Invincible

Do you prefer having sons or daughters?

28 posts in this topic

I want to at least have one girl. I would like a son as well, but I especially want a girl. Yeah, I know that girls are probably harder to raise than boys are, but I've always wanted a daughter who will be a daddy's girl. I hope that she will see me as her hero who can always depend on me to rescue her from any proverbial dragons in the world, while at the same time raising her to be fiercely independent and strong. I want to be the standard in which she judges all guys by and to be an example of how a man should treat a woman based on my marriage with my future wife.

6 people like this

I've never really had a preference so I suppose just one of each. I never really liked to have more of one gender over the other because one might get lonely without their same gender sibling. So I will probably want evens if I could have it such as 1 boy, 1 girl or 2 boys and 2 girls. If my husband really wanted more of one gender like girls then I wouldn't really be bothered I would just have to make sure one gets the right amount of social interaction from their own age group. 

I want a son and daughter, I want a son first so I can teach him all I know and bond with him and make him interested in my hobbies :DD. But after a few years of having my son I'd want a daughter, not two kids right away so in not raising two babies at the same time, but maybe after 3 or 4 year id want a daughter.

But no more than two kids for me, I couldn't have three kids, even if my wife wanted three, no more than two.

I want whichever I have lol. Though at least one daughter would be nice.

I want a son. If I do have a daughter, I'll be happy too. I'm most looking forward to having a son though. 

1 person likes this

I think I would like to contribute to the declining population of real men, so boys :-) however real women are.declining too so I suppose if I decided to have kids just give me all I'm blessed with :D

2 people like this

One of each!

I honestly see wonderful things about having either a boy or a girl. So to experience the full spectrum of child upbringing, I hope to have one of each. :)

3 people like this

I'm hoping to have a pretty big family, four or five kids at least. Hopefully, I'll get a few of each...

xxx

3 people like this

Does it matter as long as u get to feel those adorable pink cheeks?!!! :D

1 person likes this

I really want at least one daughter, for similar reasons as Vince and probably as carryover from wanting but never getting a sister. But I also want at least two sons. So I guess Ideally I want two of each, possibly more, possibly less. I won't know for sure until I get there, but I'm sure I'll be fine with whomever pops out.  :lol:

3 people like this

I'd like two girls and two boys. It would be cool if a set of them turned out to be twins :) 

1 person likes this

Does it matter as long as u get to feel those adorable pink cheeks?!!! :D

Those adorable pink cheeks they get when they are keeping you up at night teething !!!!

Lol. All children are fab. I'd have 10 !!

1 person likes this

I'm not sure I want kids. But, I think boys and girls pose different challenges. Boys tend to get in trouble more, but with a girl you're scared that they would want to start dressing provocatively and stuff like that.

Aw they are really all fantastic, Boys generally just want or run run run climb climb climb. Girls you want to wrap in cotton wool,

All are individual, show them respect as they mature and with luck they show it right back.

3 people like this

I want both! I've always wanted a little girl since I was a little girl. lol But I also desperately want at least one boy. I always find myself attracted to the boy baby clothes when I shop for my pregnant friends. I'll be happy with whichever God decides to give me though. :)

1 person likes this

I've always dreamed of raising a couple daughters, just for the same reasons Vince stated.  But in the end, I agree with some of the others: I'd like to have both boys and girls to be able to experience the whole spectrum.  That said, I'll take two of each :)

3 people like this

I admit I'm more partial to wanting girls, I've always imagined I would have more girls than boys for some reason. But I definitely want some boys too!

I already have a daughter, but I've always wanted a boy. I want to teach him the right way to treat women and I want him to protect all of his sisters.

2 people like this

Sons. I happened to be a very easy daughter to raise in the sense that I NEVER wore make-up, didn't care about clothes, never got involved with boys, never skipped school, never had major insecurity issues, never was overly-emotional...I think I'm a rarity though. I'm friends with a lot of girls, and all but one were very high-maintenance children. I hate to stereotype, but I think girls are definitely harder to raise than boys. With boys you have more concerns over drinking and drugs, but none about pregnancy or getting objectified or dressing inappropriately in high school. At a certain point, guys seem to sort of start raising themselves (from what I've seen.) So yeah, I'd much prefer sons. They are also much cheaper to raise! I wish I could find that article...they averaged the amount of money a parent spends raising a boy and a girl from birth to age 18. A girl was SO much more expensive because of clothes, make-up, jewellery, medical bills (this was American,) and lots on sanitary products.   

I have no preference but for some reason I am thinking I'm going to be one of those people who can only produce one gender :disapproval:.

I have no preference but for some reason I am thinking I'm going to be one of those people who can only produce one gender :disapproval:.

That depends on who you marry, Sweety. Men are in charge of the gender of the baby.

1 person likes this