Mstr Josh

If you could freeze one moment in time...

22 posts in this topic

If you could freeze one moment in time and live in it forever, what would that moment be? And why?

My wedding night. I don't think that needs any explanation. ;)

1 person likes this

No moment, being frozen is no fun. And could be awkward. lol

3 people like this

No moment, being frozen is no fun. And could be awkward. lol

Not being actually frozen, more of a figurative meaning. More like just live in that moment.

Haha. I'm just giving you a hard time. I don't know, honestly. I don't think this is something I would want to do. If there was a moment that I could relive a moment at anytime, I may consider it. The moment that I would choose, I am not sure. It would be one of those few times in my life when I was perfectly 100% happy. :)

1 person likes this

Grade 9-11 at my first highschool before I switched to another one (big mistake!). Sure there was alot of drama (the school had under 400 students so news traveled really fasts), but at the end of the day most of us were there for each other like a big family and it just brings back so many good memories! :)

2 people like this

If I could go back to a time before my ex broke my heart, back to those times we would stand there, holding each other, innocent of heartache, I would live there. Those were some of the few truly perfect moments I have experienced in my life so far.

That being said, you cannot go back. And those memories are always tinged now with the pain of his betrayal. So I look forward to new perfect moments, hopefully with someone who will never leave.

Right now the only moments I would want to relive is the time from when I earned the title to our vacation after graduation. When I earned the title Marine and was given my eagle, globe, and anchor is still one of the proudest moments in my life. Naturally some of the happiest memories for me come from our family vacation following boot camp graduation to Disneyland. I can think of others but they are more private.....looking forward I can imagine moments to freeze such as my college graduation....replaced by my wedding night....shared later by holding my child for the first time.

2 people like this

Obviously my future wedding night. My college graduation sticks out and I'll probably want to freeze my grad school graduation in a little over a week, too!! Education has always been important to my parents since they didn't have the opportunity to go to college. I also have many fond memories of holidays with all my aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins that I cherish. There are so many moments with family and friends it's hard to pick one! I've always been a very sentimental person.

1 person likes this

Hm....that's a hard one. I don't feel like I have any memories where I was so completely happy. I mean, I was bullied in pre-school, so it's not like my early childhood was any better than my teen years. Maybe I'd freeze myself in New Zealand at age 4 or 5 (I don't remember.) I had a really good friend there and I don't think I was a victim of bullying in the pre-school there, I think that was in Australia. So yeah, maybe New Zealand. But I really don't have any "I wish it could be like this forever" moments. If not New Zealand, then my school trip to Manhattan or the Bahamas cruise with my mom. 

Hmmmmmm, Saturday was good, was at Keukenhof in Holland surrounded by beautiful tulips and flowers. Looked and smelt fab x

If you really think about it.......all those special moments (and not so good ones) have already been "frozen".....in a little place called our minds....we can relive them ANY time we chose & relish them, savour them, learn from them & even build on them.....If we could literaly "freeze" time....in that particular moment would mean, we would not be able to move forward from that place in time! And in turn would not be able to exprience all of the other important milestones in our lives.....So, in saying that I wouldn't want to "freeze" any moment in my life....just exprience it when it happens, with all that comes in that moment. Then once it has passed....it will be already "stored" in my own little freezer....my mind.....So then, I can live & make more of those GLORIOUS moments!!!!!

4 people like this

The moment I would relive over and over again would be just sitting on the couch and watching movies with my cousin Vianney. Or maybe going to the aquarium with her and her family. Just little moments in life that I miss doing with the people who are no longer around. 

If you really think about it.......all those special moments (and not so good ones) have already been "frozen".....in a little place called our minds....we can relive them ANY time we chose & relish them, savour them, learn from them & even build on them.....If we could literaly "freeze" time....in that particular moment would mean, we would not be able to move forward from that place in time! And in turn would not be able to exprience all of the other important milestones in our lives.....So, in saying that I wouldn't want to "freeze" any moment in my life....just exprience it when it happens, with all that comes in that moment. Then once it has passed....it will be already "stored" in my own little freezer....my mind.....So then, I can live & make more of those GLORIOUS moments!!!!!

Good point Gloria. It's not good to live in the past forever. Having those moments as a part of you is already special, and will forever exist in that point of time no matter what happens in the present and future. And that is something everyone should appreciate.

For me not that I'd really wanna freeze any moment(s).

As I'm an optimist always believing that truly the best is yet to come and it is.

But a moment so far would've been, well a tie here.

(1) the first about 9 months the very first and really only girl friend I've dated seriously. You see that was before all the "sex" stuff got in the way.

(2) The four months I lived in SE Florida going to school time-building. It was like living, breathing, and just enjoying flying 24/7.

As I'm an optimist always believing that truly the best is yet to come and it is.

This, pretty much. I've always felt like the best is ahead of me, though I'm prone to nostalgia as well.

The moment I hit Arizona. This was the moment, I think, it dawned on me that I had actually changed my life in a momentous way. Whether it turned out good, or bad, I had finally done something new and exciting. Life would never be the same.

One moment I would freeze in time? 

Seeing my parents for the last time because once they're gone, they're gone forever. I've learned a lot of good and bad from them, but through all of that they have been the only people in my life who have loved me unconditionally. I think their love is what I will miss most. :(