Invincible

Would you date an opposite sex version of yourself?

26 posts in this topic

Imagine what you would look like if you were the opposite sex (if that's possible), then combine that with your actual personality, beliefs, interests, values etc. and tell me if you would date that person.

Personally, I not sure I would. I think I would want to be with someone who was a little more active so she could encourage me to not be so much of a homebody. I would like similar interests, but I'd also would like for her to have some of her own so that we can both open up a whole new world to each other.

2 people like this

I don't think I would either, I don't want someone with all my exact views and opinions, I wouldn't be able to argue with them if they did! :DD

But I also wouldn't because I'm not a very self motivated person and I tend not to try new things, so I'd need someone to motivate me and make me try new things at gunpoint : D

Yes and no. I tell my friends, "If only I could find a male me!" lol Personality wise, anyways. My sense of humor mostly. I crack myself up and I love it when a guy does the same and we can just play off of each other in that area. Values are also something that I would like to be the same. It would be pretty cool if we liked the same music and tv shows and never had to fight for control over the station. lol However, I do see the value in seeing another view in your significant other. I want to try new things that my husband is interested in that I may not have done if I were alone. A good relationship causes both persons to grow and be better individuals as well as a better couple.

Looks wise, I don't think so because the male version of me is my dad. :P lol

5 people like this

Here are my thoughts...you're pretty much never going to find an exact or almost exact replica of yourself in the opposite gender, so no worries there. And of course yes there are pluses to having different personality traits, opinions, etc but at the end of the day the more in common the better. I mean think about it...have you ever heard of a couple breaking up because they had too much in common? Neither have I. The saying "opposites attract" applies to magnets, not people. If two people don't have much, or enough in common, it ain't workin out. The more in common the better, in my humble opinion ;)

3 people like this

Aside from the fact that I'd make a very ugly and hairy girl...probably not. I think, given my introversion, I'd actually prefer someone who was somewhat extroverted (not too much, but enough that being around her would perhaps motivate me to chill a bit and get out of my shell/head). That and I can be somewhat 'out there' in my thinking at times...I'm a bit of a hipster at heart (see my profile title :P). Though I'd obviously want someone who got me and didn't attack the very things that make me who I am, someone who would be something of a counterbalance to my nature, though share the same values and beliefs, as far as major issues are concerned, would probably be the best. Besides, wanting to date the opposite sex version of myself would be kind of narcissitic, wouldn't it? I mean, there are things about myself that I like, ya...but everyone has their own imperfections and shortcomings. Perhaps that's why finding your soulmate is also referred to as finding your better half?

2 people like this

Well, no, I can't really imagine how a masculine me would look like  :P I'm not sure if I would either. While it's good to have a lot in common, it's also no fun in being exactly the same. I would like him to have my same values and beliefs, but with a different personality and interests. It would be great if he's strong where I'm weak and vice versa. I wouldn't really want my replica...I'd like us to complement each other. So, maybe not.

2 people like this

Nope. I think it would get annoying. Not saying I'm annoying (maybe just a little bit). I'm a worryer and don't want to imagine what that would be like. Although, like others said, I would like someone who laughed at my jokes..no one seems to think I'm funny :(. And I would make an ugly male.

1 person likes this

I'd have to say no as well. The goal is to find someone who can put up with me so I don't have to. I drive myself nuts enough as it is.

Good question!

2 people like this

NO. lol. I need someone who is very focused, patient, and on top of things. I am a procrastinator, a daydreamer, and often lazy. NOT my type of guy.

1 person likes this

Ummm... No! Haha.  I get on my own nerves, why would I want someone JUST like me?  Don't get me wrong... There are core issues that we absolutely must agree on and be on the same page.  We've got to be running in the same direction, because if we're going to play on the same team, we need to be on the same team.  No surprise there.  

