Michael G.

ok girls, what do y'all think about fighting

45 posts in this topic

Now i am a country boy and i like to fight, do you think it is ok for a man to fight for fun, self-defence, defending you, or in anger. Do yall agree with it,think it is wrong, would you ask your man not to fight, to fight or???

2 people like this

I'd want him not to fight if he could avoid it. ESPECIALLY do not agree with fighting/any kind of violence out of anger. That's not how conflicts shoud be approached I believe, no matter how much you might wanna slap someone!

I suppose if MMA and that sort of stuff was his thing/hobby, I'd try to respect it, but it would definitely take some getting used to

Of course, injuries are going to concern me, as well as that tone of physical violence... but I'm sure that's not what it is really about, and theres valid reasons for the interest.

Anyway, Just a playful wrestle, tumbling/horseplaying here and there is okay :)

I do think training in martial arts, tai chi, that sort of stuff is good though for health benefits and defense  :)

4 people like this

Well, it depends on why there is fighting. Out of anger...no. For fun, I could try and be okay with that but I think I would be lying to myself. Out of self defense, also depends if they are just going to try and steal but not hurt you I'd rather just give them the wallet, but if they are trying to harm/kill I'd rather fight and have a chance of living then just let them do it.

In terms of honor, i think a man should be allowed to fight, if someone disrepects you, and/or you feel it warrants using your fists then that is for the man to decide. Women generally are passive, and we prefer all other alternatives as opposed to phyiscally fighting, whereas, it has been engrained in many men for thousands of years to fight. It use to be a right of passage for how teenage boys became men, and there are alot of important lessons that can be taught from and about fighting. 

On a side note... if your man ever did get into a fight.. guess who gets to play nurse..  ;)  :wub:

4 people like this

Just gonna add my thought here, fighting out of anger because someone said something or disrespected you is a quick way to end up in jail if you throw the first punch, Felony level Assault charges. No matter what they say, you cannot legally hit them.

Someone disrespects you, of course your first impulse is to get physical. But I believe a man needs to be in control of his emotions, to know discipline and restraint. I want to study martial arts for this very reason. Yes, I'd be upset with a man who made some coy remark about my wife or girlfriend, but damned if I'd get into a physical confrontation over a woman any other time. 

1 person likes this

Unless it's self defense and you absolutely can't avoid it, it's not okay. I don't think fighting for any reason should be okay, violence is never the right way. 

3 people like this

ok for all you girls then, word to the wise dont marry or get with a country boy or redenck, fightin is fun.

ok for all you girls then, word to the wise dont marry or get with a country boy or redenck, fightin is fun.

Not all country boys fight.

4 people like this

I'm sure fighting is fun after someone has pressed charges on you and your doing a year or paying 5000 - 10000 dollars for a felony assault charge.

3 people like this

this is why josh i only fight with real men and not little cop callers, real men fight without having to call the cops, because  if you call the cops for fightign then you lost badly are sore about it and arnt a real man, and hannah all the ones i know fight thats just my city then.

And true men don't fight at all.

bahahahah lol ummm where i am from ya they do, if you dont you are a scared little boy, thats life where i live, maybe not where you are at but men fight, little boys wuss out.

Little boys are the only ones who don't fight? Please explain to me how Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Monks and more, are "wusses"?

1 person likes this

bahahahah lol ummm where i am from ya they do, if you dont you are a scared little boy, thats life where i live, maybe not where you are at but men fight, little boys wuss out.

I think what Josh is getting at is that violence should always be a last resort if not a non-option. Someone starts it, sure, you have every right to finish it. But using diplomacy--defusing a situation--and wussing out are two different things. 

4 people like this

But I won't lie, kicking back can be necessary sometimes. There are people in this world who only understand such, so I've learned.

1 person likes this

I dont think fighting is ever necessary unless your life is threatened everything besides that is petty and not worth the energy or consequences. I believe a real man is assertive, firm, and stands his ground but he doesnt have to call anyone names or lay his hand on anyone to get his point across. Now its different if you into boxing/martial arts that is a sport, and is a good release of energy without physically hurting anyone or causing any conflict.

2 people like this

i posted this trhead cause i wanted to see the responce, and the responce wasnt what i thought i would get, toher then waiting for you, love that comment by the way, and i am intrigued why, why do ya'all think that way(other then waitign for you)  i dont understand it personaly.

Guy Response: Hey man, guess I would try and avoid getting into a fight just for the 'fun' of it unless it was strictly amongst friends; but even then I don't want to really hurt my friends. I get your point of view cause I grew up in Colorado, I'm in the armed-forces, and have family from the South. But if you wanna fight just for 'kicks' I recommend getting into MMA (I have) which is a great way to get the 'high' if that’s your thing. I agree with standing up for your honor, your woman/family, and having your buddy’s' back; but never start it, if you can avoid it do so, and only if it’s in good reason. With regards to deciding whether to get in a fight I use a warriors’ view point. If you’re gonna get into a real fight or 'street-fight' then it had better be for a real reason such as self-defense or a 'life or death' situation. Because any fight I go into means I am going in with the mindset to severely injure, maim, or kill my opponent. So if it doesn’t warrant that kind of a response I say just forget it and be man enough to walk away.

1 person likes this

eh you know fightin is fightin, i was amongest friends and such, and had a good time, its called havin fun.

For fun: the closest I've come to fighting was wrestling with my brother and a few guys from my youth group a few years ago. It was pretty much wanna-be MMA minus kicking and punching (and skill. lol). I could hold my own and I admit I got a thrill out of it, but I had to be talked into participating. I seemed to be the only one who felt that choking each other till tap-out was dangerous and unwise. And I didn't really enjoy all the feelings of superiority and inferiority that seemed to go along with it. I think to some degree the desire to fight and/or react to things with violence is a by-product of being a man, but hardly a criterion for it. But if you enjoy it, no one is being pressured into it (everyone participating is completely willing), and you're safe about it, then I don't see anything wrong with fighting for sport. Just not my thing (though I admit I've fantasized about joining a fight league or beating up would-be muggers to save a damsel in distress). In defense: Can be totally justified, depending on the situation. I do want to take up some martial art for fitness, discipline and the ability to defend myself and people with me. In anger: almost never right; only if the anger is justified, but then that might fall under defense. I imagine if I got into a fight out of anger over something petty I'd end up feeling ashamed, small and worthless. Best to avoid that.

im a country boy as well and I too don't believe fighting is the answer unless you trying to protect someone you love or cant avoid it otherwise. as a Christian I try to be like Christ and he wouldn't fight instead he'd turn the other cheek. fighting for fun well for one doesn't seem like much fun at all and I don't see how someone could get a thrill out of hurting their friends or anyone else just for kicks. I understand a man needs to be strong and protect his girlfriend or his wife but I don't think fighting is a good way to make you stronger or tougher. you wanna be strong just lift weights or go to a gym and workout, you wanna be tough and prove you have nerves of steel then go ride a bull, your not hurting anyone except maybe yourself and show your a true cowboy. personally ive never rode one but I so want to lol, my cousin did it for years till he was in his late 30s and gave it up cuz his back is out of shape and occasionally he will get like pinched nerves In his back that makes him twitch.

6 people like this

Fighting should be used as last resort, when defending oneself or protecting others. I don't approve of violence or anyone who thinks senseless violence is okay. If he's into MMA or something like that I can accept it if and only if he does it for a living, meaning he's getting paid to do it. If gets in street brawls just because he thinks fighting is fun and he's got a lot of pent up aggression then no más.

Wow glad I'm over 30 all that testosterone. Phew........

Testosterone makes you want to fight? :wacko: