Arwen4CJ

Special section for Singles over 25

34 posts in this topic

I was wondering if another section for the forum could be created for singles who are 25 and older.   It would be good to have a place where we could encourage one another, as some of our struggles are slightly different from those who are younger.  Sometimes we feel like we are running out of time to find someone, and most of our family and friends are already married and have children.  

Does anyone else think this would be a good idea?

3 people like this

Good idea. We have a teens-only section; makes sense that we would have a 25+ only section too.

This idea rings a bell for some reason....

1 person likes this

This idea rings a bell for some reason....

I think someone else talked about a teens only section before too, like a few months ago.

We have a teens only section?! I feel caught in between. :/ lol

1 person likes this

@NicoleNova - Haha yeah poor you, being stuck in the prime of your life haha. Seriously though, would you like a 20-24 forum? Then we'd have Teens Only, 20-24, and 25+. I'll create it if there's a need for it. 

1 person likes this

Only for 7 more months... :P No, I was kidding. I don't personally need another section. If it really bugs me I can wait the 7 months anyway. lol

1 person likes this

I think someone else talked about a teens only section before too, like a few months ago.

We have that!

And I meant an idea for an Adults Only section was made a few months back...

Only for 7 more months... :P No, I was kidding. I don't personally need another section. If it really bugs me I can wait the 7 months anyway. lol

8 more months then I'll be in between for 5 years :o !!!!! Oh no!!

We have that!And I meant an idea for an Adults Only section was made a few months back...

We have a teens section? Where O:

For two more months, I shall have to suffer extreme curiosity about what is being discussed in there. And then I'll turn 25, look around, and be like, "Seriously? Is this it?" :D

I personally have no need of an in-between section for people between the two ages, but it does seem like it would make sense to have one, as we now have the others. If you are getting kicked out of Teens Only because you are too old, it might be nice to have a place to land since you are not yet old enough for 25+

Your call, Mike!

2 people like this

@NicoleNova - Haha yeah poor you, being stuck in the prime of your life haha. Seriously though, would you like a 20-24 forum? Then we'd have Teens Only, 20-24, and 25+. I'll create it if there's a need for it. 

I suppose I could see the benefit of an in-between thread. @Mike want me to make a thread asking peeps about it?

1 person likes this

I say yes to the in between thread.

1 person likes this

@Matt - I guess the key question is: Are there really special issues that 20-24-year-olds face when it comes to waiting that wouldn't fit in the general forums? Teens have more peer pressure, high school hormones, uncertainty, etc. Ages 25+ have a diminished dating pool, friends getting married, increased doubt, harder time finding dates, etc. What kind of topics would 20-24 year-olds talk about?

2 people like this

@Mike, yeah that's what I was thinking. I'm not sure there are enough topics to warrant a whole forum, but maybe others could think of them.

@Matt - I guess the key question is: Are there really special issues that 20-24-year-olds face when it comes to waiting that wouldn't fit in the general forums? Teens have more peer pressure, high school hormones, uncertainty, etc. Ages 25+ have a diminished dating pool, friends getting married, increased doubt, harder time finding dates, etc. What kind of topics would 20-24 year-olds talk about?

Well, in my experience, college, job-hunting, work, friends getting married (yep, at this age too) or everyone being in relationships already, our own love lives, uncertainty, moving out vs. moving home, and plenty of doubts of our own. :D

3 people like this

Thats a great idea. :) People 25+ and WTM are a small elite :) Maybe we should get trophies too! ;)

2 people like this

Yes yes! That would be awesome :)

(haha yes I'm 25+...though I don't always act it)

1 person likes this

I'm going to disagree that 20-24 is the prime of life. Honestly, I'm tempted to say it differs from person to person, though. To me, the prime of life is when you're finanically established, have a career, are married, and are still physically attractive. Some people may never get to experience a prime, no matter what age they are. Honestly, assuming I have good health and take care of my body, I kind of expect my prime to be when I'm in my 40s. I'm totally derailing this thread, though, so sorry about that.

2 people like this

@wny - Haha it's OK. I was just poking fun at NN. I agree with you to a certain extent, of course. Most older people I talk to say that their 30s were their favorite years, usually because there's a convergence of youth, freedom, money, and meaningful relationships (starting a family, etc.).

I suspect that your prime is whenever you have the highest sum of health, love, and novelty in your life.

1 person likes this

@wny - Haha it's OK. I was just poking fun at NN. I agree with you to a certain extent, of course. Most older people I talk to say that their 30s were their favorite years, usually because there's a convergence of youth, freedom, money, and meaningful relationships (starting a family, etc.).

I suspect that your prime is whenever you have the highest sum of health, love, and novelty in your life.

It's fine. I'm fun to poke fun at. lol I was going to say, I hope this isn't my prime. That would be sad for the rest of my life. :P jk (sort of)

2 people like this

For my 100th post, and a reasonably good one.

I second the motion for trophies for us in the 25+ crowd!

How about tattoos?

/Back to my "adult beverage", sports programm, and filling of

Jeppesen plates/

2 people like this