Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
luxorcairo

Ok maybe i need some guy advice on this!

10 posts in this topic

Theres this boy that has liked me since the 6th grade. It was somewhat embarrassing. I left that school 3 months in to the year and never saw him again. Flash forward 5 years and i add him as a friend on fb. Hoping to catch up, i talk to him. He then goes on this "i love you " rampage. I say well u only knew fe for 3 months (he was new to the school) but he said it didnt matter. I told him to drop it because theyres now way we could be together because we go to different hs. He said hell accept the challange.....i gave him my number before he said this and literaly every 10 txts we send he tells me he loves me one way or another. What is wrong with him? Should i even continue to talk to him?

Uhhh he's a freak? LOL just kidding he sounds like he's probably a little (ok maybe not a little :P) immature...which many high school boys (and girls for that matter) can be. He probably does like you...but in what capacity is the question. Judging by his "forward-ness" if I can use that term it sounds like he's only after one thing...beware!

5 people like this

Ugh. Overly sappy guys always make me cringe. Yeah, he's either got some growing up to do...or hoping that all the "I Love You"s will nab you. Either way, I'd leave him alone. Giving him your digits might've not been the best call...

1 person likes this

No, don't continue to talk to him. Actually, first tell him in a serious tone that he is making you feel uncomfortable and you don't want this kind of attention from him. Be blunt, and don't say "no offense," or "but I think you're really nice," etc. If he really is mentally unstable (and he sounds like he is,) then he is going to take that as a good thing - she's just shy, she actually likes me, I still have a chance, etc. I'm not saying be mean, but just stick to the point, clear and concise. if he's a nice guy who is just immature or is goofing around, he'll apologize and drop the whole thing. Then you know there's nothing to worry about. But if he doesn't listen, I would say you definitely have a problem on your hands. This kind of behaviour is not okay, especially if you have already told him to "drop it." Be careful, cuz right now it might seem harmless, immature, and, at worst, annoying, but if this guy has issues, this could develop into a real problem.

1 person likes this

Leave the country, change your name, become a monk. Or that's what I would do at least...

1 person likes this

Leave the country, change your name, become a monk. Or that's what I would do at least...

Or a nun.

1 person likes this

I'd ignore him if I were you. You already told him off and he keeps persisting.  Just be careful cause you might have given him hope already. I think he is trying to hook you. He knows that you're not interested now but he is trying to make you fall for him slowly. Best thing is to put a stop to taking to him and let him know that it's not gonna work in the future. Perhaps make it so that it fizzles out over a period of a few days/weeks.

1 person likes this

I'm not a guy, but from what you say, he sounds creepy.   It seems that the guys who have responded here agree.   I don't think there is any hope of having a friendship with him, because it sounds like he is obsessed with you.  I'd suggest cutting off all communication from him -- don't reply to his texts, don't reply to any messages he sends.   

You could delete him and block him from contacting you, but maybe you want to know if he's still trying to reach you......

It is definitely not normal, because the normal thing is to fall in love slowly. Even with love at first sight, the couples take a while to actually say I love you. Love is a strong emotion and normally it takes time to develop. But sometimes love is not normal. You know? Do what you feel is best for you : )

2 people like this

So, technically this is harassment. I think part of you likes this, but not enough to override the fact he's creeping you out. He needs to know he can't do this to people, so you should block his number, ignore his texts and cut him off. Otherwise, you're rewarding and reinforcing his harassing behavior.

1 person likes this