Guest Ace

How's the waiting going?

37 posts in this topic

Exactly DodgeDude! And the quote so so true it's freaky. While I don't have a significant other I need to live my life and as I get older I am finding I much, much, much, prefer to be out doing stuff rather than sitting at home playing video games. Furthermore whether you meet someone today, a month from now, a year from now, having something to do not only makes you feel good, but it increases your chances to meet people. 

I agree about the quote too! From what I've read Justin, when you do meet that girl (and you will) who really makes you say WOW!, you'll be more than ready for a wonderful relationship. Like what both you and DD have been saying, it is of the utmost importance to have your own life AND maintain your own hobbies and relationships outside of your bf/gf. Sounds to me like you have it together and when you're with a girl who's got it together, it's gonna be awesome :D

2 people like this

I think it's very astute (Matthew/Nicole) to observe what you're really waiting for in a sense is the Special Relationship - and intimacy with that takes a lot of forms, including your physical relationship and eventually in the right circumstance, sex.  I think back, and honestly I always SAID I was waiting for sex by being married, but you guys have made me think back and realize what I was really waiting for at the time - was a girlfriend that I would be that connected to and that thrilled by and in love with!  

( don't get me wrong - i was waiting for sex too LOL - but honestly...   it was the relationship I wanted, got impatient about, felt like it took FLIPPING FOREVER to come along, etc...  sex was a part of being in that relationship eventually :-) )

Ian, I agree 100%! Matthew & Nicole I've been in your shoes for SOOOOO long before I met DD!! I had a bf at 17, then no relationship until I was 21. I had some random dates here and there, a few weeks, a month or two, but NO 'Special Relationship' as Ian says. Being able to connect with someone on many different levels is very fufilling and can help you wait because you're connecting in so many other ways and becoming creative in ways to say/show 'I love you' since you can't completely physically.

3 people like this

It's going well I suppose. I'm not exactly tempted since I'm not in a relationship. I mean, I would like to be in a relationship, but there are so many reasons why it would be better for me to wait to be in a relationship, so I should just be okay with being single for a while.

I can't handle this any more I'm freaking out!!!!! But I'm going to try to not let this bug me for the next two weeks

I am a queen.  I have a kingdom and a princess.  But no King.  Not just anybody can be King.  It is a very noble position and most are disqualified, but the position remains open none the less. I am a queen without her king.

2 people like this

Hey guys don't know about the rest of you but I'm off to sharpen my sword !!! Come on where's the dragon to slay !! Or is that a knight. Lol. Sorry late here in the UK !

It's going well, but if given the chance to get married tomorrow, I'll definitely take it!

:wub: love this♥♥ :wub:

1 person likes this

My wait is fine :) ...until someone puts their damn nose in my business and asks "why dont you have a boyfriend yet?" or decides to give me "advice" on what I should and shouldnt do...then that just pisses me off  :mad:  Im sorry my life doesnt revolve around "needing someone" or sex. Im not a wild animal I can make my own choices...why cant people just buzz off and mind their business...then I start to feel sad and alone like I will never find love...thanks alot to "friends" and "family"...this is why I keep it to myself...rant over.

Sound like someone I'd like to hang out with darling girl! :)) I feel ya!

1 person likes this

Sound like someone I'd like to hang out with darling girl! :)) I feel ya!

I agree!! Nice to see you back OHG!!  ^_^

It goes great and waiting is really easy for about 5-6 weeks and then my boyfriend and I visit, so it's really hard. We keep each other in check, though! You guys also help a lot with that too. I'm sure I've said this before, but I honestly don't know what I'd do without y'all having my back.

2 people like this

Pretty good I could probably wait til I'm 30 I'm sure if I had to and it wouldn't phase me in the least! hahahaha

& for those of you lovely waiters omg! Take advantage of your time that you have totally to you!!! Omg I can not stress that enough! It is totally your choice if you choose to but when you are in a relationship it can be very demanding because your attention is now split. I remember when I was single and had a life as a single gal (too much I think), I was super busy with school, multiple jobs, studying, baking, my nephew, etc and I look back and think "Dang those were the days!" hahaha :P Your YOU time is a very essential and important aspect. Why? The type of relationship you have with yourself will carry into your next relationship. If you are loving and kind to yourself you will be able to give that same love to someone else. You don't have to be in a relationship to be complete because the time you have as a single person is your time to be independent, carefree. Life's opportunities are really endless because you have no obligations to anyone. You don't have to communicate with someone about what to do and where to go and why because you are free. So use this time to do a lot of self-evaluation, growth, maturing, living, relaxing, and enjoying life. No worries about getting desperate for that special person, be smart when you met someone. Look at someone with character, class, goals, ambitions, education, and motivates you to be your absolute best self. I read this today so remember: "You need to remember that it's important to respect yourself enough to walk away from something that does not serve you, grow you, or make you happy. That applies to everything in life, especially relationships."  

Now being in a relationship is not a bad thing but it takes a lot of time and energy and I'm not going to lie to anyone, sex may not happen, but over time as your feelings develop and you fall in love physical things will begin to happen maybe not a lot but you def. won't be as sexually pure. Whether it's just kissing and lightly making out or all the way to 3rd base. Boys and girls get touchy feely especially when they are attracted to one another. Being in love can make you feel like you've got wings on your back but can be dangerous if you wanna hold on to your virginity. My advice for future reference is go on a lot of public dates and be around family to keep hands and hormones from getting out of control when you and your partner are alone.

4 people like this

Now being in a relationship is not a bad thing but it takes a lot of time and energy and I'm not going to lie to anyone, sex may not happen, but over time as your feelings develop and you fall in love physical things will begin to happen maybe not a lot but you def. won't be as sexually pure. Whether it's just kissing and lightly making out or all the way to 3rd base. Boys and girls get touchy feely especially when they are attracted to one another. Being in love can make you feel like you've got wings on your back but can be dangerous if you wanna hold on to your virginity. My advice for future reference is go on a lot of public dates and be around family to keep hands and hormones from getting out of control when you and your partner are alone.

You hit the nail on the head here! Public dates are great since they let you explore new places together. My boyfriend and I  went to a Civil War battlefield one summer and had a picnic at a nearby park. It was really cool to be immersed in the history of the area and we probably wouldn't have gone there by ourselves. That's always fun but to me hanging out with family is even better, especially if you may one day want to be a part of that family.