Tev

Having Daughters

25 posts in this topic

Is it weird for me to only want to have girls? Now of course I will be happy with whichever God blesses my future wife and I, boy or girl, with, but me personally, I would prefer to have a baby girl or baby girls. It has gotten to the point where I would go to stores like JC Penney and Macy`s and all that, and I would be in the store picking out little dresses for her, its so badddd :(. On top of that, I`ve been thinking about baby names. Like if God gives me twin girls, I`ll name them Mariah and Maliah. If I have 1 girl then I`ll name her Tiana and if I have another girl after her I`ll name her Taliyah. But anyway I digress, is this strange? Like should I get a puppy to like fill this need or something? And please excuse my use of the words "If I have" and "I`ll name them" because it sounds like I will be doing all the work of giving birth to a baby.Sorry :(

2 people like this

I want a girl too! A boy as well though, a boy and girl but that's it, no more than two kids, and ill probably adopt :DD

1 person likes this

I highly recommend having daughters :-)   definitely a warm moment for a Dad :-)

3 people like this

Thank you :) Kailey

@ian How many daughters do you have?

1 person likes this

Maybe it's a little unusual that you're going to the extreme of picking out outfits, but so what? There are plenty of weirder things you could do. As to your other question, I don't think it's unusual that you want only girls.

Personally, as of right now I don't really have a desire to have children. This could change when I'm older.

Well let me clarify something when I said I pick out dresses for her or them. I meant like I would look at a dress and say " She`s going to wear this, she`s going to wear this with this" you know like that. Not actually buying it for the future. Now thats unusual :huh:

I prefer girls because I'm constantly surrounded by men and the career field I plan to enter consists of mostly men (Law Enforcement). I'd name my little angels Andrea, Audrey, Audrina, Katie, or Taylor! If my Wife approves of course.

It is weird to go shopping for clothes when you don't even have kids but if it makes you happy then keep doing it.

Tev:  I have 3...  and i come from all boys...   so it was a shock to our family system!  :-)    

Of course the truth is you are delighted with whatever God blesses you with.... but I am pretty glad I have three wonderful happy girls :-)

3 people like this

Tev:  I have 3...  and i come from all boys...   so it was a shock to our family system!  :-)    

Of course the truth is you are delighted with whatever God blesses you with.... but I am pretty glad I have three wonderful happy girls :-)

My dad is in the same situation. He has three girls and he grew up with just a brother. Got to feel bad for him sometimes because even the dog is a girl. lol  He seems fine with it though. 

My dad is in the same situation. He has three girls and he grew up with just a brother. Got to feel bad for him sometimes because even the dog is a girl. lol  He seems fine with it though. 

that is exactly my situation LOL... but as everyone in our home knows... the dog votes with me and has 4 paws to vote :-)

4 people like this

i want like two fo each shoot, get to take all of them shootin and muddin, teach the boys about football and such, then be able to watch my daughter dance or such, teach her extra well to shoot ahahah(thats for all the boys out there) then i get to scare her dates with all my guns, and just ys, walk her down the ille at her wedding, just 2 daughters would be great, and 2 boys would be great also

2 people like this

To chime in, yes it's a bit strange to "window shop" for your not yet created daughters.

However it's also great to see you thinking ahead.

Good one Ian, balance!

I'm with Mstr Josh on wanting balance, I.E. one boy & one girl!

However I'm nowhere near wanting a family just yet, and with the career I'm in

I'm not sure if having a family would be feasible anyhow.

I highly recommend having daughters :-)   definitely a warm moment for a Dad :-)

Estrogen notwithstanding. :P (just kidding)

1 person likes this

@Justin:  ( don't get me wrong... there are MOMENTS... LOL )

1 person likes this

I would like to have a boy for a few reasons. The most important to me would be to name him his middle and last name the same as mine in honor of my late father. Boys also generally prefer to engage in sports more so I would be able to teach him how to ski and the finer points of Golf. That said, having a daughter would be nice because I could teach her the importance of protecting her heart and values.

1 person likes this

@ Justin:  all i will say... is that I have taught all 3 kids to ski - water and snow ski (including 1 who snowboards) - and I was a team coach for more soccer and softball teams than I can count :-).   You will exercise your personal sports interest no matter which you have - I promise - and besides, I'm a big believer in sports as an important skill building (I don't mean physical skills) in terms of how to work on a team, how to be a leader and how to be a follower, how to be a "coach" etc.  Things young women need just as much - and from Dads who do the nurture/care part just as strongly :-)

You'll do great - no matter which you have or if you have both!

3 people like this

To be honest chaps you love them all as much but differently. Ok my experience

Daughter now 13 Years old Harriet. is getting more independant and loves shopping. She is lucky that she has an older daddy who can say yes more than no !! And mum enjoys her new mate too !!!! Tomorrow they go off shopping with more money than my 1st car cost !

However when she breaks up from school in the Summer (goodness knows what u call it in the states) she wants daddy time and for 2 weeks we go on board the boat and sail away wherever we desire for 14 days and those days are special and will be with me to the grave.

Ok my son Henry. He is 6. Full of beans and wears us all out. Tonight he comes u to me and tells me he would like us to spend tomorrow night on the boat. Just the two of us ( the boat is afloat 2 hours away). So tomorrow we get up ,jump in the car and spend the night afloat. Tomorrow night chaps chat to me I will need adult conversation. Lol lol. However tonight I treated him to a tablet thing so he is happy.!

Ok thats me and all in all children are lovely and deserve your best whatever goes on in life !!! Whatever the lord gives deserves our best.

Have a great weekend, Col.

3 people like this

I don't think it's weird to have a preference or think about you future kids. I actually would rather have boys (maybe because I'm a girl myself and I know what girls are like growing up). Of course I'll be happy with whatever children I'm blessed with though. But I do think about things like names sometimes, or see baby cute clothes in stores that make me think. :) 

I understand this completely! Though I think I want boys. I want a lot of kids though so the chances of having both is probably pretty high and I'll be thrilled with whatever I have. As for the clothes if its weird, then I'm weird too. I don't necessarily search out the clothes, but if I'm walking by there is a lot of "this is so adorable, when I have kids they will definitely have cute clothes like this."

Is it weird for me to only want to have girls? Now of course I will be happy with whichever God blesses my future wife and I, boy or girl, with, but me personally, I would prefer to have a baby girl or baby girls.

Yes, this is odd. Why do you not want to have a son?

Personally, I want to have both sons and daughters (at least 2 of each, maybe more). My family just wouldn't be "complete" to me if it had only sons or only daughters. I would feel that something is missing unless I have both.

Honestly, the thought of having daughters freaks me out. I was a total monster to my mom in my teen years, and a lot of girls I know have far better relationships with their dads than their moms (this was also the case with me.) It is a fact that daughters get along better with fathers and sons are usually equally okay (or not okay) with both parents. I do NOT want to be a mother to a daughter who is like I was when I was a teen (kay, I'm still 19, but almost 20!) I'm not saying I don't want ANY daughters, but I would much prefer to have sons and daughters, or just sons.

So it's not weird to have preferences. It's very natural. Almost everyone has preferences. But you take and love what you get, no matter what. :)

@LookingForTheOne I have no clue but I have thought of baby names if God blesses me with a son. Names like Kyrie and Cameron...... But its weird I want a daughter

I want a baby girl so bad! I am going to name her Juliet.

Nice name for a daughter. I hope to have family soon before 34