WanderingWashingtonian

What Matters Most?

When finding a woman...   22 members have voted

1. 1. What is honestly most important to you about her?

• Looks
    • Humor
    • Intelligence
    • Kindness
    • Financial Success
    • Religious Beliefs
    • Political Views
    • Interests & Hobbies
    • Sexual History
    • Other (Please Specify)
  2. 2. What is least important to you about her?

• Looks
    • Humor
    • Intelligence
    • Kindness
    • Financial Success
    • Religious Beliefs
    • Political Views
    • Interests & Hobbies
    • Sexual History

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

I know that for most of you, the ideal woman would have all of the qualities you seek. But what one quality matters most to you, honestly?

For me, the most important thing is that she must be a Christian. Many other traits come as a result of that, particularly kindness and possibly interests and sexual history. Also, it affects pretty much how she views life, politics and her general worldview. The least important for me would have to be financial success. All that matters to me is that she works hard in what she is passionate about whether it's a stay at home mom or a career. Money is not always the measurement of success. I'd rather she make less money doing what she loved than a job where she got paid lots but was miserable. If she decides to be a stay at home mom, then money isn't applicable anyways. 

6 people like this

There were so many decisions ;_; Im probably the only person who will vote that sexual history does not matter.

1 person likes this

There were so many decisions ;_; Im probably the only person who will vote that sexual history does not matter.

Yeah, you very well probably are.

Nar im with you dear chap. Its important and nice if its right. However if she has the right attitude towards putting mistakes right for you then im cool. That done forgivness should be in your heart.

1 person likes this

It took a little thinking because, to differing extents, these all (maybe most all) can potentially be dealbreakers. I'm not sure if humor is that important, though it would be nice. Intelligence isn't a huge deal for me. She just can't be incredibly dull. I need her to be at least somewhat kind, but she doesn't have to be too kind. Financial success isn't too important. As long as she's working and adding a decent amount to the family income it's fine by me. For religious beliefs we need to be somewhat on the same page, but it doesn't have to be entirely the same page. For interests and hobbies, as long as we have some things in common I can work with it. Looks are more important to me than they are for many people, but nonetheless I don't need a super model or something. So, sexual history is most important to me, as that is what I'm most picky about. As I've explained before, I want a woman who hasn't gone beyond light kissing and light touching.

Political views might be least important to me. As long as she's not really out there, I think it would be okay. I think we could avoid talking about issues that we disagree about. Earlier I noted humor wasn't that important, but I think I would want us to be able to laugh together at least once every so often, so I guess I'm left with political views.

2 people like this

Like Vince, I would say Religious Views are my number 1, for all of the reasons he stated. It basically shapes your entire worldview and many other items on the list are influenced, at at least partially, by that. I would put humor next actually...but moreso in terms of an entire personality. If we can't laugh with and at each other, and about other stuff...it ain't going anywhere. I'd follow that with looks and interests....and last would be financial success. That's just such a small piece of the puzzle in my opinion.

4 people like this

Like Envincebal I picked Religious beliefs as most important for the very same reason.

I picked political views as least important.

I noticed many picked financial success as least important. For me it's important that she's going somewhere with her life. I want her to at least have a career or be going through college to get one. Doesn't have to be high salary either as long as she has a career or is working towards one. It shows she's driven, and intelligent

1 person likes this

I'm just going to be honest and say I can't choose. For the most important things to me like intelligence, kindness, humor, looks (I have to be attracted to her) and lack of a sexual history (I think), they're either present or I'm probably not going to be interested. Least important is easy and I side with the majority. As long as she's happy with whatever she does and she's doing something financial success doesn't matter.

2 people like this

I voted "kindness" for most favorable trait and "political views" as the least important trait. This is because I couldn't care less about politics, and I'm atheist

For me I voted kindness as number one, as its a benefactor of the Christian walk.

And as a Christian guy, my potential mate's kindness matters greatly!

Who'd wanna date/have a relationship with/marry/begin a family with/spend the rest of your waking days

with a mean girl? Right?

As least important, but of course it matters as humor is part of a person's personality.

Just my wife wouldn't need to be a 'stand-up comedian', or sitcom actor with the so-called

sarcastic witty, side. Hopefully we could entertain ourselves without the need to resort to this kind of humor.

Besides I typically go for the shy, emo/chill girls, as I'm a chill guy!

Just my thoughts!

1 person likes this

I know this is "ask the guys" but, I hope you guys don't mind if I weigh-in?? Give you something to think about...Most important to me would their Life with Christ.....kindness is part of their character in the Christian walk...its one of the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5; 22.....more than likely the one you gravitate to will possess some if not most of those quailities already....as for as sexual history...it is important for some...but in this day & age we live in the majority of the people you will encounter will have a sexual past...its just the nature of it....few of us will acutally marry virgins....And I personally am okay with that.....because once God has come into their life & made them a new creature in him & have forgiven their past....isn't it our mandate as followers of Christ to do just the same???? Because, when they finally meet you/I they will cherish the gift that we have kept for them....Because you/I waited on God to be the author of my/your love story....God has deemed them worthy of such a RARE thing...most of the other things will just naturaly be (looks, humor, intelligence, hobbies/interests) Finance is a subject that will have to be discussed when marriage is on the horizon, it can cause issues in a marriage. As far a political views...for me, it bares very little weight..

Matter the most: sexual history and kindness.

Matter quite a bit: looks and political views

Matter somewhat: religious beliefs and intelligence

Don't matter: humor and financial success (as long as she doesn't have loads of debt)

Matter the most: sexual history and kindness.

Matter quite a bit: looks and political views

Matter somewhat: religious beliefs and intelligence

Don't matter: humor and financial success (as long as she doesn't have loads of debt)

I second this. Seems pretty similar to my own preferences. 

1 person likes this

Probably, but if this were on Ask The Girls forum about guys, I would vote that sexual history doesn't matter.

Actually I think there is more than one aspect needed to decide. It is important that one should be happy also. Adding to that list should also be attraction I think.