Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matthew

Femininity and Masculinity

11 posts in this topic

Hello, boys and girls!

I happened upon this article a while back and wanted to do a thread about it:12 Top Feminine And 12 Top Masculine Traits That Could Change Your Life

Here are the traits the article is talking about:

FEMININE

If you’re a chick (or like being feminine): Refine these qualities, really embody them and live them in every moment you get the chance to. Make them be a magical part of what other people feel from you.

If you’re a guy (or like being masculine): Realize that these have a role, they are not to be judged, they are to be leveraged to help you reach your goals.

• Surrender
  • Reception
  • Emotion
  • Radiance
  • Flow
  • Sensuality
  • Nurturing
  • Affection
  • Sharing
  • Gentleness
  • Patience
  • Love

and

MASCULINE

If you’re a guy (or like being masculine): Refine these qualities, focus on them, really perfect them and extend them as much as you can.

If you’re a chick (or like being feminine): Realize these qualities exist and they can add to your radiance, beauty, and how you connect with other human beings. You could use a little of these in your life.

• Freedom
  • Direction
  • Logic
  • Focus
  • Integrity
  • Stability
  • Passion
  • Independence
  • Discipline
  • Confidence
  • Awareness
  • Authenticity

So what do you think about these lists?

My assignment for you: pick three from the list that are most important to you or that you need to put more focus on in your life, and three you feel most important in a spouse. Feel free to mix the lists and cross over the typical gender roles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me:

-Focus

-Integrity

-Discipline

It was hard to narrow them down, but I feel like if I can achieve a high level of these three, I'll make a pretty good person as well as husband. I definitely need to work on focus and discipline. My integrity doesn't get tested all that much, so I don't know where I stand but I know it's very important to me.

For her:

-Radiance- I think of this as an inner beauty and pleasantness that shows up on her countenance

-Affection (a close winner over Sensuality)- I want hugs and kisses and little notes of love/encouragement to be regular in our relationship

-Gentleness- I hope my wife will be my Pillow/Comforter as much as she is my Rock

I hope I'll be worthy of a girl with those traits!

1 person likes this

For me; Love,Patience and Radience

For him; Logic, stability and passion

1 person likes this

Great thread

Well I have a  masculine personality for the most part, so I need improvement in almost all of those feminine traits.

For Me:

• Integrity
  • Emotion
  • Surrender

I had a hard time narrowing it down to three because like I said, I could use a lot of improvement when it comes to feminine traits. I feel as though my integrity is one of my defining qualities, and it's one of the things that I genuinely like about myself and I hope I never lose my integrity. I had a hard time choosing between emotion, sensuality, affection, and nurturing. Of everything on the entire list (including most of the masculine traits as well), those are areas I'm weakest. I chose emotion because I'm emotionally detached and I think that if I had more emotion that would help me be more sensual, affectionate, and nurturing. I am not void of emotion, its definitely there, its just that I don't allow myself to be emotional or I turn off my emotions to protect myself. I chose surrender because its not something I think I've ever done. So far, I don't trust anyone on this planet enough to surrender to them. What can I say? I'm high strung. I think it could end up being a problem if someone special comes into my life and I'm not able to surrender my heart because I think they're like everyone else.

__________________________________________________________________________________

For Him:

• Integrity
  • Confidence
  • Affection

The number one quality that I need a guy to have is integrity. If he isn't virtuous and has little to no integrity then I won't respect him. If I don't have a great deal of respect for him then I will resent him and I can't marry someone I feel that way about. Confidence is very masculine and admirable trait to me. I think a guy will absolutely need a lot of confidence and self-assuredness in order to be with me and I'm not just saying that because I find it attractive, he will require it out of necessity. I'm the kind of girl that ignores guys (because I'm shy), I probably will make him uncomfortable, I might say something that makes him feel dumb or question himself, and I won't agree with him or feed his ego just because I like or love him, and he might have to do a lot of chasing. You need confidence to tame the lioness. I prefer a quiet confidence but more outward confidence isn't bad. Affection is listed as a feminine trait He doesn't have to be clingy or touchy-feely to the max but I would really like a somewhat affectionate spouse. I have never had anyone tell me they loved me (in a genuine way), and I am pretty much affection deprived. I really am one of those people that didn't get hugged enough as a child so it would make me feel really loved to get all of the affection that I missed out on. As an honorable mention, I was going to choose Authenticity, one of the things that I resent most about most people is fakeness, but if he has a lot integrity then most likely he will have authenticity too.

