Sunny

Fashion Thread: What would you wear on a first date?

30 posts in this topic

I like this thread  ^_^

well , I am gonna say , it depends ... according to the time / place / the guy 

Let's start with the guy ...

the time :

the place : I say dress for the place ....

& either way .... it is not about what you wear , it is about how you act &  all 

be yourself :wub:

This is the best point. There is not a single perfect "first date" outfit because the variables for a first date change SO much.

My favorite summer outfit is a sundress with wedges, so that's what I wore on my first date with my husband in July. I don't usually wear much if any makeup, but that summer I had an office job with mostly women, so I was wearing a little makeup each day. I just put on a little bit more than my work makeup. Our first date was dinner at a local dress up/dress down kind of restaurant. I'd actually been there the week before in the exact same dress, so I knew it was appropriate! (Coincidence, I swear--he picked the restaurant).

Our second date was at the zoo. It closed at 7pm, so I got off work early at 4pm, and he picked me up. Thus I didn't have time to change from work clothes, so again I wore a sundress, but with cute comfy flip-flops.

Our third date, we walked to dinner, and then we met up with my friends for bar trivia. I wore my favorite shirt and a medium-length skirt with flip-flops.

Our fourth date was a picnic and bar trivia, so I wore shorts and a tank top.

I also only did the extra effort for makeup for the first date. All our dates were on week days, so I was wearing makeup, but it was the two-minute look I threw on for work each morning.

2 people like this

On a first date, I'll show some leg, and kind of dress it up, but make it look like I don't really care. I'll meet for coffee, and then pay for my own. We'll have a really long talk. 

I can't pull-off all of these looks, but it's this idea (no hats, tho): 

post-41176-0-42439000-1398550122_thumb.j

post-41176-0-15765100-1398550162_thumb.j

post-41176-0-88929200-1398550184_thumb.j

I actually have been known to wear something like this. Not on a date because I haven't been on one of those since 2012 but I try to dress like I'm going on a date whenever I go somewhere that guys will be. lol It would def work on a date though. :)

24b503230dcb56e880688f79e3f37a06.jpg

3 people like this

I actually have been known to wear something like this. Not on a date because I haven't been on one of those since 2012 but I try to dress like I'm going on a date whenever I go somewhere that guys will be. lol It would def work on a date though. :)

24b503230dcb56e880688f79e3f37a06.jpg

ARE YOU STALKING ME!? (Joking!) I would totally wear that! Except a different pattern! And I too had my last date in 2012!
1 person likes this