Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adeleyestar

OMG! Help

15 posts in this topic

I have recently developed a new crush on a classmate at my college. I have never had a boyfriend, so it is a bit awkward for me to put myself out there with a guy. Most of my girlfriends have already had boyfriends, so they straight up tell me to ask him out. Here's the thing, I have grown out of my shell in the past few years but I would really like it if he were the one to ask me out. I have even ended up getting his number and arranged a study session with him in a couple of days. My advances are settle and are seen as just being friendly. Funny how when I am just being friendly the guys I don't like are the ones to ask me out. The range of guys I do like are so wide, but none seem to be interested. I just need advice. I don't want to come on strong, but show that I do have intereset. This guy seems like a genuinely nice guy. so him being really nice to me could mean absolutely nothing. Gosh I hate have crushes, I always get crushed.

I'm answering anyway even though its in the ask the girls, go for it and ask him out, if you don't do it you'll never know what could have been! He might be waiting for you to ask him out and won't do it himself. And don't worry about coming on strong, most guys love that.

1 person likes this

I totally understand why you want him to ask you out, you want him to be a man. This is what I can offer after doing a ton of researching on this topic-is he flirting with you, i.e. smiling at you, longer than comfortable eye contact, starting conversations with you, putting himself near you, etc. If so there is a good chance he likes you too, but he's gathering the courage because he's nervous. So, I would see how the study session goes, try to really be in tune with what his body language is saying to you. If you feel like he does like you but is too shy to ask you out, figure out a way to let him know you like him and let him do what he wants with that information. Just so you know, I would never ask a guy out, it's just not my style, but if other women want to try it that's fine with me ^_^!

4 people like this

I have recently developed a new crush on a classmate at my college. I have never had a boyfriend, so it is a bit awkward for me to put myself out there with a guy. Most of my girlfriends have already had boyfriends, so they straight up tell me to ask him out. Here's the thing, I have grown out of my shell in the past few years but I would really like it if he were the one to ask me out. I have even ended up getting his number and arranged a study session with him in a couple of days. My advances are settle and are seen as just being friendly. Funny how when I am just being friendly the guys I don't like are the ones to ask me out. The range of guys I do like are so wide, but none seem to be interested. I just need advice. I don't want to come on strong, but show that I do have intereset. This guy seems like a genuinely nice guy. so him being really nice to me could mean absolutely nothing. Gosh I hate have crushes, I always get crushed.

Once you study together, try to study more together and at some point maybe suggest coffee after or something casual like that! I gave my boyfriend my # without him asking haha I thought I was being obnoxiously forward, but now he says that he liked he because he knew for sure that I was interested in him ;)

4 people like this

Although asking a guy out is not really my style, I will try to use sally's advice. I know that this is normal, but since I have never had a guy that I liked like me back, I am really nervous about rejection. I know, get over it. Although I have grown to be a bit more confident over the past couple of years. I would find it difficult coming off as being more than just a friend. I gues I really just like the being chased feeling, but I will step up my game and be a bit more obvious. If I feel that there is a good vibe, then I'll do it. But he doesn't seem shy. I feel like if he did like me he would make more effort to initiate conversation with me. It is always me initiating. But I don't know, I gues I have to wait until the study session on Friday to really tell. Ugh, I hate that he kind of gets me tongue tied. I'm a psych major and theater minor, so reading people have always been my thing. But his type is usually quite difficult; the mysterious type. I see him in class tomorrow. He leaves class so quickly that it has to be timed just right to get in a word. Omg I sound like a stalker, but trust me I'm not. He seems really confident and nice so I would not tell the difference between him being nice or him liking me.

1 person likes this

Also some guys are skanky. I have seriously heard stories of guys going out with girls they don't even find attractive just because it is offered to them. A guy will settle, date, have sex with a girl they don't even want. Just because he agrees does not really even mean he likes me. I know that it is also achance of a guy asking me out just because they are deperate, but it is easier to avoid that if they at least put in some of the effort. Besides I don't want to feel like the only way I can get a guy I want is by always initiating. Don't get me wrong I would do it from time to time. But for the most part the most I would do is drop significant hints that I am interested.

