Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest markb4

Have you ever been liked by a guy, but...

13 posts in this topic

Hey Girls,

I thought of another question to ask, lol. Just wondering have you ever been liked by a guy, but you personally didn't like him/didn't reciprocate his love? If so, what did you do about it/how did you tell him that you weren't interested? Love to hear ur answers!

Yes. I'm like beau (yes I always read the guys section to haha) , I've ignored a got before, which was bad but I was only 15. We started talking shaving layer since we have friends in common and remain friendly. Another got more recently addmisted how much he liked me VIA text while at a bachelor party for his friend. He is also WTM but I'm not atracted to him, tho I enjoy talking to him and hanging out with in. I tried to ignore the texts bit he wasn't thaaat drunk. I tried to "nicely" tell him I wasn't interested, but there's really no way to say that :P he told me to tone down the charm in the future. My friend who knows both of us just said that not my fault, just that he happened to get more feelings for Mr than me for him. Ugh that's never fun ugh

YES Markb4! I dunno I've kinda just accepted it when it happens and now I just ignore it like whatever because, for me personally, I can totally like pretty much say "when a guy is my friend and once he hits the friend zone there's no going back...you are such a great friend _______" and they still won't get it.Or I'll just say, "I'm not interested in dating I want to be single." For example, one of my guy friends, that other friends tell me is in love with me and I think he is because he says stuff like about us getting married and realizing we are the one for one another but I"m totally not interested in him and, unfortunately, never will be. That's just weird. Most of the time I usually avoid them or don't look at them so I don't lead them on once I know it's reached the point where they want to date me, but sometimes it was too late and they just became obesessed. My mistake is, from what others have told me, is I'm too dang nice and guys take it that they may have a chance when I"m not interested so it's really my fault but those are things I do.

What about you Markb4??

OHG, same thing happens to be--too nice/friendly ugh. Just interested like any other friend, you know? And it's taken the wrong way =/I'd be flirty if I was interested in more than a friend dang it.

Cool answers, and to answer your question OHG, I don't think I've ever been liked by a girl, or if I ever was, she never told me nor did I see it. So, thankfully I never had to be in this awkward scenario :) .

Oh my god thanks for asking this I so suck at this I have only regected one guy b4 (not included jerkwads had plunty of theme no problem there). I totaly didt no what to say I started making up ecucuses why it woudldnt work out all of which he pointed out wernt viable so it was like omg take a hint finaly after a rediclus amout of time I had to go with the trouth that I just wasn't into him. Which I felt offel about intell recently when he got a girl friend :-) lol

Not many guys like me. I'm a lot to take in O_o

It's happened more the other way around for me (liking guys that don't like me).

But it has happened a few times. The most recent time this has happened, I didn't know he liked me for a while. I just figured he was super friendly person. But then he asked me out and I was like O_o

I just ignored the fact that he asked me out. Then every time I saw him after that he kept asking me even though I told him I wasn't interested. I saw him again last week and I left before he even got a chance to talk to me again. He won't seem to get the idea and I don't want to have to be ugly.

Honestly I don't know what to do in this type of situation. It's just very bad and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I can relate so I know for a fact that there's no nice way of turning someone down.

I've had it happen a few times. two of the guys were (and still are) really close friends of mine. and another is a friend, but we really don't know eachother that well. a lot of times I'll just ignore it, if it's just flirting, but if they actually say something, then I'll say something along the lines of "you're a great friend, but I just don't see you that way. I'm sorry." and depending on the person we might talk about it.

One of them doesn't push it too much, the other two will bring it up again sometimes, which leads to hurt feelings on both ends cause I feel bad for not liking them and they feel bad for me not liking them. but it can't really be helped. Especially since I have a boyfriend. it complicates things...

I am 18 and I have a very innocent mind and disposition, I believe. There have been a couple of times that guys have shown interest in me and that freaked me out quite a bit. I didn't know how (still don't) to deal with that and I solved the problem using avoidance. It's not like they were at all serious about me, but I know I could have handled that a bit better. Still, I was 15 and 17 when that happened. I don't feel at all ready to date yet, so I don't socialize with any guys. I also don't know how to, because i went to an all-girls school for 12 years.

Well personally sophie your guna have to work on socializing with guys cause eventually you will find a guy who you think is cute and your guna wanna talk to him and not be stuttering or acting a fool:P What I would advise you to do find a friend that is a girl who doesnt have a problem talking to guys and be her wingwomen :P That way when your around a guy it isnt a nerve racking since you have a friend there to help you in case the spotlight gets put on you. I say this because if that does happen she'll be able to take it off you If she notices that you start getting nervous and if you can take it she wont jump in or interupt. Make sense?

Lol the famous line "YOur a great guy, but I can only see you as a friend" I have had this line told to me and its probably one of the worst things to hear. Like literally your heart drops when u hear that line. But more importantly most guys once you tell them that give up and stop trying to like you BUT

Occasionally, they will continue to like you. Personally I remember a time in middle school where there was this girl that I had a major crush on and I asked her out and she said no.. Even then I never stopped liking her and I still even asked her out to the school dance and got turned down then to!!! Personally If you really dont want him to like you avoid all contact with him, cause your probably still talking to him and thats the problem. I know this for a fact because I saw that girl everyay and I sat next to her for 4 classes and we talked everyday!!! Which didnt help my cause....

Well hope that helped :lol:

Sry for the rant

Shoot! I totally a friend that line this summer. I'm too honest of a person sometimes and couldn't think of what to say :(

Friendzoning happens when you realky get to know s guy and like him as a person but even over that time of being friends, no attraction otherwise has developed.

At least for me anyway. Friendship is a critical part of a relationship, but being atracted is a critical (one of the fee critical) differences b/t friend and more.

I don't Yang out with guys much, so it doesn't happen much, but it has 2 or 3 times...