Sophie

What would your dream/fantasy future(s) be?

19 posts in this topic

Whenever I think about my future (and at age 19, I luckily have it spread out before me,) I am torn between two desires 1) experiencing the world through being an ESL teacher and 2 ) finding a job that I love in my home country. Because as much as I want to live in other places, I don't really want to leave Canada.

If I look at fantasy 1, I will teach English in many countries (or a few to several that I love to teach in,) gain lots of international friends, and marry a foreigner, settle down in his country (assuming it's a really great country to live in,) and raise bilingual children. Does that sound a bit weird? XD

Fantasy 2 involves being an ESL teacher internationally for 3-5 years before returning to my home country, Canada, and finding a job there. Maybe being an ESL teacher in Quebec? And marrying a Canadian and raising awesome Canadian children. lol. Dream Future 2 is probably my most ideal.

I want to see and experience the world, but at the same time I love living in Canada.

What about you?

Sounds like you've got a great future planned out :) I know you weren't asking for advice, but if I may say so imho I think since you don't really want to leave, Future 2 sounds like the best idea for you. That way you  have all those years to travel as an ESL teacher and you get to come back home and work here, etc. What ever you choose, good luck, I hope you do what makes you happy :)

My dream future. Honestly, there have been so many ideas and I often wondered if I'll ever choose one. I wanted to be a teacher as well, for the longest time. Then, when I was about 14 I started reading up on psychology and things like that, it was so fascinating that I was convinced I'd become a psychologist one day (I still want to, but it's complicated). Fast forward a few years, I had to choose something quickly (I'm not in college yet) and I was having a hard time deciding. I remembered I love writing, so I decided on journalism and that's what I will be studying. I'm hoping to write novels one day as well. Hopefully I'll find someone to spend the rest of my life with. (Whether it's when I'm still in college or after lol).

1 person likes this

Ooo fantasies :DD

Well my first is to become a Registered Nurse shortly after going to college in my area. Ill live with my Dad so I can save up money, lots of money, mmmm money and buy the car im after. And then I'm not sure of where ill live (not leaving far from home) or who ill live with. From there ill continue auto cross racing with my decent paying job and well that's really it for now. I don't really have a special someone in my fantasy because I don't expect to meet anyone.

Fantasy two is different, I don't know where I would get the money, but I would want to go over seas and be an animal rights activists for animals such as tigers, pandas, and fight for the mammals such as dolphins and whales, and not those pansy groups that only protests, id be a radical if I had to :DD

Wow Sophie! I have a very similar plan for my future! I'm also planning on becoming an ESL teacher here in Canada. Though I want to stay here, so I probably won't look for teaching abroad. I hear you can make just as much money here as you would in China or Japan, or elsewhere. So I hope that works out and I can keep the job steady and secure. Above all I really dream of marrying my girlfriend. We've been through so much already and I really want her to be the only one! I want to go travel with her outside of Canada, since we already had vacations in Vancouver and Quebec. That's my dream, it's a simple and humble dream, but it's what I really want

1 person likes this

Hmm...Well, here's my dream future:

1. Write my first novel, get it published and become pretty darn rich and famous

2. Have lots of money to buy a nice house, give money to my family, and lots to charity

3. Fall in love, get married, and have some kids

4. Publish second novel, very controversial, become a controversial figure who is both loved and hated, give more money to charity

5. Have more kids

6. Movie of my first novel is released, very successful, lots of merchandise and whatnot

7. Write a screenplay for the BBC, a faithful adaptation of Gaston Leroux's novel The Phantom of the Opera

8. BBC makes this TV drama, which stars Doug Jones (because he's awesome), huge success, and there's a craze for all things Phantom

9. Have more kids

10. Publish third novel, become more rich and famous, build schools and hospitals in third-world countries

11. Movie of my second novel is released, causes lots of controversy, changes hearts and minds everywhere

12. Possibly more kids. Also, meet the Pope.

13. Write more novels if I have ideas left

14. Third novel made into movie (or TV drama, I'm not fussy)

15. Perhaps write some books for children, just for a change of pace

16. Start thinking about growing old

17. Write an autobiography with an interesting title

18. Children's books also made into movie, not as good as the books, but a commercial success nonetheless

19. Write some non-fiction books about Catholicism

20. The Andrew Lloyd Webber of the time makes a musical of my life, which is closed after a few runs, because it'll never be as good as Les Miserables

21. Have grandchildren, and become officially old

22. Write more books

23. Die

24. People start asking me to pray for them. I get a couple of miracles done for them, and become a saint

25. That's...it, I think...

xxx

Finish the program I am in. Go to university partime while working in a homeless youth shelter or a school. Do some traveling after I am done school. Work full time and move out. Get married - maybe to someone who is also in the same profession so we can open up our own residential home, I don't know. Become a child/youth acitivist. Not even sure how I would get around to completing this.

