Mirage

The Official Shout-out Thread

17 posts in this topic

Everyone on this forum has a history, and everyone has people on this site that have made a mark upon them. So this thread will serve to give all those people a shout-out! (Without waiting for them to do a video first *grins*)

I'd like to send shout-outs to Asryll, Mike, Matt, Josh, Cou, Kendra, WaitingForYou<3, vince and Sophie. These are the people I've had good times with in chat. Bantered with in threads and joked with in private chat. I would say love y'all but I'm not southern ;)

So forums. Who would you like to give a shout-out?

EDIT: Because I can.

Asryll: You know why you're on here my dear *Smiles*.

Mike: For making the site, and for not killing me for not having that article done yet :P

Matt: For all the awesome times in chat, the interesting views and of course your outrageous sense of humour ;) Keep it up mate.

Josh: For always fighting for your beliefs, always keep an open mind and you'll be good.

Cou: For always being fun to talk with in chat, and your indulgence in my teasing you for your love of older men.

Kendra: For being such a good friend to A and I.

WaitingForYou<3: Always good for a laugh in chat. And your deep insights into problems are always helpful.

vince: For being a crazy gun loving gamer. Keep on trucking man.

Sophie: For being a fellow, Atheist Canadian.

4 people like this

My Shout-outs:

Mike: Thanks for bringing all of us together and for  creating a place that gives everyone hope and support.

Cou: You will always have a special place in my heart. You inspire me every day with your positive attitude and for never giving up no matter how bad things get. I love you and I hope we will meet for real one day :)

Kendra: My lil sis on here :) I feel honored that you look up to me. You're an awesome Chatmaster :)

Matt: You always make me laugh with your memes. You always have a one ready for any given situation. lol

Mark: Thanks for not making me feel the the only grown man who still loves Disney cartoons.

WanderingWashingtonian: My fellow neighboring waiter. I love how you inspire me to read more and for showing me really funny Youtube videos :)

Nicole: I always dig the sarcastic banter you have. Life is full of irony, just like your humor :)

Jegs: Thanks for always putting up with me ridiculous humor lol. You are wise beyond your years. I love how we can poke fun at each other's faiths and know it's all in good fun. Well, it's mostly me griping about your heretical Catholic ways :D

Sarah: I always enjoy our long talks. I think it's so cool every time you speak in Spanish :) You are an amazing friend and proof that we have like minded people from around the world.

Mirage: For making this thread. That is all :D And for waiting for Asryll. That is very noble.

Sally and DD: For being the trend setters :) I hope many more will follow in your footsteps

Chris and PZ: For showing us that love is stronger than distance. 

Slayer: You've always been a quiet one, but not because you are shy. It's because when you talk, you have only meaningful things to say.

ian: For the much needed marriage advice from someone who's been in the game for quite a while. I think we can all rest a little easier from nerve racking hypothetical situations with you around :)

MarriageMaterial: You've always had a warm and caring spirit. We seem to agree on a lot of things and I always love your reactions to my crazy VDA thread :)

AussieStig: For leading the evangelical charge against Jegsy's Catholic propaganda. Jk :D Also of course for being a good example of being a successful waiter that led to marriage.

RJ or Ace now, I supposed: Your story is proof that miracles happen. God gave you the strength to overcome great odds because your time here is far from over. 

10 people like this

Hmm, to keep it simple like Mirage or take the route of feels like Vince...Hell, here goes. These are people I've interacted with a lot and/or have benefited from in some way. Hope I don't leave anyone out, which is entirely possible :o

Shout-out to

Mike, of course for making and always improving this site. Even though I spend way too much time on here, for the most part it's time well spent and I'm a better person for finding it. You're the man!

Vince, for being a friend, always lending an encouraging word and for being a large part of making me feel welcome here. And for appreciating my excessive meme use xD

Courtney, for being a friend and my partner-in-memes, having a great sense of humor, and keeping chat interesting and lighthearted. Also, thanks for being an example that pureness of heart and strength of will can overcome a lot in life. You've got a bright future ahead of you. Stay strong!

Nicole, for being the first person I talked to when I accidentally stumbled into chat, for your sense of humor, and for being the caring person and friend that you are.

Ian, for your endless supply of positive advice, both brotherly and fatherly (take comfort in the fact that my dad is older :P (I think)), and for being an example that with time and patience, true, lasting love really does exist.

Mirage, for giving a different perspective on a lot of issues, your slick sense of humor and for being willing to wait.

Dani (lovelydream), for being a fellow Halo-lover and agnostic waiter, and for our discussions, both fun and philosophical. 

