Weapon X

What kind of wedding would you like to have ladies?

26 posts in this topic

Big grand wedding that's very expensive?

Small family gathering with few guests?

Somewhere in between the two?

How About Where?

Church, beach, mountains, city etc....

Hmm, I when I think about this I go back anf forth a lot. But, I think pretty small (around 50) and relatively laid back. Don't get me wrong, I want it to be beautiful and sophisticated, but I don't want it to be this huge, stressful thing. As for location my family owns a lot of land and part of that is a, pasture on tip of a hill overlooking a river that is absolutely beautiful! As for a reception I like the idea of an outdoor BBQ/potluck. Then again, this is probably awhile down the road so who knows how I'll feel then.

1 person likes this

This is something I thought of since I was a little girl. I would obviously ask my hubby to be (who ever he may be lol) what he wants too, so we can do something we both like. I have always wanted a nice traditional wedding, with a band, in a banquet hall, etc. I would definitely want all of my family to be there (extended included) and I'm sure he would want his there too. Inviting friends is a must obviously. There are so many other people to think about though, inviting your boss and coworkers you've become close with, other people you may know that you would like to attend, etc. So, I think in this case, not a small wedding, but not over the top huge wedding either. Somewhere in between would be nice, not too big, but not too small either, something just right. I think for the location a banquet hall would be just fine.

I can't see myself having a big or even medium sized wedding unless my husband has a bunch of family and friends and absolutely must have a grand wedding, because mine is small in number, so most likely if I have a wedding it will be small (under 50 people) or very small (only immediate family and select few friends invited). To be honest I don't think I want to have a wedding at all. I just want a honey moon.

4 people like this

I want two weddings :D The first one I want it to be small and very intimate very few friends and family because I want the focus to be on the form of our union...maybe on the beach somewhere I want my dress to be light and not a big deal.  Again to focus on our coming together barefoot on beach I want him to wear white too and a foot washing ceremony.

Then a decade or so later I want to have another wedding to celebrate the union, our journey and many more years to come.  This one will be bigger with a gorgeous dress I dont know where it would be or who would be coming but it will be fun. :)

2 people like this

To be honest, I don't want a wedding. I've always felt it was a very private thing, to promise yourself to someone for the rest of your life, saying those special, intimate words to one another. I've never wanted an audience for that. My dream? Well, that's something I'm not willing to share, sorry! But I can assure you, I don't have plans for that day to be like any other. If having a wedding was something very important to him, than we'd have to compromise somewhere, and I'm okay with that.

2 people like this

A Catholic ceremony with Final Fantasy IV themed reception is what me and my boyfriend are dreaming of since that game kind of brought us together and he is a HUGE Final Fantasy IV fanatic that owns all physical copies of Final Fantasy IV and has played it probably hundreds of times and knows the game inside and out (it will still have some subtle hints in the ceremony like my dream Rosa dress and maybe my maid of honor with something Rydia-inspired that isn't too costumey, which, unless I make some female friends, I might only have one maid-of-honor, and then ring-bearer and flower-girl dressed in something Palom and Porom-inspired that also isn't too costumey and stuff like that, but it will mostly be a standard Catholic ceremony)

It will probably be fairly big too.

An hour away from me is a perfect reception hall that looks like Castle Baron too. 

What can I say? We're both nerds! 

1 person likes this

Medium sized. I would want to have a lot of people there to celebrate a day that I've been dreaming about for years and years but I wouldn't want to go broke for a ceremony that when it comes down to it isn't all that important compared to the marriage. However, I do love weddings and I love to decorate, plan special occasions with others. The wedding day should be special because you are bonding two lives together. In order to have a grand day, you don't need to spend too much but you may have to splurge a bit, so I think a medium sized wedding with a nice reception afterwards would be best for me. 

I have always wanted a wedding.....especially to have it held in the church I have been with my entire life!!! In the Bible, weddings have & always were GRAND celebrations! Jesus preformed His first miracle at a wedding feast!! They lasted for several days, lots of food & feasting and the ENTIRE community was invited. A wedding is to mirror Christ (Bridegroom) coming for His church (Bride) having waited for her & she being ready to recieve Him, pure & glorious!! It is a union before God, honoring God & the sacredness of marriage....So need less to say....My wedding will be LARGE! Lol!! Their are so many who will have waited excitedly & prayed for that day for me!!! They were meant to be joyous, with all who have been an entricate part of this journey with you!!!!

3 people like this

None. I have never liked weddings and I would not want one. The thought of having to decide themes, dress,colour, invites and all that comes with it just makes me hate it even more....If it were possible to get married online... *sighs* I can only hope my future husband is not a wedding enthusiast

With that said, being that am catholic I have to get married in a church so ideally I would just have it done in the church or @ the priest/catechists' office get a cert then just hurry to the honeymoon.

