armycop89

Were are you SINGLES :O

87 posts in this topic

I'm still trying to figure out why this guy got banned I can see how he would but can't find his end all be all thread yet LOL.

Anyway, I wanted to comment on virgins only marrying virgins...and I would compare that to someone who has had sex with very few people not wanting to marry a former prostitute. I mean if someone chooses to overlook that persons sexual past great, but it seems to me that should be that persons choice? I mean I can see how it's not fair and the person who's had previous relations might not take the marriage as seriously as the virgin. To me it could mean the difference between cheating and not cheating in a marriage. For me personally I would prefer a virgin, and have always had a problem dating a non-virgin (although I have anyway), but I could be proven wrong if I were to find the right person who has it together in every other area and level. But I'll just have to see when the time comes. I would actually prefer if the guy had done less sexually than me because to me that would show a better level of self-control and would make the guy out to be a stronger man in my humble opinion.

And finally, if I did marry a virgin and he cheated on me, I would feel better about it than some random dude who had been with say 3-5 people because then I would just feel like another tick on his list but at least if it were a virgin it's like hey, he took mine I took his the score's even you know? Sorry if that's a really pessimistic depressing view on marriage but I've had a lot of bad experiences with guys in the past hahaha.

oOOooOooh I love this...can you umm make copies of yourself and send them my way so I can pass them along to all my christian friends...and me  :wub:

I'm sorry to disappoint you Tatyana but I'm what you call a limited edition. Now you've come to the right place. This site is full of guys  with similar values such as mine but I cannot be copied. But hey if you know of any single Christian girls waiting till marriage who are between 18-25 years old (I'm 22) in North Carolina let me know!

I'm still trying to figure out why this guy got banned I can see how he would but can't find his end all be all thread yet LOL.

Who got banned? O:

Anyway, I wanted to comment on virgins only marrying virgins...and I would compare that to someone who has had sex with very few people not wanting to marry a former prostitute. I mean if someone chooses to overlook that persons sexual past great, but it seems to me that should be that persons choice? 

And finally, if I did marry a virgin and he cheated on me, I would feel better about it than some random dude who had been with say 3-5 people because then I would just feel like another tick on his list but at least if it were a virgin it's like hey, he took mine I took his the score's even you know? Sorry if that's a really pessimistic depressing view on marriage but I've had a lot of bad experiences with guys in the past hahaha.

Your initial argument is quite good.

Truth is people choose not to date/marry others for myriad reasons including a lack of physical attraction, differing religions, height differences, the list is endless, but of course those reasons never get anyone riled up.

I have concluded the discrimination given to those who will only date or marry a virgin on this forum and in society are based on assumptions. It's really no different than when people make assumptions about homosexuals or anyone else who has a perspective different from their own. When people can't relate or understand you, unfortunately, they often resort to showing their hostile disapproval. 

Some assumptions people make about non-virgins who will only date/marry virgins:

People assume that you will only date/marry a virgin because of pride. People assume you will only date/marry a virgin because you are not willing to forgive the person for what they did in an earlier relationship (which is of course absurd: Nobody owes me or anyone else an apology for what they did in an earlier relationship). People assume you're holding their past against them. This, too, is an absurdity. Virginity is a quality. The fact that this quality is compromised in the past is irrelevant. It has nothing to do with holding the past against them. It has to do with wanting that person to have that quality, and if they don't, then the interest in that person diminishes: Past doesn't enter the picture. People also assume that if you really wanted to, you could let go of this issue and still be completely happy with the person of interest. That's actually a pretty big assumption. And while I suppose that may be true for some, I can guarantee you it isn't for all. For some people this issue is an insurmountable hurdle and there is no way the relationship would be anything resembling a healthy relationship if they forced themselves to "Not care" about this issue. 

Honestly, I think people who don't have virginity as a deal-breaker actually have a superior position than those that do. It certainly makes the pool of those available to them much bigger. And for those that can overlook the virginity issue, I tip my hat to them. I think it's great. I think it's wonderful that this doesn't stand in the way of them finding their true love. But at the same time, I know that for some of us, this is an issue that we can't let go of and it's not because we're stubborn or spiritually inept; it's an inborn preference. It's not because we are mean, prideful, think we're better than non-virgins or closed-minded jerks, but because that's just something that's really important to us, for whatever reason, and we're being true to ourselves. Truly, if a girl won't date a guy 5 inches shorter than her, she doesn't feel superior to him: She just doesn't want to date him. Similarly, if a guy finds a girl that he thinks has a wonderful personality but he isn't physically attracted to, he doesn't think he's above her, he just doesn't want to date her. This distinction must be acknowledged.

And, it's not like there aren't advantages to marrying a virgin. There are many, including the confidence in knowing your partner is going to be STD free. I'm not going to cover all the other advantages, but they are there. Point I'm trying to make is, how different is this to the advantages of marrying someone you're attracted to versus marrying someone you're not attracted to? When people get so riled up that you will only date/marry a virgin it's almost as if, in that moment, they believe there are no advantages to it. But there are. And for some people those advantages are really important. 

Truth is: Nobody should give a damn what someone else's deal-breaker is. Worry about your own life. But also, and this is highly significant: There really aren't that many virgins out there, you know? There are very, very, very few of us. So, for those virgins who make virginity a deal breaker, we represent but a grain of sand on an endless beach. I'm pretty sure our decision to only date/marry a virgin isn't going to be some sort of threat for non-virgins looking for a mate; after all, there are zillions of other non-virgins in the world. Non-virgins looking for Mr. or Ms. right got quite an infinite pool to select from; we who will only date/marry virgins aren't going to make even the slightest dent on their options. And that's reality.

4 people like this

I feel like there is more of a lack of waiting guys than girls..I know plenty girls waiting but some virgin guys whom I doubt they'll wait till marriage

I know sexy very faithful and fit christian virgin woman in their late tweenties early thirties.  Where are they..?  Well... as for my group of frineds.....we are hanging out at eachothers apartments playing video games and watching movies and not meeting many new people.  lol  My best friend for example is extreemly gorgeous but she is so independent and carreer focused that it takes a lot to get her attention and its also hard for me to drag her out of her apartment befcause she doesnt like going out much unless there is a goal.  hahaha

So, I have to break into apartments to find these types of women?

If you want to meet potential dates,  you would have to participate in actiivities where you can meet people and mingle.  You coule happen upon someone anytime-- shopping, work, etc... Hiowever,  if you are aiming for abstinant woman,  I think church hosted events are the only likely place you might find one.  There arnt really virgin related hobbies etc lol.  Personally I just aim for decent human with stuff in common.

ArmyCop was banned because of how he inappropriately spoke to people in individual-chat on this site.  His intentions in those conversations were not congruent with WTM.

2 people like this

Those women have always existed. Theres actually less guys waiting then girls from what I see.

I don't know if Im the prove of them existing. It depends on what you find attractive, lol.

Yeah I would agree. Guys get loads of pressure to be a 'stud' whereas women who don't 'give it up' and both respected and I guess prized. I mean I saw a very average Brazilian girl a while back sell her virginity for over a million. Not sure why she hung on to it though to sell it!!