Michael G.

ok GUNS!!! :D

26 posts in this topic

Ok first off this is made for those that have a gun or want a gun, im just askin what guns ya'all have on your wishlist. Now i do not want this to turn into a debate thread because it is not ment to be that way. so i wish for liberals and other anti-gun folk to not post anything against guns thank you :)

now to business my dream gun is the M1 garand, specifically the M1D the sniper variant of the weapon, it is a very hard weapon to find but it will be mine at somepoint

http://m1garand.net/M1Pics/Chris/m1d/more/pages/1.html

now another on my wish list is a arma-lite .50 and the car-10, the arma is a sniper rifle, or i should say an anti-vehicle sniper rifle, and the car-10 is a hunting arms,the arma is a .50cal and is a bolt-action,the car-10 is semi-auto and a .308.

the first one s the arma-lite

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AR50_A1B_50BMG.jpg#file

now here is the car-10

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ar10t.jpg#file

ok now i would like to hear about ya'alls and or see them. Love yall Go Guns

Vince is going to post pages, and pages and pages on this topic lol. 

I didn't grow up around guns and I ended up firing my first one at age 23 I think. I fired a Glock .9mm and a Glock .40cal. While loading the gun I was nervous because I realized the awesome power of holding a firearm. Thinking to myself "I could end someone's life right now." It gave me a huge wakeup call in two ways. 1) That guns need to be respected as they are VERY dangerous. And the 2) that anytime in movies when the action hero is cart-wheeling down a flight of stairs unloading a gun and their hand is not moving is totally fake. After firing the Glock .40cal my hand hurt LOL. So movies are so fake. Furthermore, guns are really loud. When I went to the range for a second time I brought ear plugs which I used on top of the head cover. So when someone fires a gun at close range (for example: the firing scene in Godzilla (1998) where all the military people are firing.... yeah you would all be deaf lol)

2 people like this

As of right now, I only own a Marlin .22 rifle that's really not good for much beyond shooting down butterflies (which only rarely comes in handy, having never eaten or been burgularized by a butterfly).  I've blasted many a Dr. Pepper can to smithereens with it, though.

What I really want is a Taurus Judge Revolving Shotgun/Rifle.  It's versatile, and, most importantly, it looks cool.

CircuitJudge.jpg

I have a Remington 870 but I'd really like to upgrade to the Remington 1187 semi auto, camo...yeah baby. I've also hunted with a guy that has a marlin .44 rifle...great deer hunting rifle, light and accurate. And in Indiana we don't have much choice as far as hunting rifles go, most are illegal (.30-6 etc.) but you CAN use a marlin .44 so I'd consider getting one of those.

As of right now, I only own a Marlin .22 rifle that's really not good for much beyond shooting down butterflies (which only rarely comes in handy, having never eaten or been burgularized by a butterfly).  I've blasted many a Dr. Pepper can to smithereens with it, though.

What I really want is a Taurus Judge Revolving Shotgun/Rifle.  It's versatile, and, most importantly, it looks cool.

CircuitJudge.jpg

nice man nice, marlins ya, if you know hwo to shoot, you can kill alot of stuff, illegaly of course :P, but that is a sexy looking shotgun./rifle combo. i like

I have a Remington 870 but I'd really like to upgrade to the Remington 1187 semi auto, camo...yeah baby. I've also hunted with a guy that has a marlin .44 rifle...great deer hunting rifle, light and accurate. And in Indiana we don't have much choice as far as hunting rifles go, most are illegal (.30-6 etc.) but you CAN use a marlin .44 so I'd consider getting one of those.

hahahah DD i gots an 1100 its great, i have a video on here with it :), its my baby, i dont like remington though prefer mossberg for my shotguns. and also marlin .44s are great seen them shoot just wow hahahahah it iwas great, biggest though i have shot is a 7.62x54, little bigger thena  .308.   

Vince is going to post pages, and pages and pages on this topic lol. 

I didn't grow up around guns and I ended up firing my first one at age 23 I think. I fired a Glock .9mm and a Glock .40cal. While loading the gun I was nervous because I realized the awesome power of holding a firearm. Thinking to myself "I could end someone's life right now." It gave me a huge wakeup call in two ways. 1) That guns need to be respected as they are VERY dangerous. And the 2) that anytime in movies when the action hero is cart-wheeling down a flight of stairs unloading a gun and their hand is not moving is totally fake. After firing the Glock .40cal my hand hurt LOL. So movies are so fake. Furthermore, guns are really loud. When I went to the range for a second time I brought ear plugs which I used on top of the head cover. So when someone fires a gun at close range (for example: the firing scene in Godzilla (1998) where all the military people are firing.... yeah you would all be deaf lol)

um ok??? ahahahah first of all, my hand doesnt move, uless im shooting a big bore revolver, like a .44or a 500 s&w, only time, i have fired glock nines to kimber .45s and my hand doesnt move, i also shoot one handed, i shoot big bore rifles with out them moviing up, fired 20rnds out of a m14 .308,, wihtout it moving too much up, and i shoot all guns without ear pro and can hear fine. i also am 6ft 6in tall and stout as sasquatch. so ya thought id note that.

