Weapon X

What is the fastest you've driven?

38 posts in this topic

The fastest I've driven was 133 MPH in 2003 Honda Accord. How about you. What's the fastest you've driven and in what kind of car or motorcycle?

Fastest I've driven is 86 MPH but since I have a permit my dad always has to be in the car with me when I drive, so not very fast... Yet!!

Fastest my dad has driven is 186 MPH in an f1 car in racing school, he's also taken our 1968 Volvo 1800 up to about 120 MPH (it's top speed) and passed a police officer! But no chase was given. He's driven with me in it to about 100 MPH before and he's gone 106 MPH in our 1996 3000gt :DD

The fastest ....hope there aren't any cops in this group of ours since this is an admission of guilt ....LOL :P. I drove 110 mph (that is 177km for you people on the metric system) in a 1991 Honda Accord Model SE .....she has over 358 thousand miles on her and yet she still runs like a charm (gotta love Hondas). Love my classic, my baby, my first car.

My 2003 Accord is actually my first car. Got it about a week ago. It was 5 in the morning and I saw a clear dark road ahead of me. I couldn't resist. 90% of my driving is during the day so I rarely get a chance to drive fast. Hey it may be an admission of guilt but there's no evidence.

2 people like this

I went 95mph heading up I-81 from school in my old car, which was a 2002 Kia Spectra. That 4-cylinder engine was screaming! Not my finest life decision, but I'd be lying if I said if I didn't enjoy it...

Hopefully this isn't an admission of guilt, also as others have said above.

On a bike I've done north of 160mph, it was dark and quiet out here in the great Southwest.

The 15 freeway for those who wanna look it up, between SoCal and Nevada.

I just sorta wanted to see if Yamaha's claims were true about their "liter-bikes", to ensure I was getting my monies' worth.

In a car, I drive a two-seater currently, a 370Z. And I've gotten it up to 140-ish before the speed-limiter kicks in.

By the I'm a safe driver always, been driving for over a decade. No moving violations, major traffic tickets. I got one for driving without the license plate afixed to the vehicle recently. Just throwing that out there as the above statements may seem contrary.

The other day we were up at FL400 (40000 ft) and according to the airspeed indicator we were passed Mach 1. Of course we weren't, as the aircraft wouldn't take that, it was a faulty Mach Meter. Anyhow that cool.

Should've joined the AF for that kinda flying.

Edit: I don't wanna seem like I'm boasting, my car and bike are both used. I'm a regional flyboy, so no new toys. Just wanted to say that.

130 mph in my moms Chrysler 300C with the Hemi V8. I was on a back country road with my brother and a buddy. My brother wasn't even 16 yet but we let him drive it too haha. He got it up to 100 :D That car was so sweet...rode like a caddy but fast as all get out.

1 person likes this

My 2003 Accord is actually my first car. Got it about a week ago. It was 5 in the morning and I saw a clear dark road ahead of me. I couldn't resist. 90% of my driving is during the day so I rarely get a chance to drive fast. Hey it may be an admission of guilt but there's no evidence.

I figured you'd have a Beamer! ;)

1 person likes this

Only like 80 MPH, and that was on the highway. The cops in Scottsdale and Paradise Valley have nothing better to do than move around speed cameras and catch speeding drivers. 

Maybe in the 90's however that was stupid and I will never, ever do it again.

When you drive you have a responsibility for yourself and for others. You do something stupid and it can cost someone else their life. Anyone who has respect for their own life and the lives of others will do everything in their power to drive safely so that other people's lives are preserved.

Regarding motorcycles.... statistically they are incredibly dangerous. I can't fathom how anyone drives those because I feel the risk far outweighs the benefit. I have too much of a love affair for my limbs and life to get on a motorcycle. Also, if something happened to me on a motorcycle, I wouldn't want my loved ones to have to mourn for me because I was adamant about driving something so dangerous.

