Sunny

Pet Names

24 posts in this topic

So do you guys think you'll use pet names when you get married?

Do any of you already have pet names picked out?

For those who are currently in relationships, do you have a pet name(s) for your partner?

Do you think you would name yourselves as a couple? e.g. Branjelina

Personally the one pet name I cannot stand is "babe". I don't know why :lol:. I think I would like a couple name though. I think it would be fun coming up with it and it will make us sound like a team.

1 person likes this

I have some picked out, I guess. I like "sweetheart", "sweetie", "darling", "angel" and so on. Although, I don't like "babe" or "baby" either.

xxx

2 people like this

My Dear Reese's Cup...is that romantic?

Lol if my husband or boyfriend would call me that it would probably make me giggle. Sounds romantic to me! :P

I'm down with pet names, as long as it's not something corny like Googly-bear and Smoopsie-poo.  :lol: I don't have a problem with babe or baby but I don't like the idea of a couple name. That seems a little ridiculous to me, lol.

I think some pet names are cute, I too used to not like "babe," but that's what the guy I like calls me sometimes and I like it when he says it...although it confuses me lol. He also calls me "doll" sometimes and I like that too. If he ever asks me out (I'm tired of waiting if you can't tell lol) I'm probably gonna start calling him babe too.

I'm not much of a pet name person. I feel awkward calling someone a pet name. I'll probably have the oddest names for my mate (because I'm silly, and not a pet name person)

I'm not a fan of baby and it's many forms (babe, bay, etc.)

I say Hun a lot, but it could be because I'm from Baltimore, lol.

I like the idea of saying Mr. So-and-so...I think that's nice. See? I'm odd... :blush:

1 person likes this

I have no clue. I like it to come naturally. I'd like him to come up with something for me and I will come up with something for him but I don't know what yet. Actually I had this conversation with my parents today, believe it or not. I apparently, don't like baby but I don't mind babe. And he can't call me cupcake. My mom has called me that since I was born and she can't seem to stop. lol

The Reese's cup name is cute though, Mark. 

2 people like this

Why is everyone hating on "baby?" I love that pet name. Babies are cute and comparing your beloved to something so precious and innocent is great to me. I also like pet names that are a bit old fashion in nature like "my love," "princess" or "my lady."

If I have a son, I will call him "buddy" or "dude." lol. If I have a daughter, I will call her "munchkin." :)

Oh and I know of a dating couple who call themselves something so disgustingly corny. So they started off as calling each other "Papa Bear" and "Mama Bear." Then they decided to go extra mushy and replace the "r" at the end of "bear" with the letter "w." So "Mama Beaw.," like how a baby would say it! Gross  :wacko: 

3 people like this

Deaven and I got each others pet names by accident. I call him babe and baby so I would text that and I kept hitting the wrong button so it would come out babu. Since it happened constantly he decided to be random and nerdy and call me pallypoo. I know. They're goofy. We only really use them over text but he knows when I call him babu now I'm feeling extra lovey.

I'm not going to use a pet name, and I don't want her to use one either. Especially if she calls me "hubby". I hate that. Can't spouses just refer to each other by their given names?

Though I guess I could be OK with "darling", "dear" or something of that sort.

1 person likes this

I also like "husband," not sure why except that's what Zoe calls Wash on Firefly and it sounds cute.

I've always liked the idea of the couple calling eachother "husband" and "wife", I don't know why but it sounds great!

2 people like this

eh hahah, relationships just get their own pet names, i mean u have the basics for every relation ship then you will have your own also, i personaly always get called guebear ahah, cause im a big teddy bear and my name rhymes with bear, i love callin a girl princess or sugarsnapes, but i am not a fan of babe, i think it just gets used tooooo much, i love love tho hahah, fav name for sure, "love come over here" or sweetie-pooo haha, its wht i called my childhood bestfriend/girfriend and i just loves it too death, i always call girls darlin so that isnt too special for me, but now i am rambling ans sorryh hahah

I would love to call her Darling, Sweetie, Sweetheart, Queen, Honey, Love, Beautiful. I think if I call her over to me and I use those names it would be a subtle reminder to her that I love her. Also If I get used to saying them and then I get into some sort of disagreement or fight then I would still use those names even if I may not want to at the moment. Maybe using them can help lighten the mood and resolve a conflict, but what do I know I've never been married lol!

2 people like this

Would it be weird to occasionally call her "kid"? Other than that I could see saying "love" or something I randomly come up with while looking at a box of cereal. I don't know about a couple pet name, maybe if it was something obviously dorky.

1 person likes this

I personally can't wait to call my boyfriend/husband 오빠/oppa. That's super Korean -_-

Would it be weird to occasionally call her "kid"? Other than that I could see saying "love" or something I randomly come up with while looking at a box of cereal. I don't know about a couple pet name, maybe if it was something obviously dorky.

Kid? Where'd the inspiration for that come from?

Oh yeah Raisin BranOld-Spice-Guy-Head-Nod.gif

2 people like this

I don't mind being called babe but for some reason I hate baby. I have no rationale reason why I hate it either! We'll call each other sweetie and honey a fair amount. He also calls me punkin sometimes as a joke/pet name. When we were carving pumpkins around Halloween I accidentally said "punkin" instead of "pumpkin". He thought it was funny and said "You're a punkin" and it just kind of stuck.

Kid? Where'd the inspiration for that come from?

I dunno really. I've only heard it in really old movies/shows, and I don't really have anything in common with the type of guys that say it. I just kind of like it. I've never actually used though, so I can't say for sure. 

2 people like this

I have no names picked out and I don't have a preference as to what I want to be called. For me, pet names are one of those things that develop during your relationship.

I didn't know non celeb couples had combo names like Brangelina. That is interesting.

I dunno really. I've only heard it in really old movies/shows, and I don't really have anything in common with the type of guys that say it. I just kind of like it. I've never actually used though, so I can't say for sure.

For the most part I don't like pet names or nick names of any kind and I would prefer using first names only. However I always liked the idea of calling each other husband and wife and later when we have kids Mama and Papa. But I have been guiltily of using 'kid' in past relationships. Sense it is used in one of my favorite classic romance movies 'Casablanca' by Rick "Here's looking at you kid" as he toasts her. Also I like the old fashioned names see the closing scene and discussion in Pride and Prejudice (2005).

1 person likes this

I personally have always been partial to 'love' as a pet name. Kid would be cute though as well. I have a feeling that lots of pet names or based on random incidents that turn into inside jokes. Also, just 'pet' itself would be interesting to try, could be endearing or it could be demeaning, maybe one day I will get to test it. For names to call my future husband, I'll just use what he wants me to most likely, unless its really lovey-dovey ooey-gooey stuff; not a fan. @Sunny I love your response and video to Raisin Bran!!! I definitely busted out laughing in the laundry mat. @Jordan I agree with old fashion and the Pride and Prejudice scene.

1 person likes this