Guest markb4

Have you ever met a celebrity?

31 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Just wondering have any of you ever met a celebrity? If so, who was it and how did you meet him/her/them?

And part 2:

Which celebrity would you like to meet? And why?

Well I met Marianas Trench before their concert. It's a Canadian band. I've also met Fefe Dobson after her concert. Another Canadian singer. Never met anyone super cool though :P

Not sure who I would like to meet, I don't really admire any celebrities. I wouldn't mind meeting just about anyone to be honest.

Part 1: When I was 10 years old I was visiting the JImmy Carter presidential library with my mother. There was a new art exhibit on display: a local artist had painted portraits of all the presidents, Washington to present.

So I'm walking down a big hallway with my mom, wondering whether Jimmy Carter ever visits his own library, and guess who shows up? Jimmy Carter and his 20-person entourage of secret service agents, personal assistants, and doting journalists...all herding down the hallway towards where I am standing, wide-eyed. There's nobody else in the hallway except me, my mom, and Jimmy Carter's posse.

President Carter sees me, smiles, and shifts his attention to me. The entourage follows. Now I've got 20 people and flashing cameras all surrounding me and the former President of the United States. He shakes my hand, asks my name, and asks me if I saw the new art exhibit (the presidential portraits). "Yeah it was neat." I say.

So then...and here's the crucial moment...he asks me "So which one was your favorite?" I think for half a second and blurt out "I like the military medals on Eisenhower!" He pauses, kind of smiles and chuckles. I realize my gaffe but it's too late. Still, I try to follow-up with a meek "Er...I liked yours too." The entire entourage starts laughing, and he's laughing, and I'm mortified.

So somewhere in the Lexis Nexus database there's probably a photo of me at age 10 shaking hands and talking with Jimmy Carter in the middle of a crowd of reporters....and accidentally insulting him.

I went through a phase in my late teens and early 20s when I was rabidly conservative, and conservatives HATE Jimmy Carter, but even when I was proclaiming every other liberal to be the devil, it was very hard for me to think one bad thought about Jimmy Carter, because he was so nice to me when I was 10.

And that's my celebrity story. I also asked Jenny McCarthy to marry me when I was 15, saw George Lucas at a bar, and met Aerosmith backstage.

Part 2: Actually, I don't think there are any BIG celebrities that I'd like to meet. My heroes are mostly smaller scale. This may sound silly, but I would kill to have a cup of coffee or something with Daniel Kern of Acne.org. And hopefully one day I'll get to interview Barlow Girl for this site!

1 person likes this

#1:

Yes I've met a celebrity before. I've met Ty Pennington from Extreme Home-makeover and all three Barlowgirl's in person and interviewed one.

#2:

I would love to meet soo many I can't decide actually!! but Beyonce Knowles is at the top of the list for sure!

and all three Barlowgirl's in person and interviewed one.

:o What?!! Seriously? You've been holding out on me, OHG! What were they like? What questions did you ask? What did you interview them for? How did you get permission to do it?

lol yes Mike seriously! lol I see someone may have an innocent crush ;) lol

Well the interview was last year and (sorry to burst your bubble) but it was only a phone interview, however their manager and I still keep in touch which is pretty cool. The interview was recorded and we were only able to do a phone interview because they were going to be coming down from touring the area and our area happened to be one of the ones they were having a concert at and so they were gonna be there just in time to prepare for a concert for our campus. I attend a small private Christian Univ. and my advisor gave me permission to interview them and recorded it. I don't remember what I asked them paticulary, sorry. It was just too long ago. However, as I recall it was with Becca Barlow and Alyssa Barlow and they were soooo sweet and cool to talk to!!!! Later on though, I got to take a picture with them and they are some beautiful waiter girls! They sparkled and in concert they were soooo amazing like they were so proud to be waiters it was so inspirational to watch them. Towards, the end of the concert Laura Barlow was jamming out and reaching out to the audience and said "We are 30 and have never had boyfriends!" It was awesome to hear them stand up for purity and talk about how they wanted their first kisses to be pure and only with their husbands. They were beautiful. They looked so polished and classy♥

lol yes Mike seriously! lol I see someone may have an innocent crush

lol. What waiter guy DOESN'T have a crush on BarlowGirl?

That's so cool you got to meet them. I really want to interview them for the site at some point. It's nice to know that it's possible!

lol. What waiter guy DOESN'T have a crush on BarlowGirl?

That's so cool you got to meet them. I really want to interview them for the site at some point. It's nice to know that it's possible!

well if you ever need to contact them Mike I can hook you up with their agent, I used to have her number but I've had too many different phones since then. She's the one you have to go through to get to them. She is on one of my old fbs so I'll have to remember some my old passwords since they are no longer active accounts ;)

I met Shia Labeouf right before he started filming the first transformers movie.

He told me to follow my dreams.

He didn't even try to eat me!

2 people like this

I was politely brushed aside by former Dallas Cowboy Emmitt Smith once. In a geek store, of all places. He was looking to buy a crystal chess set. Of course, I had no idea who he was at the time.

I met Carrot Top 10 years ago. I was working at a fair ground helping out setting up his stage and equipment. We were all done setting up and were throwing a nerf football around behind the stage and this van pulls up. Then this really buff curly redhead dude comes out of the van and says "hey is this a nerf football? I used to have one of these back home". He started playing catch with us a few hours before his stand up show. He was a really nice guy.

The celebrites I've met are a little bit minor... Michael Ball (outside Shaftsberry Theatre in London) Richard Fleeshman twice! (I was an extra in a program he was in called All The Small Things and a few years later I met him outside Picadilly Theatre in London). Errrm I've met YouTube musician Alex Day at a HMV signing in Manchester... I've met footballers Joe Hart and Shaun Wright-Phillips... and I've met quite a few folk musicians at various gigs.I think that's all of em!

I'd love to meet Idina Menzel and Taylor Swift!

I "met" this woman...(hope the video works)

Our choir was performing for the Queen. We were at this hotel where all the acts were getting changed, and she came into our room and said, "Can I use your bathroom?", we were all like, "Fine, yeah..." She was at the mirror sorting her make-up out, while we were all getting changed. Someone was actually in her bra putting her deodorant on, and it was only after she left, she asked, "Oh, who was that?" We were like, "Em, Gamu, you know, the girl off the X Factor..." "Oh my God...That's my claim to fame now, isn't it? Gamu Nhengu from the X Factor saw me in my bra..."

xxx

I have not met one but I sure have seen a lot of them in person. 

Teen Choice Awards 2009.

I have met loads through my previous job. The best ones for me were Michael Jackson, Sir Christopher Lee and The Queen!

I've seen celebrities but I've never met them. I saw Raven Symone when I was younger (I loved That's So Raven lol) and Jim Carrey was in the same book store as me a couple of weeks ago but I was with my younger sister so I had to keep my cool lol.

1 person likes this

No, but if I were to meet Brian Dawkins and Taylor Swift I would be totally satisfied and wouldn't care to meet any other celebs.

I haven't met any celebs, but my sister did meet Raven Symone when she had a concert at the Cypress Gardens park in our town.