Jordan

What Matters Most?

When finding a man....   26 members have voted

1. 1. What is honestly most important to you about him?

• Looks
    • Humor
    • Intelligence
    • Kindness
    • Financial Success
    • Political Views
    • Sexual History
    • Other (Please Specify)
    • Interests and Hobbies
    • Religion and Spirituality
  2. 2. What is least important to you about him?

• Looks
    • Humor
    • Intelligence
    • Kindness
    • Financial Success
    • Political Views
    • Interests & Hobbies
    • Sexual History
    • Other (Please Specify)
    • Religion and Spirituality
  3. 3. What character trait do you desire most in a man?

• Courage/Perserverance
    • Leadership/Decisiveness
    • Loyalty/Dependability
    • Honor/Integrity
    • Kindness/Unselfishness
    • Faith/Love
    • Good Judgement/Justice
    • Willingness to Provide/Sacrifice

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

Not going to lie I stole this topic and idea entirely from WanderingWashingtonian which she posted in the "Ask Guys" section but I thought it would be intersting to see what you ladies had to say on the matter. I also added one other poll question to it...Wish I could have added a subsequent counter poll question on 'Least desired traits' but only allowed 3 questions per poll. However feel free to respond to this too... Look forward to seeing your responses

Semper Fi

2 people like this

Sorry, Ladies my poll didn't post. Already emailed Mike about deleting this post....again sorry for the inconveience

Not going to lie I stole this topic and idea entirely from WanderingWashingtonian which she posted in the "Ask Guys" section but I thought it would be intersting to see what you ladies had to say on the matter.

Well, to quote Charles Caleb Colton, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," so I thank you Jordan, even if the poll didn't work out. :D

2 people like this

Did this how a writer would…thought you might like it; hope it doesn’t seem weird.

First Draft-

Que James Bond/Clark Gable Archetype: The gentleman responds with a slight blush in his cheeks and a devilish grin “Well Miss Washingtonian I am afraid you’ve got me there. Though in my defense, I was simply imbuing your genius to make an attempt at Quid Pro Quo on the subject. None the less though I am slightly abashed I am entirely unashamed of what I did.†He slightly bows he head with an air of pride and satisfaction wash over him.

Edit Note- Less creepy more personal avoid overtones and out of date gentleman archetype

Revision:

Yeah I guess your right and you got me there. :)  You’re very welcome. Glad plagiarizing your genius without consent didn’t upset you because that was never my intent. So glad you ‘read between the lines’ and liked it even though it didn’t work; this slightly lessens my embarrassment at its failure even though I am unashamed for trying. Yeah hopefully I will get it sorted and Mike will help me get the poll working and remove this.

Semper Fi

1 person likes this

Not going to lie I stole this topic and idea entirely from WanderingWashingtonian which she posted in the "Ask Guys" section but I thought it would be intersting to see what you ladies had to say on the matter. I also added one other poll question to it...Wish I could have added a subsequent counter poll question on 'Least desired traits' but only allowed 3 questions per poll. However feel free to respond to this too... Look forward to seeing your responses

To all the ladies and especially Miss. WanderingWashingtonian thanks for the patience and support but I think I finally got this poll posted. Hope you enjoy it and hope it inspires lots of conversation and replies

Semper Fi

What is honestly most important to you about him?

Spirituality is most important but it was not an option. My second choice is humor. That is a huge deal for me because I am very humor oriented. It is a major part of how I communicate especially when I am comfortable with the person which I will def be comfortable with my hubby. Also, I hate it when someone doesn't get my humor. It's pretty much a deal breaker. 

What is least important to you about him?

It was a tie between political views and financial success. I don't like politics much and while I do have my views on the issues, I don't like to discuss it often and I can see both sides of the argument most of the time so either way he believes, I could deal with it and respect him for his views. I picked that one because while I don't care too much about how much money a man makes I do want to see that he is attempting to provide for his family. 

