Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Mike is the new Flint

4 posts in this topic

For those of you curious as to why all occurrences of the name "Flint" have now been replaced with "Mike", that was my doing. Sorry for and confusion.

Mike is my real first name. I was originally going to use "Flint" as a pen name of sorts for this website (because I prefer to remain anonymous, given some of the topics I'm going to end up writing about in the yet-to-be-created Taboo section), but I just couldn't get used to the whole pen name thing so I've decided to ditch it and just go by my real name. I have updated all of my previous comments and forum posts under the name Flint to reflect this, just to keep things from getting confusing for new visitors (Who's Flint? Did this Mike character murder him and steal his website?). Now everything says "Mike", past and future.

this is why we need a submit comments and post anomalously button. just a good idea! think about it!! because some (like me) dont feel comfortable saying stuff the feel like WOULD be helpful to others "WTM" users because everyone would which user said it

--and flits a cool pen name by the way!- i used my real nickname short for Andrea

Hi Andi!

Funny you should mention that! We actually talked about adding a "Rants" section during last Sunday's chat session.

I'm still trying to figure out how to work it. As of right now, you can comment on articles using whatever name you wish (or anonymously). For a Rants page it could basically be like an open comment forums. Say anything under any name you want, all in one big thread. The only downside would be that it would be difficult to organize back-and-forth discussion. It would be more like a soapbox.

If we wanted more of a dicussion-style I could figure out how to let members post here on the forums anonymously...so it would work like normal forum posts, just without your name on it.

What are your thoughts? Dedicated "Rants" page, or Anonymous posting on the forums? Or both?

If we wanted more of a discussion-style I could figure out how to let members post here on the forums anonymously...so it would work like normal forum posts, just without your name on it.

i think that would be best if you could do that. :D ......... but the other one would work too, i guess. :unsure: or like both would be cool. but defiantly do the "members post here on the forums anonymously" thing. :D

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0