I think that the time and money saved would really come in handy during the honeymoon :)

1 person likes this

What kind of wedding do I want?  One that I can just show up to.  :) 

2 people like this

Well if I could I would just not invite anyone to the ceremony where you like say the vows and stuff. Just have it where it's me, the person I am marrying, and the person who will uhm marry us like a pastor. Thinking about getting married infront of other people makes me feel nervous. But if I do get married I know it won't happen like that, so I would just invite my close family and friends, then have a reception with everyone else (still not too much people).

So I'm traditional so I want a church wedding. I don't feel that if it took place anywhere else that it's a real wedding and becomes more of a joke when people are getting married jumping out of planes and underwater etc.

I want a small intimate wedding. I feel my declaration of love and how I want to be with my fiancé forever etc is a highly intimate and personal experience one I wouldn't want to do in front of the whole world and their uncle but very close friends and close members of family, people that I know well and feel connected to. When you've got genetically/emotionally distant relatives and friends of friends or friends you haven't seen or spoken to in years and barely consider them to be friends anymore but more acquaintances, it feels like you're putting on a show and performing for a crowd but a wedding shouldn't be like that.

I want everything to be meaningful and unpretentious and a big wedding wouldn't help me achieve that.

As for the reception, I have no idea. I haven't thought about it really but I hate being the centre of attention especially at parties in fact I've never had a party for that reason so I can't imagine me in the centre of a dancefloor dancing with my husband and everyone watching. Maybe I'll have a small reception too, not sure yet but I'm sure I've got donkeys years to think about it.

I would like a small wedding. I'd just get too nervous around too many people. Also a big wedding might be a distraction from what really matters and that is me and my fiancée's becoming married.

Many of the weddings I've seen take place in church. I don't see anything romantic or ideal about a church. Sure I believe in God but that doesn't mean it has to be in church. I would like a natural setting. Beach or somewhere in the mountains would be great.

I was married in blue jeans and a sweater at the local courthouse with only his mother and step father present...

When I marry my one true love chosen by God, I hope to wear a beautiful gown, surrounded by loved ones, family and friends. I would love a church wedding in December, but I also would love to be married at "Pretty Place" in Brevard N.C. in either Spring or Fall.  Google it, it's breath taking!  

1 person likes this

Big grand wedding that's very expensive?

Small family gathering with few guests?

Somewhere in between the two?

How About Where?

Church, beach, mountains, city etc....

CINDERELLA winter wedding. But number one is the man. I want a man I'm completely in love with who is completely in love with me, faults and all. Wedding wise, my number one concern (besides the groom) is the dress. I want to design my own fairy tale princess gown. And I def want to get married in the winter (who wants to hug all their friends and family when you're all hot and sweaty?). But ultimately, I hope that I'm so happy I create a wedding that is something wonderful for both me and my future husband.

1 person likes this

I just want us both to feel like royalty it's his day as well as mine, no bridezilla here.

Samsies! Although I def have the potential to be a total bridezilla, so I'll have to keep that in check.

I was married in blue jeans and a sweater at the local courthouse with only his mother and step father present...

When I marry my one true love chosen by God, I hope to wear a beautiful gown, surrounded by loved ones, family and friends. I would love a church wedding in December, but I also would love to be married at "Pretty Place" in Brevard N.C. in either Spring or Fall.  Google it, it's breath taking!  

So you have been married before? I'm sorry it didn't work out.

I need a spring or summer wedding.. I know that for sure. Maybe I'll know more later ;). (NEVER EVER winter I cant deal :P)

So you have been married before? I'm sorry it didn't work out.

Thank you for the sentiment Samantha, but no need feeling sorry. I have taken plenty of time to heal.

I have hope for a wonderful future with the husband God has chosen for me.  

2 people like this

Okay, I've been thinking about this (probably because the guy I like is in med school and has no money :).) If something like that were the case I would gladly not have a wedding. We can go to the courthouse with our best friend/closest family and then go out to dinner after. I would rather be married to the love of my life than wait for us to have enough money to have a wedding.

3 people like this

I just found out that you can get married at the Pantheon in Rome so that has gone straight to the top of my dream wedding list! It's one of my favourite buildings in the world and getting married there would be incredible.

post-19479-0-49264000-1402845550_thumb.j

post-19479-0-05456800-1402845566_thumb.j

6 people like this

I would love a small wedding, as I have a pretty simple down to earth personality.

The problem is, I have more than a hundred 'close family' because both my parents have many siblings... and that's just my side of the family.

And traditionally, our culture calls for three or four day weddings.

AND if you don't do some of the ceremonies, some of the elder family members get offended and hurt.

So I've decided to demand the 'simple' part by just having a very very simple wedding dress, a cheap hall, and a caterer which is very low-priced.

But it's still going to be unnecessarily overdone and expensive

*groan*.

1 person likes this