I don't know if such a guy exists.

2 people like this

For me:

Focus

Confidence

Sensuality 

I picked almost all masculine qualities. I must be really feminine. lol I picked focus because while I may be passionate about my work, I lose focus whenever I feel it is becoming too difficult. Confidence is something that I am continually looking to improve especially in large groups of people. Gaining confidence will help me with the third thing, sensuality. I don't really need this right now because I am staying pure but I want to be sensual when I am married for my husband. I am very affectionate but I don't quite have the confidence to be sensual as of yet. Not in a serious manner, anyway. lol 

For him:

Affection

Stability

Authenticity

I really want my man to show me unexpected affection, to be the kind of guy who will randomly go up to me and give me a kiss or wrap his arms around me when I least expect it so I feel loved and appreciated. Stability is another important quality, I want to be confident that he will not take off or change his mind and leave me. I guess I have abandonment issues since I fear this. I am willing to work on this but there are some things that a man can do to assure his wife that he is not leaving her, which goes in hand with showing love and affection. Authenticity is also very important because I agree with Sunny, there is not much worse than someone being fake. A person can always sense it when someone is being fake.     

2 people like this

I don't know if such a guy exists.

Then you're setting yourself up for failure: settling. Over course men with integrity "exist"...they're just outnumbered by the pigs. I know where you're coming from though. It seems to me American women today have little idea what it means to be feminine...I firmly believe integrity is one of the primordial foundations of inner strength. Problem is, women today are too "liberated" to care about such things. Its all about having a good time ("Me, me, me, me!"). All a guy needs is a six pack and the right coy lines.

2 people like this

For me

Logic

Passion

FREEDOM--TRUE FREEDOM

For her

Nurturing 

Patience 

Love

1 person likes this

Then you're setting yourself up for failure: settling. Over course men with integrity "exist"...they're just outnumbered by the pigs. I know where you're coming from though. It seems to me American women today have little idea what it means to be feminine...I firmly believe integrity is one of the primordial foundations of inner strength. Problem is, women today are too "liberated" to care about such things. Its all about having a good time ("Me, me, me, me!"). All a guy needs is a six pack and the right coy lines.

Okay...to me that's not setting myself up for failure, that's acknowledging it as a possibility. I didn't mean it in a Debbie Downer way. If I say that there's a possibility that I may die at this exact moment, is that setting myself up for death? What makes you think I will settle? I said in my post that I cannot marry a guy that I don't respect. That's the opposite of settling.

I wasn't  even referring to only the integrity but all three of the traits I listed in one person. So maybe this guy exists? But who's to say that I will ever meet him? Or even if I do meet him, how can I be 100% sure that I will be what he wants in a girl? Even if I meet him, and we hit off, who is to say we'll make it to becoming spouses? I think its normal to question if you'll be able to find someone like that exists if you haven't seen  any examples of anyone like that in your personal life. Also I have a very strict parameters on what I consider a person with integrity.

This is neat!

For a husband-integrity, authenticity, affection-

For me-patience, love, affection (most important)-That feminine list actually lists many of my traits. If anything, I need to work on masculine traits like confidence-

For me

Logic

Passion

FREEDOM--TRUE FREEDOM

For her

Nurturing 

Patience 

Love

What does "true freedom" for a man actually mean?  (I'm clueless) :huh:

1 person likes this

Looking at the list of feminine traits and realizing that I barely have any of those. lol. Seriously, I am way more "masculine" than feminine, according to that list. Like 95% masculine.

• Freedom
  • Direction
  • Logic
  • Integrity
  • Stability
  • Independence
  • Awareness
  • Authenticity

I think I have all of those. My main three: logic, independence, and freedom.

What I want in a guy is: stability, love, and logic. It's hard to narrow it down though.