Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Forget_me_not

Hi everyone!

17 posts in this topic

Hi all!  My name is Layne, and I obviously just joined this site.  While I'm not a virgin I can say I'm WTM, but that's because I did.  I'm 29 and have been happily married to the love of my life since December 18, 2011.  Yeah, we're still newly weds, but are going to keep our love strong for one another for many years to come.  We're also proof that you can find "the one" using online dating sites.  Just here to support all you folks that are committed to waiting too, and to show that it works!  Also, if anyone has questions about just almost anything, feel free to ask me.

4 people like this

Welcome!! Great to see more successful waiters on this site, I'm not sure how many there are now, maybe 3...

Thank you Mstr Josh!  That would be an interesting question to ask, I do wonder how many successful are on this site right now.  During my skimming so far I've only come across Ian and Aussiestig (sp?).  Wonder if that's all or if there are more of us successful waiters lurking around here.

Congratulations on successfully waiting until marriage! That is awesome! And welcome to the community. :D

Thank you, WanderingWashingtonian!  Just like any other journey, the journey of WTM is half the fun!  At least that's what I believe.

Welcome to the site. I'm so glad you joined. The more successful waiters we have on here then the more incentive we have to keep waiting.

What website did you and your Wife meet on?

Welcome! I believe Jennifer is another successful waiter on the site, though Idk if she's been around recently.

1 person likes this

Weapon X, you just made me chuckle a bit.  I'm the wife, my love is the husband.  My dad just wasn't very good at picking names for his kids.  As far a your question, we met on OkCupid.com.  And I'm so happy to be there for all my fellow Waiters!

Matthew, I haven't come across her name yet, but congratulations to her as well is she completed this amazing journey!

1 person likes this

Also, Matthew, your signature gif kills me every time I see it.  I can't stop watching the adorable kitty!

1 person likes this

Just checked out OkCupid.com. I'm very hesitant to join a dating site. How long were you on the site before you met your Husband?

I'm on OK Cupid myself -- I've been on there awhile.   I'm glad to know that you were able to find someone there.  What did you do on the site to make it work?   What features did you use on the site, etc.

Anyway, welcome to the site.  I'm a new member here myself.  It's good to know that there are plenty of successful waiters :)

Welcome as many have already replied, congrats upon successfully waiting!

As WeaponX had already stated, and we can all agree, it gives us incentive and shows that there is success in this journey.

Glad you're here, and hope you will continue to give us incentive to continue waiting.

I really like what you said, and it warmed my heart, awww!

"I'm 29 and have been happily married to the love of my life since December 18, 2011. Yeah, we're still newly weds, but are going to keep our love strong for one another for many years to come."

I liked what you mentioned about still being newly-weds, after 16 1/2 months. I can only hope, aspire that my wife of someday would speak of our marriage in that way!

@Weapon X, I had been on that site for a few years.  I really joined it just to make new friends and broaden my social network.  Finding my husband was just fate kind of landing him right in front of me.

@Arwen, I didn't really utilize anything extra.  Just left my search horizons open to whatever distance, and made sure to answer the questions truthfully.  It gives you a chance to make some things "mandatory" for your potential partner to agree with, and that really narrows down who it will give you a high percentage with.  Just be honest in answering the questions, and make sure to make important things (like WTM) mandatory.

@NicoleNova, thank you!  This site looks like a pleasant change from all the normal sites out there encouraging things like pre-marital sex.

@Rookiepilot1, it still feels like we're newlyweds.  Everyday it makes me smile when I can look at my husband snoring away in bed, and I hope that feeling remains for many years to come.  When you love someone it's amazing how even the simplest and most trivial things become something just as endearing as a kiss from them. 

Welcome to the site! It's great to have another successful waiter as others have said!

Thanks Markb4 and Allison!  This is such a great site, I just wish more people would discover it.