Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bethe

Who is considered a virgin?

10 posts in this topic

I'm sorry if this is to much controversy, but some recent thing have got me thinking. But would my fellow waiters consider a person who was raped a virgin if he or she wanted to be though of as one? For me I would as I think virginity is something that can only be given not taken by force. Thoughts.

If I was raped, I would feel like I lost my virginity even though in that case it was not mine to give. I think that would be done if someone wanted to consider themselves a virgin after that. That was not sonething within theory choice if violence was threatened. This is so sad but I know it happens.

On the other side of this, if a girl was raped but otherwise waited, I would still consider her emotionally a virgin, and would still consider her a "waiter." Maybe moreso since it would take even more strength to keep waiting after rape. I could understand if like Sally said she didn't "feel" like a virgin anymore, but I wouldn't treat her any differently. It would be a hard situation all around though, of course.

You win for most uncomfortable topic so far! Maybe that's just me though. I think the waiting thing makes me hyper-sensitive to the horribleness of rape. Like, I'm in favor of the death penalty for rapists, because in some ways what they do to the victim is worse than murder, and few of them have recoverable psychological structures anyway, so might as well cut them out like a cancer.

...Yeah, this is definitely the most uncomfortable question on here...

I would agree with Mike: I would consider them to be "emotionally" a virgin, even though they've lost their "physical" virginity. But...saying that, if it happened to me, I certainly would feel like I'd lost my virginity. And I honestly don't think I would want to go on living.

xxx

Of coures! The virginty is in the mind not the body she would defnatly still be a virgin. And if one waites after that there truly amizing this is sad but I no of sevral girls who have been sleping around with almost anyone who later told me the had arginaly planed to wait tell marag but after being raped it wast the same they could not see sex the same way of feel the same way its relly awlful that that almost always the case after that happends I couldn't judge them for it becus I don't think you can rely no inless you have been there I agree with mike its verry much like there dead inside and I agree with the death penaty for this crime. And yes this is an uncofteble topic but statiscly in the the u.s. alone 1 out of every 3 girls is sexualy asuilted look how many mebers ther are on this site. the chance someone this has hppend to reading this is not only a pasibily but extremy likley so it is worth metchaning. 5 girls (including me ) have alredy cpmmented on this post alone. But inversal I think on can not be a waiter it there doing somethings *ahem* even if there phisicaly a virgin

no i don't think they would still be a virgin, but i think they could still wait till mirage and the first time they have sex properly (by choose i mean) will be with there husband and that they just need alto of help and care to help them deal with what was taked from them,

For me there are two types.

1. Some who has not had sex and is waiting for marriage.

2. Someone who at one time had sex but, has decided to wait to atleast they found the one they know they spend the rest of their lives with

I agree that virginity can only be given an not taken by force so yes, rape victims I would consider virgins still.

I think that one loses their virginity when they have any form of sex. So imo it's not just intercourse that causes one to lose their virginity.

I personally do not believe in born again virgins. To me that's more along the lines of celibacy.