If that doesn't work out maybe do something risky like:

- Take acting lesson and go to school for drama. Try to make it on broadway and then the big screen B)  (which would involve me leaving Canada). 

- Take dance lessons, leave Canada, become a back up dancer and then choreographer lol. I wouldn't even mind being a zumba instructor.

- Become a special effects make up artist and work on movies/shows.

- Or just become a teacher.

My dream for my future is to be 80 or so years old and be sitting next to my husband in our home, holding hands, and sharing stories of our life together and reminiscing on all the wonderful happy times we had. Knowing that our children are happy and successful and helping the world, even in small ways. Feeling the same love and compassion for him as I felt when I first met him, only stronger, and knowing that he still feels the same for me. Knowing that we focused on the good things and let the trivial problems not affect our lives or love for each other. And then maybe making him a sandwich and planning our next vacation.

It's not filled with a ton of details, because I don't know exactly what will happen and I try to stay open about the course of my life. But after I've lived another 50 or so years, I would like to look back with my husband (if I am so blessed) and smile.

6 people like this

Sounds like you've got a great future planned out :) I know you weren't asking for advice, but if I may say so imho I think since you don't really want to leave, Future 2 sounds like the best idea for you. That way you  have all those years to travel as an ESL teacher and you get to come back home and work here, etc. What ever you choose, good luck, I hope you do what makes you happy :)

Thank you. :)

1 person likes this

My dream dream/fantasy future:

In my mid 20s I have a career as a police officer living in the Appalachian mountains here in North Carolina or being a professional race car driver.

*Being married by 30 at latest.

Having at least a total of 3 kids.

Being wealthy so I can take care of my future family.

*= most important !!!

Hopefully get a job in the environmental field now that I've graduated, marry my girlfriend, explore and enjoy life with her.

leave florida

Be a fashion designer

travel the world/ live in different countries with my husband

start and organization for child abuse/do something to fix world hunger

learn different languages

Adopt children from different backgrounds (may or may not happen)

be an amazing person live an amazing life

Get my degree.

Live in Canada with my boyfriend.

Marry him and be the happiest wife alive. <3

Work as an IT person and with computers.

Have two children named Estella and Nathan.

Have sex everyday <3

Travel.

Have (at least) a fifty year anniversary with Christoph.

Be happy because life is waaaaay to short to be anything else.

1 person likes this

My dreamy future:

-Be married to a wonderful husband and father that I can brag about all of my days. A husband who is a deep thinker with philanthropically directed long term goals. (example, Dr. Ben Carson) Someone who will love and adopt my child as their very own.
-Attain my college degree.

-Work 20hrs/week or less the rest of my life.
-Involved in church
-A home with a fenced in backyard and lots of windows.  A house big enough for my own room/space as well as a room/space for the "man cave". In a safe neighborhood.
-Debt free

1 person likes this

My dreams for the future are:

1) To have as happy a marriage as my parents were blessed to have.

2) To have several happy and healthy children.

3) To keep travelling the world and seeing the amazing places I've always dreamed of visiting.

• Go to medical school and become a surgeon.

Work really hard to be the best, like no one ever was. Surgery! Got to treat them all!

Move out of Arizona.

Buy a pretty house in a pretty place and fill it with pretty furniture.

Travel to a lot of different countries.

Get married (to someone who's really rad, hopefully).

Get a pet!

Grow up to be the type of old lady who screams at all the hooligan youngsters to stop trampling all over her begonias dang nabbit.

Be a good person.

I actually wrote this down a while ago, I'll see if I can find it.

I want to marry a kind and supportive man and have at least four children, ideally two girls and two boys but I would like at least one of each gender. We will live on a lifestyle farm in New Zealand (or maybe somewhere else if it's awesome enough) and own a cat, rabbits, a horse, and maybe goats. Everything at home will be done in an eco-conscious way. We will raise our children in a way that reflects my beliefs and his, and make spirituality a part of everyday life. The children will either be homeschooled or go to a Montessori school. I will be a stay-at-home mother for several years, then make a living by writing books, doing environmentalist talks, and owning an alternative healing centre. The centre will be a spiritual place but also grounded and committed to working with science, not against it, and it will offer all sorts of therapies from different parts of the world. Most of all, I just want my future life to be full of respect, unity, knowing we're all there for each other and most of all knowing that we're loved :)