Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heather

Greetings! :)

11 posts in this topic

Hello WaitingTillMarriage,

My name is Heather Rios and I am an 18 year old Christian girl. I am mainly waiting because of my beliefs, but I have other reasons as well. I am waiting for the right person-why give it to someone I will date a few months/years if I'm not going to spend the rest of my life with them? So it goes along with my values and morals as well. My parents were both virgins when they got married and they have been together for almost 30 years now. I am happy to be apart of a site that not only acknowledges, but admires people who still decide to set apart themselves in a society where everyone is taking the easy way out. In the long run, they pay the consequences for their actions.

Hi Heather,

Welcome!! I'm interested to know if my parents waited, but I doubt it. I feel like it would be akward to ask, so I haven't. =P The closest I've gotten was asking my Mom what my Dad would do when he visted her. (They dated long-distance) She said she had a couch; there was no need for a hotel room. (I asked if he stay at one as a follow up question =P)

Welcome Heather! I think you're the first person to introduce yourself w/"Greetings"! Kudos to you! Anyway, welcome once again to this wonderful site where we all are here to help and support and encourage each other. Hope u enjoy urself here and meet new friends.

Nice to meet you Heather and welcome!!! that is so refreshing to hear that your parents waited and have been together for 30 years! What a blessing! again Welcome!

Welcome Heather! I think you're the first person to introduce yourself w/"Greetings"! Kudos to you! Anyway, welcome once again to this wonderful site where we all are here to help and support and encourage each other. Hope u enjoy urself here and meet new friends.

Thank you very much! :) I'm sure I will. *bows*

Nice to meet you Heather and welcome!!! that is so refreshing to hear that your parents waited and have been together for 30 years! What a blessing! again Welcome!

It truly is and I admire you for it. Thank you for your warm greeting.

Hi Heather,

Welcome!! I'm interested to know if my parents waited, but I doubt it. I feel like it would be akward to ask, so I haven't. =P The closest I've gotten was asking my Mom what my Dad would do when he visted her. (They dated long-distance) She said she had a couch; there was no need for a hotel room. (I asked if he stay at one as a follow up question =P)

It definitely is awkward talking to my parents about that kind of stuff, but I figure its better to get the awkwardness out of the way then to not knowing you know? If I didn't ask certain questions I wouldn't have learned so much about relationships from my mother. I know that advice will help me when I do find the right person. :) Anyways thank you for your greeting! :)

It definitely is awkward talking to my parents about that kind of stuff, but I figure its better to get the awkwardness out of the way then to not knowing you know? If I didn't ask certain questions I wouldn't have learned so much about relationships from my mother. I know that advice will help me when I do find the right person. :) Anyways thank you for your greeting! :)

Thank you very much. I'm sure they are. :)

Welcome Heather! This site is so cool I just recently joined myself! Great group of people. I think its really neat that your parents waited and that you can talk to them about that kind of thing. I'm pretty sure mine didn't not 100% positive but my mom was kind of wild back in the day (from what she's told me lol). Its crazy I've honestly never talked to them about waiting and they probably have no idea that I am if I had to venture a guess...I just have never brought it up with them. But anywho welcome to the site!

Kinda late on my welcome, but welcome, Heather! We're happy to have you! This site has been a tremendous source of encouragement, support, and inspiration for many of us. Thanks for joining and welcome again!