1 person likes this

There are ways to show you like him and such without necessarily "asking him out." Maybe you drop a few hints and see if he makes a move. Or like Sally said, maybe as you guys are studying say "hey I could really go for Starbucks right now" or something like that..maybe he'll jump at the opportunity and if he is interested that made be all he needs to finally ask you out "officially"

1 person likes this

I asked my boyfriend out over four years ago, I know its hard but just because it "cultural" for him to ask you doesnt mean it has to be that way. :) I hope it all works out <3

Although asking a guy out is not really my style, I will try to use sally's advice. I know that this is normal, but since I have never had a guy that I liked like me back, I am really nervous about rejection. I know, get over it. Although I have grown to be a bit more confident over the past couple of years. I would find it difficult coming off as being more than just a friend. I gues I really just like the being chased feeling, but I will step up my game and be a bit more obvious. If I feel that there is a good vibe, then I'll do it. But he doesn't seem shy. I feel like if he did like me he would make more effort to initiate conversation with me. It is always me initiating. But I don't know, I gues I have to wait until the study session on Friday to really tell. Ugh, I hate that he kind of gets me tongue tied. I'm a psych major and theater minor, so reading people have always been my thing. But his type is usually quite difficult; the mysterious type. I see him in class tomorrow. He leaves class so quickly that it has to be timed just right to get in a word. Omg I sound like a stalker, but trust me I'm not. He seems really confident and nice so I would not tell the difference between him being nice or him liking me.

Also, I wanted to mention, while you would be suggesting coffee or ice cream or whatever, if he is interested and a decent guy, HE will later ask for a date like dinner or something and HE will pay. Trust me ;)

1 person likes this

Well gues what, he just texted and said that he has a flat tire. Now we have rescheduled for Monday. I was looking forward for today. My friend told me to find out if he has a girlfriend so I wouldn't waste my time. Any thoughts on how to ask without seeming too obvious?

Does it mean anything when a guy you've had good conversations in a class with a couple of times, never says hi unless you say it first. He will see me in the halls and simply walk right past me. Geesh even if he says hi everyother time would make sense, because I totally get not speaking to someone most of the time. But whenever I speak to him, he seems enthusiastic and even keeps the conversation going. But now I'm psycho analyzing it. He does not seem shy in the slightest way, but maybe that is in some areas. I did notice that he doesn't speek to anyone, except for one guy. Maybe he can be shy in areas of meeting new people. Because he usually just gets up and leave right after, and does not try to interact with other students. He also seems very focused, as if he does not quite have time for distractions. I don't know, gues I'll have to wait till Monday.

Does it mean anything when a guy you've had good conversations in a class with a couple of times, never says hi unless you say it first. He will see me in the halls and simply walk right past me.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I also don't want you to get hurt. This doesn't sound like something a guy who likes you would do, especially walking right past you. He just ignores you totally? Be very careful-still hope it goes well Monday :).

Oh a 'study session'! How classic! Just a small tip, when you are talking to him about something, study his body language. If you move your arm a certain way, or scratch your nose and he mimicks your body language, its usually a sign that he likes you. When he keeps his head slightly tilted while you are speaking, it means he is genuinly interested in what you are saying. Good luck!

So good news. I have an 80% feel that he likes me back. It went far better than I ever could have imagined. The review sheet we had to complete did not have to take 4 hours but we kept stopping to talk most of the time. I was totally already planning to stop pur work later on to chat, but he started it first. At some point I did suggest us hanging out sometime, and later he unofficially invited me to a family get together( kind of vague with no details yet). And at some point I'm pretty sure him asking about my long nails and touching them was an excuse to touch me. I may have even stumbled onto another waiter as well. Anyway thanks for the advice, I think I can take it from here.

2 people like this

So glad it went well :D -he shouldn't ignore you when he walks past now-maybe he just needs glasses-you never know!