Eugene, for our awesome video game discussions and for being a friend (or uncle, as you would say xD)

Cass, for always keeping chat fun with your great sense of humor and optimism

Sunny, for being a thinker, for our interesting chats and for opening up a little. And even for your humor! Surprised? ;)

Altan/Cyon, for always being around and for being a voice of reason and steadfastness

Gil, for all your helpful and frank advice, experience, and humor

April, for being so nice, outgoing and encouraging

Also, shout-out to Kendra, Jenny (where you been?), Sarita, Josh, wny, and others that I've hung out with in chat. I'm probably missing someone, will add later if I think of you!

7 people like this

GREAT idea Mirage!! I'll have to come back to this in a day or two, cuz my list is rather long :P

Mirage, even though we haven't talked much, for making this thread. :) You do seem pretty cool.

Mike. Haven't talked to you at all, but I saw your introduction video, and some of your posts... you seem cool, and I love that you developed a place like this. The amazing feeling of knowing I'm not alone, by making such an unpopular decision, is something I don't think I could thank you enough for.

Vince. I am sure you know why. You are just awesome. I have enjoyed our talks, and feel like you would have to be one of the coolest people I'd have the pleasure of meeting, if we ever did. You are not afraid to state who you are, and what you believe, and I find strength in that. You are also fiercely protective and noble.

ArtsyGal. Our chats have been enlightening, and funny, and I love that you are so open and caring.

Nicole. I don't really know why, but I kind of feel like you're a kindred spirit. I think you're fun to talk to, and we have so much in common... ahem, especially since most people don't get it when I tell them I feel connected to the era of WWII.

Stacie. Simply put, you make me think. I like that.

Maturo. You haven't been online in quite a while, but talking with you in PM is something I very much enjoy.

Joy. You are a beautiful soul, and I feel like we are becoming very good friends. I love that you PMd me because of the few similarities we share, and it's alway fun to talk to people from around the world.

Steadfast. I love your outlook, and the fact that you are so open and accepting. I always enjoy reading your thoughts on any subject.

Chrystal. You are so different, and I find it a beautiful thing that you follow your own path.

There  are probably a few I am missing, and probably a lot more that I could talk about. However, I am so happy that I now have all of you waiters as a new 'family'... even if that does sound weird. Yes, I probably do spend too much time here, but I feel comfortable on this site, and love reading different views of everything.

6 people like this

Steadfast. I love your outlook, and the fact that you are so open and accepting. I always enjoy reading your thoughts on any subject.

:blush: Thanks so much libs; that made my day! I feel exactly the same way when it comes to your posts.

1 person likes this

Great idea!

Mike - Wasn't sure if it'd be worth mentioning the commander in chief since everyone else already explained it...but I'd feel bad if I didn't lol; thanks for everything!

Belle Femme - For being one of the smartest people on here. Of all the successful waiters on this site, I look up to the you the most - especially because like me you are a Christian with a little different viewpoints than the usual; a social progressive and feminist "living outside the virgin/whore dichotomy", as phrased in your signature :)  you are an inspiration. 

TinyDancer - Aw well where do I start. You're my internet bff lol. You're a breath of fresh air and I can always count on you for a good conversation :D

Invincible - For speaking your mind. Whether or not I agree with your opinions you're always bold and brutally honest when you post and I really respect that. And when your topics aren't serious they make me laugh haha

wny - I'm not sure why I like seeing you around, but I hope you find that someone, friend.

Josh - Similarly, your posts are just generally fun to read :D

Paul - ALMOST forgot; I knew I was missing something and this was it - you need a shout out for being a genetleman and being secure enough to know that masculinity ought not to be how 'alpha', etc you are and more toward real substance. Compassion and sensitivity are not akin to weakness and cowardice. I'm not sure if I could phrase this a little better but I think you know what I mean

Edited by lime
4 people like this

Vince. I am sure you know why. You are just awesome. I have enjoyed our talks, and feel like you would have to be one of the coolest people I'd have the pleasure of meeting, if we ever did. You are not afraid to state who you are, and what you believe, and I find strength in that. You are also fiercely protective and noble.

Invincible - For speaking your mind. Whether or not I agree with your opinions you're always bold and brutally honest when you post and I really respect that. And when your topics aren't serious they make me laugh haha

Thank you both. Even though I think I'm just a weird dude with a slightly psychotic sense of humor who just spews out utter nonsense most of the time. lol But I have truly humbled :)

1 person likes this

Belle Femme - For being one of the smartest people on here. Of all the successful waiters on this site, I look up to the you the most - especially because like me you are a Christian with a little different viewpoints than the usual; a social progressive and feminist "living outside the virgin/whore dichotomy", as phrased in your signature :)  you are an inspiration.

