearly everyone I knew who drove like a nut in high school had "safe" economy hatchbacks, not the guys who had Corvette or Trans Ams. If my spouse wants children I'll buy them something obscenely powerful as that seems to be the only way to keep teenagers from driving like loons.

The fastest I've ever been on a closed course with proper safety equipment, helmet and suit, is ~110mph in the 1/4 mile and ~145mph in the 1/2 mile. I could have pulled sixth but, its less stress on the engine keeping it out of the second overdrive gear.

My current farm truck tops out at ~70mph so my 5 under rule works out great! I'm getting 20+mpg out of it too, not bad for a diesel 4x4.

ETA: Just for fun, using the published data for a 2014 Civic the KE @ 150mph (67 m/s) is 2855394 J. According to Wikipedia, a .50bmg has 17821 J at the muzzle. So, 160 times more powerful than being shot with a .50 cal at point blank.