Hello guys,

This is a real interesting/odd one for me as things here in the UK are so different. Complicated by the fact that historically I have had nothing or little to do with American people other than an American girl who visited Coventry my home town, took me out broke my heart,and at the time impressed me with her wealth and then disappeared as soon as she arrived. ,!!!

Here people don't have guns at all. If even the most respected crook/rogue. (Poss bad wording). Has a gun they get shopped to the police and pretty much hung for it. Guns other than for strict sport are not encouraged. I like the thought of playing with a gun for sport etc but have not bothered as its hard to do.

So here I am. I see some of you chaps who i love and respect chatting about guns (even the girls) and I think ? Well hey ok that's the culture over there but ooops is that good or bad.?? But it's very very odd for me. So please chaps if I question serious crime rates etc etc its nothing personal just different from here in sleepy England. And although I never wanted to visit the USA historically now I'm ready to book my plane ticket.

In case I forget chaps and chapresses have a great Easter. Col.

3 people like this

The best is when you type into YouTube "Desert Eagle Fail" and it shows someone fire the gun and knock them self out.

um ok??? ahahahah first of all, my hand doesnt move, uless im shooting a big bore revolver, like a .44or a 500 s&w, only time, i have fired glock nines to kimber .45s and my hand doesnt move, i also shoot one handed, i shoot big bore rifles with out them moviing up, fired 20rnds out of a m14 .308,, wihtout it moving too much up, and i shoot all guns without ear pro and can hear fine. i also am 6ft 6in tall and stout as sasquatch. so ya thought id note that.

Hey Micheal G.

You have a lot of experience with guns. I was merely speaking to my very limited experience of guns. No worries.

I'm so ashamed....How did I not do a guns related thread the entire time I was here? Well, time to clear myself of my sins.

I have Glock 26 with an extended mag grip that holds 2 extra rounds for concealed carry.12 rounds of 9mm plus 1 in the chamber and an extra mag that I never leave home without. I also got a Saiga AK47 and a Ruger SR1911.

Here are the guns I want:

This is a Colt Python. It is the Rolls Royce of all double-action revolvers. Colt stopped making them years ago so the prices are ridiculous now. You can only really find one either through a private sale or if someone trades one in at a store.

Picture1599.jpg

Yet another one from Colt. This is a AR15 Model 6920, the semi-auto version of the model our military uses. Which means all the parts are mil-spec and high quality for a decent price.

6920_Class.jpg

A custom engraved 1911. Probably not like the one here exactly. I would engrave a Bible verse or something meaningful to me personally. This would be a family heirloom that I would pass on to my children and then to their children.

nh-masters_1_xl.jpg

Finally (for now) the Winchester 1866 "Yellow Boy" lever action rifle. The name comes from the receiver being made of brass. It's nostalgic and a beautiful gun. It was a huge improvement over the original Henry repeating rifle. It can hold 15 rounds of .44 Magnum plus 1 in the chamber so it packs a lot of firepower for it's time. 

1866_yellowboy_rifle_lg.jpg

1 person likes this

post-1894-0-31145000-1364653620_thumb.jp

I cant believe i didnt post a picture of my gun! This is the batman bubble gun, yes it is badass.. dont mess with me.. or you will be BUBBLED OUT! :P trololololololol

5 people like this

Called it in the air. I knew Vince was going to drool over this thread :P (love you man lol)

1 person likes this

I'm so ashamed....How did I not do a guns related thread the entire time I was here? Well, time to clear myself of my sins.

I have Glock 26 with an extended mag grip that holds 2 extra rounds for concealed carry.12 rounds of 9mm plus 1 in the chamber and an extra mag that I never leave home without. I also got a Saiga AK47 and a Ruger SR1911.

Here are the guns I want:

This is a Colt Python. It is the Rolls Royce of all double-action revolvers. Colt stopped making them years ago so the prices are ridiculous now. You can only really find one either through a private sale or if someone trades one in at a store.

adsc07814.jpg

Yet another one from Colt. This is a AR15 Model 6920, the semi-auto version of the model our military uses. Which means all the parts are mil-spec and high quality for a decent price.

