Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EllieBelly

Hello from a waiter in AZ!

16 posts in this topic

Hello! My name is Kristin and I'm a waiter from Arizona! I'm 22 years old and I've been lurking on this forum for a bit now and I decided it was about time to register so I can talk to all of you cool people! 

A little about myself:

I'm an undergraduate student studying bio-medical engineering at Arizona State University. I was born and raised Anglican but stepped away from the church for a few years in high school and college. Now I'm back and I believe stronger than ever. My goal is to get into veterinary school and live in a small town where I can own a practice. I have one dog and two cats who I care dearly for.

A big personal development for me in the last year is that I've stopped tying so hard to meet guys and make things work. I've really dialed back and focused on improving everything about myself and truly loving God and myself (always a work in progress ;)). This has given way to some WONDERFUL changes. I went on my first date last summer, just getting more comfortable outside my bubble. I also got into a relationship in the end of the summer as well and that was a good bit of fun. It didn't work out because our core morals and issues were significantly different. But a good experience non the less. And finally, an acquaintance friend who I had met a year prior came out of the woodwork and we have been in a relationship for just about 2 months now. While this seems like a short time, I know that the two of us are extremely well matched and I see a bright future ahead of us with good things to come.

Anyways, sorry for the long and rambling post, but I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself!

Here's a picture of Evan and I while backpacking and one of my cute pooch Ellie:

post-6666-0-66165700-1367861844_thumb.jppost-6666-0-38347700-1367862050_thumb.jp

3 people like this

Welcome Ellie, glad you're here!

And hope you find that you're a "cool" person also!

Welcome Kristen! We are happy you decided to join us! You and Evan are a good looking couple and you have such an adorable dog. :)

Welcome to the forum! Always glad to see another member here.

I am also a hiking fan and an animal lover (your dog is beautiful!!). I am looking at majoring in bioethics in college and my distant plans include being a doctor in a small town. It's neat that we have similar interests!

I have a standard poodle, Louie, who's a bit over 2 years old now. Him on a hiking trip to Colorado last fall: 

8106946208_139fff6b9b.jpg

I actually went to look at backpacking boots today and tried the blue version of that pack on him. Maybe I'll make him do his work next time! 

Hi! Welcome to the community! You seem quite awesome, and I'm happy that you are here! :D

Thanks for the welcome guys- great community! Ruby, what a gorgeous standard in a beautiful setting. I will be visiting Colorado for a week this summer for a bone marrow donation so I'm really hoping I can hike a bit while I'm there!

I loved hiking there so much. I'm in the midwest, so there are no mountains around here! I really want to go there again when the wildflowers are blooming-I love macro photography. But the fall was nice too, there weren't many people around and though it was chilly, the deserted trails were fun. In three days of hiking, we met two people total. 

That's great that you are donating bone marrow! 

A Waiter who goes to ASU? I thought I was the only one…Welcome!

Hello and welcome from a fellow dog lover! That's awesome you're donating bone marrow and good luck! The picture of you and your boyfriend is really cute and you dog is so adorable. Looking forward to seeing you around :)

Haha, and I thought I was the only one! I literally know no one else in person who is waiting. Especially at ASU, given it's reputation. But thank you for all of the nice comments! 

Welcome! I'm always impressed by people who have both dogs and cats. Best of luck on all of your endeavors and hope to see you around the forums!

p.s. I agree with previous posters, you and your boyfriend are adorable.