What character trait do you desire most in a man?

Typical girl answer. Faith/Love. I don't feel like I need to explain this. 

1 person likes this

Yeah, religion/spirituality wasn't on the list! That's most important, I think. Perhaps kindness and sexual history next (doesn't have to be a virgin, but if he's not, he has to regret it.)

Don't really care about looks. Seriously. I mean, Doug Jones is attractive by my standards.

post-319-0-79977100-1366556670_thumb.jpg

post-319-0-17864700-1366556687_thumb.jpg

Maybe political views next (if he shares the same religious beliefs, then his political views aren't going to matter much). Then financial success, I think...Hang on, I might as well do the whole thing...

1. Religious beliefs

2. Kindness

3. Sexual history

4. Intelligence

5. Humour

6. Interests and hobbies

7. Financial success

8. Political views

9. Looks

And I guess faith and love is most important, but that was a tough one! Too difficult to rank them...

xxx

2 people like this

Well Fudge. I just can't seem to catch a break with this post. One goof up of mine after another; so sorry ladies but yeah I left out the only option I meant to leave in. Guess I have to stop sleep posting at odd hours of the night. Please forgive me of my mistakes. Maybe now I will finally pull this off....(I feel kinda like the magican who keeps looking for the rabbit in his hat as it slowly hops off stage behind him)

Again my apologies

Please feel free to delete and then recast your votes....thanks again for your patience and corperation

1 person likes this

Probably the most important thing for me when it comes to men is compassion. I put kindness, but I actually think there is a difference. Compassion is something I try to embody in every action (not that I always succeed lol). Least important is hard for me. There are a few things I don't think are important, but sexual history and financial success are probably least important to me. Would I love to marry a man who was a virgin and financially stable, yes. But it is lowest on my list of wants.

3 people like this

I cannot narrow the list down to just one for each question... 

1. Most important:
Religion/spirituality AND Humor (and not one without the other!)

2. Least important:
I'd say those are all important!

3. Character Trait
Faith/Love (but it is hard to narrow it down!)

2 people like this

1. Kindness

2. Religious Beliefs

3. Intelligence

4. Financial Success

5.Interests and hobbies 

6. Sexual History

7. Humour 

8.Looks

9. Political views

What can I say...

- I've just taken it for granted that I'm not going to find someone who's also WTM :P (It would be a great bonus though!) As long as he was never a player, that's fine!

- By financially successful I just mean that he has to be financially stable.

- Looks-wise... don't really care much, it would be nice to get a good smile though :)

- Humor... I laugh pretty easily anyways 

Most Important: all of them but religion and spirituality, political views, and sexual history (unless he was a sex addict, which is unlikely.)

The least important is sexual history, religion and spirituality, and political views.

Loyalty/Dependability is the character trait I picked.

The most important thing to me in a man is actually strong communication skills.  I enjoy sharring information and talking the night away.  Since a good conversation is my most prized past time,  I want my future spouce to be my favorite person to talk with.  :)  A positive attitude is important too!

On May 13, 2013 at 1:20 AM, Selina said:

1. Kindness

2. Religious Beliefs

3. Intelligence

4. Financial Success

5.Interests and hobbies 

6. Sexual History

7. Humour 

8.Looks

9. Political views

What can I say...

- I've just taken it for granted that I'm not going to find someone who's also WTM :P (It would be a great bonus though!) As long as he was never a player, that's fine!

- By financially successful I just mean that he has to be financially stable.

- Looks-wise... don't really care much, it would be nice to get a good smile though :)

- Humor... I laugh pretty easily anyways 

By the way - in a study break, I was going over some of my random past posts to see if I've changed at all in over 3 years - and this was posted around the same month I started dating  my to-be-husband. Too funny! In retrospect, I noticed that he meets the entire list - and his strongest qualities are near the top of the list. He was even WTM! Haha.  

Ok ok time to stop procrastinating and time to do some work!