Invincible

Ladies, when you're walking down the aisle....

29 posts in this topic

I had little emotional investment in my ceremony, so I subscribed to a "if it makes people happy and it's no skin off our wallet, why not" belief.

My dad said (when I was single) that he wanted to officiate my wedding. That changed because he decided that wanted to give me away at the aisle after all.

Me and my husband joked that he could officiate and give me away if we played it cool and he puts on a fake mustache as he moved behind the pulpit.

2 people like this

This is something I think about a Lot I like the tradition but have had a rocky relationship with my dad and not feeling loved wishing I didn't love him wanting to murder him lol its better between us generally nowadays but I don't know if I'd want him to give me away I have a much stronger relationship with my mother.

I have an older brother too but again I don't feel as close to him my best male relation is probably my first younger brother mom always said we were like twins tho there is just over a year between us. I think I'd like it if he gave me away but then I feel the gesture might push the other 2 aforementioned males further

I don't have a close relationship with my family. And I really don't want a wedding but if I do decide to plan a wedding it's either I'm walking myself down the aisle or my husband and I can walk down the aisle together

1 person likes this