Sunny

Shaving Off Hair

19 posts in this topic

On a scale from 1 to 10 how mad/disappointed would you be if you came home to your wife (or girlfriend for those who have one), and all of her long luxurious hair was all gone down to like a Natalie Portman buzz cut? Be honest! lol

nportman.jpg

1 person likes this

I would be shocked, horribly shocked. Some women can pull the buzz cut off and some cannot, I prefer long hair and might be a bit disappointed if she shaved her head!

1 person likes this

I would be shocked, horribly shocked. Some women can pull the buzz cut off and some cannot, I prefer long hair and might be a bit disappointed if she shaved her head!

^This, that buzz cut reminds me of a person in prison, I like girls who have long hair. Girls will buzz cuts are VERY weird to me because when I see a feminine face I expect it to be framed with long hair. The very short, buzz cut look adds some weird guy dimensions to a girl's face and its really off-putting to me. 

1 person likes this

I love long hair, but some girls I like with short hair. The shaved look is a little harder to pull off I think, but if she can, then I wouldn't be upset or anything. It'll grow back anyway, and I'm fine with her trying new things if she wants. I'd like a little warning though  :lol:

3 people like this

Great post! My first response was I'd love her regardless. I love her and if she cuts her hair then she's still beautiful. Then my second response was well I prefer long hair. Hair is one of the most beautiful parts of a Woman's physical appearance. I don't know if I could handle being with a short haired Woman.

I should really pray about this. It's not good that I'd be overly upset by it. I should love her regardless.

3 people like this

I'd say about 5, 'cause I've dated some "zany" girls.

Emo-type, need I say more.

However I wouldn't be angered/upset, I'd try as best I know to comfort her.

First, I hug her in my arms, tell her she's gorgeous and that how her face its more than pretty enough to "pull off" the bohemian look. She'd smile, we'd laugh a bit.

Secondly, I'd ask her how she's doing, and we'd talk for a bit. Try to understand why she'd take a drastic action like that.

Finally, I'd sit with my guitar, light a couple candles and play her a song, something sweet like Wedding dress by Ben Rector, we'd dance around the living room and enjoy the moment!

Isn't love great?

4 people like this

Assuming it's not related to chemotherapy, I view women with super short hair the same way I view guys wearing skinny jeans. It just doesn't work :D

2 people like this

I'd probably start by saying "I think we should see other people" ...LOL. Just kidding, I think haha but in all seriousness I don't see many instances where I would be a fan. Now chemo or something is obv a different story but just as a "new do"? ehhh I don't think so

2 people like this

Look I'm in the same boat with Matthew, Weapon X and rookiepilot11 to me it really wouldn't matter. Naturally I would be slightly shocked if she didn't give me a heads up but seeing as she is my girl and I know her I am sure she probably would have at least talked with me about it first. I like girls with long hair but I have always been fond of girls with short hair and if a girl can pull off the 'boot buzz' then more power too her (i.e. Waitingforyou<3). But while I say this, it makes it sound as if I would only support her if she looked good but that is not the case; I still would support her either way same as Weapon X and rookiepilot11.

Hey it would definitely be different so we both could laugh about it..."Like honey I know you support me but this is a bit much" or "So does this mean I will have to grow my hair out?"..."Is it opposite month cause not sure I want to wear a dress since I'm not Scottish." It would be fun to go get pictures taken with us both having 'military regulation haircuts...lol. I would try and support her cause I am sure I will do some 'crazy' things in the course of our relationship too and I would hope she would support me.

3 people like this

I should probably add.. my two times, i had beautiful long hair.. and my brother was getting his hair buzzed in the kitchen and they thought it would be sooo hilarious to clip a massive chunk of my hair off as i walked past.. (think huge bald spot..) i looked ridiculous and there was not way i could hide it.. so i just sucked it up and went all short.. and then i realized i suited it.. but i still grew my hair back straight away.. :)

1 person likes this

I'd be really annoyed.

I'm willing to maintain my grooming and appearance to make myself presentable to my partner. I would expect her to do the same. And yes, short hair is unattractive, and a bald head very much so.

I love shorter hair (just enough to grab onto) but a buzz cut is a bit to much for me.

I can't say I'm a big fan of women with shorter hair. I'm not syaing I haven't been attracted to women with shorter hair. I just think longer hair looks more attractive. Who knows, though, maybe some women do look better with shorter hair. I probably definitely would not be a fan of a buzz cut. I think I could still find a way to be attracted to my wife if she had cancer and her hair fell out, though.

1 person likes this

Natalie Portman is one of the few women who can pull off that look!

I'd be horrified. I've said it elsewhere--I like long, straight hair. For a woman to cut her her that short (especially if she had good, long hair before that) would be upsetting.

1 person likes this

I adore long hair. Were she to cut it without reason, and without asking me, I would feel disrespected, unconsidered, and I would be upset that her hair was gone.

I don't dig the pixie or buzz cuts.

1 person likes this

Yep I agree long hair is so so so so. Long. Lol. Nar acually its a lovely feminine statement and kind of softens a girls face. Ok some ladies suit shorter hair but not all. Not in viewer discresion so will quickly move on he he ..

Wow, I knew guys liked long hair and disliked short hair but I had no idea that guys felt so strongly about it :wacko:

I guess I better ask for my husband's permission if I ever have any intention of cutting my hair -_-

3 people like this