Guest redyellowblue

Not new, but felt it was time to share my background! :-)

21 posts in this topic

I have no words, but I'm happy your one of the few to have a better life after such events : )

5 people like this

Aw Cou I was going to comment on some of the events that you explain but hey all that I'd like to say is that your amazing. We have chatted here and there on the site and I think have said that I'm gob smacked how mature and wise you are for one sooooo young. You prayed for wisdom and you have it.

Well done to you I think you have shown incredible strength of character and goodness things will begin to go your way I'm sure.

Good on you mate. Col.

3 people like this

I can't even imagine going through all that, much less in such a short time. Like Josh said it's amazing the person you've become in spite of and through it. It certainly speaks to your strength of will and character. I know you'll succeed at your goals and affect a lot of lives for the better, including the ones you already have on this site. Any way, thanks for sharing!

5 people like this

Wow, Cou, I'm so sorry you had to go through all those terrible situations! I admire you for not letting them define who you are today and for the strength and courage you displayed throughout it all. I'm so glad that everything is much better now and I pray it keeps getting better and better for you. You are a very special person and it's great to have you here! Big, big hug for you  :)

6 people like this

You have had much to overcome - but you have much much more to go in life, and great choices, and positive influences, and a world to embrace and participate in - and you are choosing good people to do that with!   Every day gives you the space and means to jump forward and I can certainly tell you are.  Well done for being as open and forthright as you have been in telling your story - and know that every word has influence and impact and power and touch.  :-)

6 people like this

I definitely consider myself a very understanding person, and I can always understand the logic behind everyone's perspective - I think thats  a unique quality of mine. I understand what it is like to be completely alone, and I never want anyone to feel this way. I prayed for wisdom and I got it. I never feel like I can put it into words the way I want it, but I have it, and Im so grateful for it. I wouldnt have done anything different in my life. Even dark terrible events can elevate the human soul.

Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing Cou! You are such a strong person! I feel sad about your mother and cousins, but I hope that your relationship with your brother blossoms. 

You are one very brave and strong young woman, Cou. I'm so sorry, you had to go through that, especially at such a young age. Seeing you now, though, how you've become this wonderful, inspiring person who didn't let anything stop her from becoming the amazing person she is today, makes me happy for you. The fact that you didn't give up and stayed true to yourself and only became stronger is admirable. I am so glad you have stayed on the right path, I wish you well. I hope you achieve all the things you want in life and I wish you happiness. 

2 people like this

Well it's always good to share if even to just get it out I'm glad you have many blessing now and are doing better.

Well, you are just an amazing and strong young woman! Thank you for sharing your story with us :)!

Thank you for sharing your story Cou. You are an inspiration to have come through all of that and be the wonderful, kind, understanding, positive, success oriented young woman you are today.

You said it so eloquently... "Even dark terrible events can elevate the human soul." And you are proof of that Cou. :)

4 people like this

Oh, I'm glad you guys appreciated the words I just threw onto the page, haha... and most definitely glad that you guys can see me through :-) it's you guys who are the reason why I even bother to stay strong! You are all are simply wonderful!

6 people like this

Wow... in the midst of your vulnerability in the sharing of your story, you gave everyone all the more reason to love you :)

Seriously though, where you came from and coming to where you are... you are unique, and special, and definitely worth Waiting for. God creates beauty from messes, and art from ashes, and thank you for being a living proof of that. I'm so glad to have you here, and to be able to call you friend :)

And i'm glad you trusted us enough to share with us real pieces of your real heart, and you were able to get all that off your chest :)

4 people like this

I honestly have no idea what to say, except that I'm sorry for all you had to endure in your life! But, I'm glad, as is everyone, that things have gotten better and even if you feel like nobody's on your side, you have 400+ human beings on this website who are on your side forever!

2 people like this

Thanks for sharing your story, Cou. You really are an inspiration. I'm sorry to hear about your past, but you are a strong person to have come from that, and not let your past define you. Awesome, :) .

I feel lucky and honored to call you friend.

I think God has plans for you.

1 person likes this

Cou, I already know your story but not in this great detail. It breaks my heart knowing that you never had a loving family that every child growing up deserves. Yet, your story gives me hope that despite having gone through hell and back, you didn't let it consume you. Instead you remained a bright light to everyone around you and to me personally. You've taught me so much by being so positive despite things going bad and have given me a different perspective on life. I'm proud of the person you've become and this place is much more lively and wonderful with you being part of it. Love you! :)

1 person likes this

You are so brave for sharing this. You have certainly been through alot. You are so strong. Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your story with us, Cou! You are proof that a positive outlook gets you far in life. You already have done great things and I know you will continue to do great things!

Wow, your story was so touching I'm crying... You are so strong and brave for overcoming the things you have. You made mistakes, but you learned from them and are moving forward the best way you can. Hun, never forget we will always be here for you! You have a family in us, no matter what! <3

6 people like this

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Cou is my hero! :) Thank you for sharing this. It can be really hard to open up like that but it has the potential to inspire people and I greatly admire you. I am so glad that I have had the privilege to talk to you and call you my friend. Love ya.

<3 Sismance!

3 people like this

I must have missed this.

Well, I do know bits and pieces of your dark past, and like everyone else, love you all the more for it. You've inspired many and will continue to inspire those you'll meet. You're more special to those around you than you probably know.

Keep at it, Cou, and never regret anything you've done in your life. :)

4 people like this