003-1.jpg

A custom engraved 1911. Probably not like the one here exactly. I would engrave a Bible verse or something meaningful to me personally. This would be a family heirloom that I would pass on to my children and then to their children.

nh-masters_1_xl.jpg

Finally (for now) the Winchester 1866 "Yellow Boy" lever action rifle. The name comes from the receiver being made of brass. It's nostalgic and a beautiful gun. It was a huge improvement over the original Henry repeating rifle. It can hold 15 rounds of .44 Magnum plus 1 in the chamber so it packs a lot of firepower for it's time. 

Winchester_66_yellow_boy.jpg

Vince i am in love with these guns hahaha they are all great, still like the oens i put up better hahaha

attachicon.gifpost-1273-041635600 1283318090.jpg

I cant believe i didnt post a picture of my gun! This is the batman bubble gun, yes it is badass.. dont mess with me.. or you will be BUBBLED OUT! :P trololololololol

hahahah i love that gun its sooo power full cause its batman

Called it in the air. I knew Vince was going to drool over this thread :P (love you man lol)

Ihahaha you sure did

Well I'm up to 12 that I own. With only one that I am gonna get rid of (looks and feels great, but the accuracy is pathetic) by pathetic I mean professional shooters at 20 yards can only get 3 inch groupings, useless. Right now I really want a 357 probably a Taurus or Ruger. Gonna have to really start reloading. You cannot buy bullets where I'm at.

2 people like this

Sorry if I'm kinda taking this a little off topic (should I have started another thread?), but I was wondering if anyone had any advice--I want to get my CCW within the next year, and I have no idea what I would want to get as far as the actual gun. I have some experience with shotguns, but I'll be the first to admit that I know next to nothing about handguns. The only reason I need it is because I often work in isolated situations and/or by myself and I would like to be carrying something a little scarier than mace just in case I get into a bad situation. I would prefer it to be as small and light as possible, but other than that I have no idea what I would want to get. Any suggestions?

2 people like this

Sorry if I'm kinda taking this a little off topic (should I have started another thread?), but I was wondering if anyone had any advice--I want to get my CCW within the next year, and I have no idea what I would want to get as far as the actual gun. I have some experience with shotguns, but I'll be the first to admit that I know next to nothing about handguns. The only reason I need it is because I often work in isolated situations and/or by myself and I would like to be carrying something a little scarier than mace just in case I get into a bad situation. I would prefer it to be as small and light as possible, but other than that I have no idea what I would want to get. Any suggestions?

Ok you need to take a trainign course for handguns first, or have someone you know who has a handgun show you and teach you about it, then i would recommend doing ccw with a .45, and a .45-70 for the revolver, because if yyou do it with that and you will bascialy be able to use any handgun in the world for ccw

1 person likes this

Hey Piper! I totally encourage you to get your CCW ASAP. We need more women protecting themselves. No one can make that decision of what gun you should get except you. Everyone has different needs. Go to a range and try out a variety of guns to see what works for you. Even if you settle on a tiny .22 handgun, it's better than no gun. Whatever you end up choosing, practice with it as much as you can. Having a gun is only part of the equation, you need to be able to be confident with it. When you get your CCW, carry your gun as much as you can.

3 people like this

On the topic of guns have any of you ever used Tannerite? If you haven't, and you have a high powered with plenty of shooting space I HIGHLY recommend it!

Hey Piper! I totally encourage you to get your CCW ASAP. We need more women protecting themselves. No one can make that decision of what gun you should get except you. Everyone has different needs. Go to a range and try out a variety of guns to see what works for you. Even if you settle on a tiny .22 handgun, it's better than no gun. Whatever you end up choosing, practice with it as much as you can. Having a gun is only part of the equation, you need to be able to be confident with it. When you get your CCW, carry your gun as much as you can.

but make sure you know the laws

What would you guys recommend for first time buyers of a rifle?

I've thoroughly enjoyed my .22, I only got it because I heard .22's are easy to use for beginners :P

What would you guys recommend for first time buyers of a rifle?

Ultimately, it's best for you to go to a range and rent and try a variety of rifles to see which you like (HA!, Try before you buy :) ) Buying a gun is a lot like buying a car. Everyone has different needs and tastes. You have to make the decision yourself.

That being said, I can make recommendations on where to start. For a first time rifle, you can't go wrong with a .22 LR rifle. No kick what soever and ammo is relatively cheap. The best .22 rifle IMO is this Ruger 10/22:

ruger-1022.jpg

It's the flagship .22 rifle by any standard. Solidly built and will last you a life time :)

1 person likes this