Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LookingForTheOne

Question about finding other 'waiters'

Does it seem easy or hard to you?   27 members have voted

1. 1. How easy/hard does the task of finding another waiter seem to you?

• "They're so rare and hard to find, it'll take me years to do it."
    • "There are enough of them out there, it's not that uncommon. I can find one with some effort."

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 posts in this topic

I'm NOT saying that the actual task of finding a waiter is that hard, or that easy; it's probably in between. I'm only asking how you view it--how easy or hard it seems to you.

Why does it matter if the other person is a waiter? As long as they're willing to wait for you that's all that should matter.

4 people like this

Why does it matter if the other person is a waiter? As long as they're willing to wait for you that's all that should matter.

First of all, you must think I'm talking about finding a virgin, and I'm not. I'm talking about finding someone who is waiting until marriage in general, or who is willing to do so (and I did that specifically in anticipation of your question, because I knew that I would see it). I'm pretty sure that even that can be hard to find. And If I were talking about finding a virgin specifically, I would have indicated that.

Second of all, I object to your idea that the only thing that should matter is their willingness to wait now, but I've responded to that elsewhere.

Hmm, well, my only serious boyfriend was waiting until marriage; he was also a virgin. We met in college, and even though the topic of sex didn't come up at all until we'd been dating for a month and had known each other for a year, I felt confident early on into meeting him, before we even went out, that he was probably waiting until marriage. He just seemed to be giving off that vibe. So with him, I just sought out someone I was deeply compatible with, and finding a waiter came naturally.

Later, I had a short-lived romance with one of my friends. He was not a virgin and was not waiting until marriage, but he told me that if we dated for awhile, he would not ask me to have sex with him, as he knew I was waiting. I am sure he meant what he said, but I also knew he would not be able to keep his word and that he would soon be asking me to go further than I should; I had a feeling that in a moment of weakness, I might even consent to sleep with him. Also, I knew that, for a dozen reasons besides sex, we weren't compatible for marriage, so I turned him down.

I've met some other guys since then. Without asking, I could sense that some would not be willing to wait, some were not virgins but would potentially wait in a relationship, and some were waiting on their own. None of these guys pursued me to the point where a relationship began though, so I never had a chance to ask them directly about their stance on waiting.

I've met a fair few waiters in real life, and quite a few more on here, and also have met some people who would be willing to wait, even though they wouldn't choose to do so on their own. For me, the difficulty is defined less as a problem finding waiters, though that is a part of it, but more of a problem finding men I am compatible with in general who have a lasting interest in me.

2 people like this

I view it as extremely difficult. Then I log onto this website and think maybe not, but then I revert back to the same old thoughts...extremely difficult. 

3 people like this

You think its bad across the waters........ How many UK members are there ? Aaaaah

3 people like this

Yeah, I've never met another waiter in real life. And there are no other members on this site that I know of who are from Scotland.

The only people I know who might be waiters are the Catholic guys at my university, who are pretty religious, but none of them have ever shown any interest in me as anything but a friend (Never had any guys show interest in me, actually).

So, yeah, I'd say it's hard to find other waiters, at least for me.

xxx

1 person likes this

I don't personally know anyone who's waiting. In fact the few guys that have been interested in me have blatantly brought up sex. Waiting until marriage seems like a foreign topic where I'm from. I hope to meet people that think more like me soon though. I think once you find one waiter, you're more likely to find more in the people that they hang with.

4 people like this

My roommate freshman year was a waiter, and my great-grandmother waited. Other than those two, I haven't me any others. I had a cousin that was a waiter but she isn't a virgin or a waiter anymore.

I don't really care if I don't find any waiters. I only care about my future husband waiting.

But I actually think there are probably more waiters out there than I assume. I don't meet any because I don't go anywhere to meet any. Plus I think many waiters like myself, probably keep it to themselves for the most part.

Oh Josh.

To you, Josh. To you.

I understand you feel strongly about this, but may I suggest that you realize and accept that everyone has different values and sensibilities? It's the individual that deems what's important to him or herself--not others with strong opinions.

What you feel shouldn't be important is certainly going to be important to some others by the very virtue that we're all different. This should be respected in my humble opinion and not judged. 

2 people like this

Oh Josh.

To you, Josh. To you.

I understand you feel strongly about this, but may I suggest that you realize and accept that everyone has different values and sensibilities? It's the individual that deems what's important to him or herself--not others with strong opinions.

What you feel shouldn't be important is certainly going to be important to some others by the very virtue that we're all different. This should be respected in my humble opinion and not judged. 

Let's try not to derail the thread people.

Waiters seem to flock around me, in great numbers and with no apparent care for who knows. I wish there were more normal people where I live T.T

1 person likes this

I've never met another waiter. But then again, it's not as if I go around asking random people if they're virgins or not, lol.  :blink:  ^_^ Nor am I very vocal about my own status as one.

1 person likes this

I have a lot of friends who are in their early 20s and are still virgins. Two of them I'm pretty sure it's not by choice, though. One I think there is a small chance is waiting. It seems he at least takes sex somewhat seriously. My one good friend I'm pretty sure is still a virgin. It's not something we really talk about, though. I think he takes sex at least somewhat seriously. I have someone who is kind of a friend who other people told me was waiting (by his own choice), but that he all of the sudden really wanted to just have sex once his girlfriend broke up with him. I've also heard an indication that he has lost his virginity. I have a cousin who I'm pretty sure waited (his parents at least assume he did).

So, I guess I lean more toward option two.

I have been fortunate enough to meet and date another waiter; though unfortunately for religious reasons our relationship didn't work out. Though if you had asked me before this relationship if I thought their were any girl waiters out there my answer would have been: NO.Because of this false belief I had considered on several occasions to give up and quit on the idea of waiting because it seemed pointless if she was not waiting for me. Though each time I couldn't seem to quit on my own belief in WTM. Moreover when I found her it felt like I had found the only diamond in the world; a real-life girl who was WTM and wanted to date me. Since in truth I had never before met a girl who was a waiter. Even the couple of guys I knew who were waiters one of them it is speculative as to weather or not he was waiting and neither were virgins any longer. I guess this belief was made worse by the fact that I had only dated non-waiters before and also I had yet to find this website and the comfort it affords me in knowing that there are lots of other girl waiters out there. Also do to the nature of my work, the school I attend, and the state in which I live; I regularly am pressured by others who know me to quit WTM. Also for the previous reason I mentioned of religious differences; so even if I find another waiter if we don't agree on matters of belief it is unlikely it will workout between us. For these and other reasons I still feel that in spite of this site the hard reality is that finding and dating someone who is a waiter is still a rare possibility to come by (I hope I am proven wrong). I don't feel it is impossible. Furthermore I am a stubborn and defiant romantic who still believes in true love and meeting another waiter.

3 people like this

Ive been surrounded by people that are WTM but theyve all moved to different cities (we are still connected). I still do meet more Waiters along the way. If I never met any of them I wouldve thought no one else was waiting, but I guess meeting them is one of the reasons why Ive not given up...so far its been easy to meet fellow waiters

1 person likes this