WaitingSW87

What Keeps You Going in Your Journey to WTM?

12 posts in this topic

Hi All, 

Tonight, I am feeling the struggle of what seems like the longest, most challenging wait of my life. Whenever I feel the impatience of making a difficult, but healthy choice like waiting seep into my day, I begin to think about all the reasons why I came to the conclusion to wait, to begin with. I obviously know that in the morning things will go back to normal, and I will feel steadfast in my continued decision. But tonight, I am leaning on my faith to remind me of this hidden, yet challenging blessing, and I must admit that it is difficult. My challenge is not that I crave physical intimacy, but rather, that the pressure from society and the stories of love all around me, as well as the urge to move forward with a partner in my life and the general feelings of temporary aloneness, definitely feel disparaging at this moment.

So, with that said, I'd love to know if you all have any stories, thoughts, or reminders/ideas to help with the continued strength to keep on, keeping on with the wait. I lean on my faith, listen to hymns, and pray. I also remember the last time I felt like total crap with a guy who I thought cared about me, and I instantly feel strong in the wait. But, what do you do when the waiting gets tough?

WTM can be a lonely choice, but not waiting brings only temporary connections.  Waiting for a waiter doesn't necessarily mean your future will be bright, it just means that it is more likely.  It's not virgin-pride that makes for a lasting, functional marriage, it is the values that do that.  Why else are the fruits of the spirit about one's character?  That's what counts.

What keeps me motivated to stay on my journey to WTM is the values it brings in my life and holds others close to me to that highest way of living as well.  I have seen the other side of life, a life that is not built on values and is built on "normalcy" and I simply don't want any part of it. WTM is a choice; one that does not waver for me.

I wish the fairy tales of love we hear actually led to happily ever after, but they don't, not without a solid foundation and values withstanding.  I want happily ever after or at least increase my chances at it.

4 people like this

My lack of being a social butterfly keeps me going :DD

And video games.

2 people like this

WTM.org! .... :P I know stating the obvious but yeah it really has helped me with the wait. (Love this site!) I mean getting a chance to socialize and interact with fellow waiters reasures me that I am not alone. I look at the statistics page and the number of members and know for sure that there are others and we all support each other. It gives me a lot of hope meeting so many girls on here .... I entertain the thought from time to time like others on here who have met their match on here; that I might find the one for me on here. But if not then at least I know I am not alone.

Hope that helps some not trying to be flippant but actually serious. I know it's hard and it's hard for all of us...just try to have faith that even though the present seems like your whole reality for the moment it can change in an instant and it will always be changing just as it has been doing. Good luck and God Bless.

Semper Fidelis

6 people like this

What keeps me going is knowing that I can feel totally at peace in my place of worship, and not feel like I'm hiding something from my parents. My family and my religion (Islam) are the most important things to me in my life.

Although sometimes, its super hard because you feel like you're totally alienated from society.. colleagues/friends etc, and you feel like your value as a potential girlfriend goes down to a date if you say you're WTM! =)

1 person likes this

I absolutely love the comments that this question has generated so far, and I very much appreciate all of the insight provided! I am starting to believe that this site can help in the support necessary to keep on keeping on, and it has certainly provided  multiple realities other than the one I have been living with. 

What struck me most so far, is the fact that our morals and values have changed as spiritual beings, as as a direct result of the choice to WTM. I think I will spend a lengthy part of my morning tomorrow jotting down the ways in which I have forever changed from this one important choice in my life. You see, I wasn't always guided by the purity stance, although it was suggested in my family, there were no strict rules about it and I had the liberty to make some pretty tough choices about sex and relationships when I was a teenager and college student. Although it would be nice to wipe the slate clean, I find it empowering to know that I have acquired this desire to wait until I find the right one in my twenties. I went through a complete shift in friends, family, and the tough conversations that ensued as a direct result of my growing faith. My whole world completely changed, and so did my career, as well as my outlook on life. 

When I think about it now, my entire being changed by the catalyst choice to WTM, but also because of my discovery in the love of Jesus Christ. I feel protected, safe, and secure by the choice to WTM, and I am so grateful for the reminder that seeking temporary satisfaction has never really been my calling in the end:)

2 people like this

The realization that

The desperate hope that God is pleased by my decision to honor Him, and my future wife is honored by (and will reciprocate) my decision to wait.

1 person likes this

My faith certainly helps. Knowing that I'm doing what God wants definitely makes it easier. So far, waiting has been pretty easy since I've never had a boyfriend or had an "offer" or anything, so I've never actually had to exercise my decision, other than just telling people and whatnot. But whenever I'm worried and think "I won't be able to do this," or "It's too difficult" or whatever, it helps to think about my future husband, and how I'm doing this for him.

xxx

5 people like this

Its actually pretty easy for me and my boyfriend.  We just focus on other aspects of love and expressing our love. After all, sex is only the tip of the iceberg. Usually our favorite way is giving each other gifts and drawing pictures of each other and talking about the stuff we like. Its really nice that we share a lot of hobbies together. Then there is of course my Catholic faith.