However, sometimes I get so annoyed with myself that I just want a break from myself.  I want to be with a man who is like me, but not too much like me that I end up resenting how alike we are.  Haha.  I'd also like him to be a bit more extroverted than me!  I like people in general, but I could stay in my house for days on end and not have a care in the world.  I want him to recognize & respect my need for space, downtime and privacy, but I also will need for him to speak up sometimes and say "Babe, get up, we are going out today and we are going to do some-thing!"  Doesn't even have to be anything extravagant.  I want him to make me want to be better, and I hope to better him, too.  Teammates, propelling one another towards that winning goal (in this case, being a successful and for me, Godly, marriage) is what I want!!! :)

Edit:  P.S., Nice question, though.  Never really considered it until now.   Oh, and looks wise, no.  Haha.  I'm actually attracted towards all kinds of men as far as race goes.  My parents will more than likely have all bi-racial grandchildren, seeing as all of us children have strong preferences for races that are not our own.  If anyone is a "wild card" and they don't know what race they'll end up with, it's me.  You can leave it to me to be the unexpected/unpredictable/odd one out.  I'm kinda good at that! Haha. 

1 person likes this

No Way! I need some one more calmer and laid back than me I have ALOT of energy with a hyper and bubbly personality and if I date a guy who is wild like me I would never be able to be me.  I would always sit in his shadow for some reason Im so quiet around other people that have hyper energy and bubbly personality. I think there's a name for that of which I cannot think of right now, but with my randomness I can work with that dating another random person can be fun :)

Nah, it would be boring (apart from the fact he would be insanely ugly lol), its just like talking to yourself, he wouldnt have any different views in which he can enhance the conversation, different interests, like previous posters described etc etc:) I like to think that my future man will have the qualities that I lack, and I have the qualities he lacks, and we can work on them together and become awesome people :-)

2 people like this

In terms of religious devotion/belief it would be nice if those are replicated since they tie into morals/life expectations/marriage expectations and so on. But for someone to be exactly like me...no. I want someone with shared beliefs and maybe even political values especially since I am just not an argumentive person ( I generally can't tell when the debate is turning into an argument or vise versa) so I wouldn't want to confront things with him on a political/social scale all the time. I get tired enough with politics and morality jumbling around in my own mind so when I talk to my hubby I don't want more dissidence I want shared understanding. 

1 person likes this

Well, I was once told that I'd make a pretty girl! Not sure if that's a compliment or not!

2 people like this

I'd give she-matthew a few dates, maybe a couple make-out sessions. But nothing beyond that.

3 people like this

I joked about this at a point too. :P  I don't want an exact copy, but I would like to find someone with my general preferences. Being with a copy would be so utterly boring! I love myself, don't get me wrong, but what could we possibly share with each other? I always imagined me and my bf/husband being able to introduce new things to each other. Plus, what would be the point of conversing if we already knew the other would agree? Nope nope, no copy for me. :D

1 person likes this

I don't think so because I already know what it's like to know someone who is identical to me...my twin brother.

One of me is enough, :).

However, I think there is a value to having a commonality. I would like it if my future wife shared some interests with me. But, I think it would be good if she had her own personality as well.

Okay, I'm going to be the black sheep and say I would LOVE to be with a carbon cop-

I just threw up in my mouth! I feel sorry for whoever gets stuck with me. ;)

I don't think I could! It's important to have similar values and interests, but it would be too boring dating an opposite-sex version of yourself. Part of what makes you grow as a person is experiencing different things. Sometimes you need that extra push from someone else, so if you're too similar you might not ever leave your comfort zone.

Not sure honostly!

Well, there would be a guarantee that I wouldn't get stood up :D

1 person likes this

Not exactly the same no. I'd hope for someone with a similar disposition to myself. But as we all have strengths and weaknesses, I think it is important to find someone who will compliment you well. So have some slight differences.

1 person likes this

Yes and no. Yes, because I would know we'd have the same values, interests, etc. and that I would  have someone very loyal and loving. No, because it could get boring some day, if we did everything the same. Although, it would be nice to find someone who came very close to that (with the personality and stuff). The more we have in common the better.

1 person likes this

Waitng girl who loves music, gaming, surreal art, God, psychology and wants to help others , collects weird hats,drinks pepsi, has big dreams, Obsessive? Can be incredibly happy and incredibly sad? caring?  Sometimes Dark? poetic? Creative? speaks her mind? Funny? Passionate? Similar past?

That would be a dream come true

1 person likes this

Definitely! Yes, we wouldn't be able to complement each other's strengths and weaknesses, but shared goals and mindset would be very nice.