1 person likes this

Only in the mid-80s, and only for about 30 seconds, when I was trying to catch up with a friend I was supposed to be following, as I didn't know where I was going. I think we were in a 70 mph zone at the time, and most people were going at least 75 mph.

I don't even particularly enjoy going 70 mph, although there are plenty of stretches of 70 mph freeway around here that call for it. My car is on the older side, and it seems less stable when I go that fast; sometimes it gets shaky. So as a general rule, I prefer roads where I can stay closer to 60 mph.

I figured you'd have a Beamer! ;)

Why? I never said I owned one did I? Lol I wish I had one. My dream car is the BMW M5 E39. It was around $60,000 when it was new in 2003 but now they range between $15K-35K. However the maintenance costs are still beyond my range. The M5 has 390HP while my Accord has only 230HP and is limited to 133 while the M5 can reach 190 but I think it's limited to 155. 

Cuz of your profile pic, WeaponX. Is why he figured you would have a Beamer. :)

2 people like this

I've driven 180 km/h in a Toyota Auris and about the same in my Ford Fiesta. That's about 112 mph.

Hmmm. My Jaguar is restricted to 155 mph. So currently 155 mph on the German autobahns. However as I get older I get more irresponsible he he. So the restrictor may come off soon?.

What rattled me most is that the Germans were overtaking me in their 2l. Golf,s £100 to take off my Jaguars limiter seemed a small sum he he...... Col x

200 K/ph on a level, strait section of the Trans-Canada Highway. However, we had a VERY good Radar Detector. We were only doing that speed for 30 seconds.

Almost hit my 100 mark during a road trip but not yetâš  I think low 90s or high 80s for sure cause I was close enough to my 100th mark

I would say about 135 mph in a little Nissan Sentra when I was 15 and had my permit, but I consistently go into the 90's, sometime pushing 100 in my Jeep Commander. In my defense most of my driving is on an Interstate with a Speed Limit of 75, but most go about the same speed as I do. The 135 was because my stepdad decided it would be good for me to experience high speed on a nearly deserted highway under supervision. Given the chance probably would go at least that again, but then again I'm an adrenaline junkie. 

1 person likes this

New highscore for me, 95 in a 1996 Miata while passing someone :DD Im finding that highspeed doesn't excite me as much as pushing a car to its limits around a corner.

The quickest I passed another vehicle was when I took a Hyundai to it's top speed of 118. I passed a truck. I passed a cop a couple days ago going 60 in a 35 but I'm sure he was on a lunch break since he didn't move 1 inch.

I rode with a cop for 11 hours one day and he didn't even have a radar. He said they get additions to their vehicles based on experience level so if a cop doesn't give chase it might be because he only saw you go fast but can't prove it.

I set a new record this last week, actually; I went 85 mph in my '98 Honda Civic, trying to get from one job in Salina, to my other job in Longford (I was late, in case you didn't figure that out haha).  Normally I drive a few below the limit, though, which usually gets me made fun of at work.  Oh well. 

Hit my 100 mark last week btw :D scared though because of safety and cops but it was a road trip so not near lots cars at the time but FYI Im a safe driver but with so much empty road The pedal taunts you to push it harder and keep ya foot on it till you're over the speed limit... :mellow:

1 person likes this

Hmmm, I went about 95-100 a few years ago on a trip down to Florida. It was on the I95. It's hard to realize how fast you're going when 80 is the middle speed on your car (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

But the scariest by far was when I was taking that loop around Washington DC and there were huge trucks on either side of me (all going around 85) so I had to go 85. Terrifying, simply terrifying. :wacko:

The fastest I've gone is somewhere around 110 mph. The only times I went that fast was on a  weekly 200 mile drive from Cumming,GA to Plains,GA. If I remember right I would go that fast around Fort Benning, because that was around the time I would get bored with the drive, and there was also nobody else on the road with me. Never saw a cop :)