luxorcairo

Possessive boyfriends

34 posts in this topic

Every man, if they're being perfectly honest with themselves, wants figurative ownership of his girlfriend/wife. You are his woman.

4 people like this

Every man, if they're being perfectly honest with themselves, wants figurative ownership of his girlfriend/wife. You are his woman.

Yes, exactly. And vice versa. Women feel the same way. How many times has a woman said "That's my man." This is not something unique to either sex.

I think Vince nailed it with perfection when he wrote:

"I think there is a difference between possessive and controlling. Romantic relationships are possessive by design in that you possess another person's heart or commitment. That is a good thing, controlling is not. Controlling is when someone tells you what you can or cannot do with your life."

4 people like this

Well I'd like to think that my Wife is "mine". Do I own her? Well no, but it's a little like ownership I that she is reserved for me. I mean sure she has the power to leave and has then power to tell me no, but I still "have" her and she has me. It's weird to think about. If someone flirted with her and tried to seduce her I'd be upset. If she wasn't mine then I wouldn't be upset. My point of view also works with her. She can seem in a way to own me as well.

If everything is mutual than it's all good. Saying I own her isn't a negative thing to me simply because I see a marriage as both owning each other. Not bossing them around but going to great lengths to love them.

I don't know if I made much sense I'm just trying to explain that the word "own" doesn't always have to be a negative thing.

3 people like this

Ok slight deviation!!

Chap meets girl and they get serious.She has previous sexual partners in a small town. They go out occasionally to the few bars in the town and he asks her not to have anything to do with her past partners who they will probablly bump into.

Is that fair enough reasonable request? Possesive Or controlling? For me its reasonable but not the norm here in the UK.

Any opinions ? Happy Wednesday. Col.

I dunno about own, but I like when people are loyal, like... I would like to know somehow that the other person won't cheat. But I wouldn't get possessive, I would just find a person who likes loyalty in the first place. And I would be loyal to them too. If I really felt like I couldn't trust them, I'd talk about it with them properly.

1 person likes this

I dunno about own, but I like when people are loyal, like... I would like to know somehow that the other person won't cheat. But I wouldn't get possessive, I would just find a person who likes loyalty in the first place. And I would be loyal to them too. If I really felt like I couldn't trust them, I'd talk about it with them properly.

I think this is an amazing post. From experience however talking is sometimes really hard. Get it over with asap as too far along the line it gets awkward. Back to my rocking chair he he. All the best. Col.

1 person likes this

I think this is an amazing post. From experience however talking is sometimes really hard. Get it over with asap as too far along the line it gets awkward. Back to my rocking chair he he. All the best. Col.

Haha thanks :) I dunno, like... I could be a little paranoid maybe, and even though I wouldn't do anything stupid, I would just feel down... Talking about it might clear things up? But yeah, I generally say get out of there if it doesn't work naturally; you can't control people to be who you want.

If everything is mutual than it's all good. Saying I own her isn't a negative thing to me simply because I see a marriage as both owning each other. Not bossing them around but going to great lengths to love them.

I agree with you. If I ever marry, I would like to be able to say that my wife is "mine" as much as I'm "her's". Isn't that what love is? Entrego total, the giving of oneself completely. My friends are my companions, because with them I only share but never give my entire self. For my wife, my love, I shall be much more than just a companion, I will strive to achieve a greater relationship than that.

4 people like this

I know this is an old topic but a little jealously is healthy in a relationship but there is a line to being possessive .

5 people like this