:wub:  I'm blushing! You're too kind.

1 person likes this

TinyDancer - Aw well where do I start. You're my internet bff lol. You're a breath of fresh air and I can always count on you for a good conversation :D

No, YOU are!  :P

1 person likes this

Chrystal. You are so different, and I find it a beautiful thing that you follow your own path.

Haha, that's what people have been telling me all my life! Thank you  :blush:

Okay, here are my shout-outs:

Mike - of course, how could I not :) Thanks for the website, it's awesome and I really appreciate all the effort you put into it!

Libs - you're a sweetheart :) I love how accepting and kind you are towards everyone, and I just get a really positive feel about you from your posts.

Belle Femme - you're not afraid to state your opinion and to talk about the nitty-gritty details, which, as someone who has hardly any experience is this field, I really appreciate. You're also full of information and helpful advice!

Steadfast - similar to Belle Femme, you're not afraid to state your opinion and you're open yet respectful about your beliefs. You're also a lovely, sweet person and although you're not a "full" waiter like some of us, I truly value and appreciate your presence on the forums.

Jegsy - you have to be the most intelligent and well-informed Catholic I know  :D Not that other Catholics aren't intelligent or well-informed - your amount of knowledge and security in your faith is just outstanding. You're also a beautiful, kind person and I always enjoy your posts.

Vince - because you're Vince :P Even though we have different outlooks on a number of subjects, I think you're such a unique and funny person, and I really admire your commitment to waiting.

HopefulPoet - you're not on the forums much so I don't know if you'll see this, but here's a shout-out anyway! You're one of the people on the forum that I can relate to most, and I really enjoy talking to you about writing. Also, not only you're an amazing writer, you're a loving, compassionate person :)

Nicole - from your posts, you seem like a lovely person, shy on the outside but beautiful and funny on the inside. Your future husband will be lucky to have you!

Josh & Mark - you're both funny and outspoken, and I really enjoy seeing you around!

Sally & DD - for inspiring us all!

Samaye - you can be intelligent and thoughtful, but also lighthearted and funny. And I just generally enjoy seeing you around :)

IrishRedHead - I enjoy your bubbly personality and how you're open to talk about all sorts of topics. I also admire how brave you are about talking to guys… something I'm definitely not :P

JesSea - your posts are intelligent and thought-provoking, and I love how open-hearted and friendly you are.

Daz - you're a witty, intelligent person and I love how you're so passionate about anime. Also, just for being chill and fun to be around!

ragtagandbobtail - you're a bright light :) You're a beautiful, compassionate person with a unique personality, and the forums truly benefit from your presence.

Everyone else - I could go on forever but the library (aka my Well of Endless Internet) is closing soon... So if I didn't mention you above, I'd like you to know that each and every one of you is a great person, and I find you all inspiring because of the decision you made to wait. Not only that, you've made the forums a welcoming, friendly place and although we do have our disagreements, I've never found another place online where people are so supportive of each other despite their different backgrounds, opinions and belief systems. You make me feel valued and part of a community. Keep it up, waiters :)

Gaaah, I feel all gooey now!

9 people like this

Josh & Mark - you're both funny and outspoken, and I really enjoy seeing you around!

Thanks! Although I never considered myself outspoken, lol.

Thanks! Although I never considered myself outspoken, lol.

Haha, maybe that wasn't the word I was looking for! You're not outspoken in the sense that you'll state your opinions no matter what, but more in the sense that you speak up for yourself and that your posts are hard to miss :)

3 people like this

JesSea - your posts are intelligent and thought-provoking, and I love how open-hearted and friendly you are.

Aahh! Thanks so much! Ditto to you, you classy lady! 

1 person likes this

Samaye - you can be intelligent and thoughtful, but also lighthearted and funny. And I just generally enjoy seeing you around :)

You are a sweetheart *hugs* I always enjoy reading what you post and any convos we've had in chat (though I've been slacking going on lately).

I guess I shall name off a few people now.

Mike~ You Rock. Thanks for making this happen.

Vince, Nicole, Jegsy, Matthew and all Mods; thanks for being insightful, funny, keeping the peace and just plain awesome.

All my chatroom buddies (Daz, Amarillo, Honour, Stephen, Steven, Sunny, Daydreamer, Any, GTMI, Artsy, Mirage, and the rest of you beautiful people) y'all are entertaining and thoughtful. I thoroughly enjoy getting to chat with y'all.

Everyone on here is awesome in their own way and I hope I get to keep getting to know yall!