Sally

The Skinny on the Female Libido

16 posts in this topic

What were the research methods?

And more importantly, ladies, does this match what your thoughts are? (Conscious of the fact that we're already getting a skewed sample, because only women with a high libido would search for a support forum on waiting till marriage.)

1 person likes this

And more importantly, ladies, does this match what your thoughts are? (Conscious of the fact that we're already getting a skewed sample, because only women with a high libido would search for a support forum on waiting till marriage.)

LOL, well, if current desire is any indication of future libido, I don't think I'd be one of the 86% saying I have a low sex drive! 

Hmm, currently I never initiate sex, and I have yet to do anything to "spice it up" in the bedroom, so I cannot speak to that at the moment. But yeah, once married...

Seeing as I can have chocolate cake or a back massage any time I want now, but cannot yet indulge in sex, I currently crave sex more than a massage or cake; hopefully that will also stand true once married.

If I am "too tired" for sex, or "not in the mood," I challenge my future husband to find some way to persuade me.

I hope that I will be highly satisfied by sex once married; if not initially, I hope to be eventually.

Oh, and I am pretty sure I will be more adventurous about sex once I am married than I am now!

7 people like this

:o Some of those are pretty sad. Maybe they generally apply to people who never had to wait? I mean, after waiting for it for a long time, who's going to prefer chocolate cake or a massage over sex? I'm with WW... I don't think I'm a part of the 86% that has a low sex drive  ^_^

2 people like this

I love all things chocolate, but I can't ever imagine my husband hinting and me saying, "No babe, let's just have some chocolate cake instead." ;)

4 people like this

I love all things chocolate, but I can't ever imagine my husband hinting and me saying, "No babe, let's just have some chocolate cake instead." ;)

Well not instead... There are ways to have both. At the same time... *Whistles innocently*

5 people like this

See I don't know if this applies to us I mean I'm pretty sure people who wait have higher sex driver after marriage. They even asked if sex drive was higher or lower after marriage which implies they were doing it before hand, just a thought.

Well stacie you have a lot of stuff right here ! Not bad for a girl. Lol. Speaking from an old boys point of view !! I have found that. Woman's sex drive goes up and down with her menstral cycle. Ok here's my view and shoot me down when ready lol lol. And of course there are lots of variations.

Ok let's start from period week. Kinda fed up that things are a bit uncomfortable but moderately interested in sex and hey safe ?,?,

Week after period, wow honey you look fantastic, Fancy sex ? Wow that was great and the word we all dread !! Again. Aaa ah

This of course it that time when the body is shouting. BABIES PLEASE. Lol

Next week. Well moderately interested. Bodies saying hey where's. baby's ...

Of course nice reatonship it's all shared xxxx. Happy Easter all.....

What were the research methods?

I think the birth control pill factors into this. It is a proven, common side effect that is lowers the libido. I am proof of this: I went on the pill when I was 18 for reasons other than sex (obviously) and I was no horn-dog, but my sex drive is now, at most, 5% of what it once was. I find myself no longer attracted to celebrities that I used to think were super hot. Even my emotional interest in a relationship is practically null. I am still on the pill because it works wonders for periods and helps with acne, but I think it would be very bad for my sex life to remain on the pill. I wonder how many women have a bad sex life because the pill had such a negative effect on their libido.

So, at the moment, I would MUCH prefer chocolate cake. Actually, I'm more of an ice cream person.

4 people like this

Women truly need a positive, healthy relationship to maintain a sex drive.  Society, in general, degrades the quality of relationships.  Women may choose a massage over sex because they 1.are tired from work and raising kids (with heavy burden on them to "do it all" as a result of societal pressures) 2.needing intimacy (besides sex) from their spouse (which they are lacking).

Chocolate cake can work especially when enjoyed WITH spouse because they are actively spending quality time together.  (Turn tv/phones off and sit at the table!)

Okay, so make a woman loved + chocolate + massage = sexy time? Got it :)

I think the birth control pill factors into this. It is a proven, common side effect that is lowers the libido. I am proof of this: I went on the pill when I was 18 for reasons other than sex (obviously) and I was no horn-dog, but my sex drive is now, at most, 5% of what it once was. I find myself no longer attracted to celebrities that I used to think were super hot. Even my emotional interest in a relationship is practically null. I am still on the pill because it works wonders for periods and helps with acne, but I think it would be very bad for my sex life to remain on the pill. I wonder how many women have a bad sex life because the pill had such a negative effect on their libido.

Ah yeah. That's one of the main reasons why I would never want my future wife to be on hormonal BC unless it was for health reasons. It kills sex drive and has been linked to increased risk of breast cancer.

1 person likes this

Okay, so make a woman loved + chocolate + massage = sexy time? Got it :)

Envinceble,

Everyone is different but I would say:

friendship + loved + flowers = sexy time

1 person likes this

Friendship,love flowers,chocolate ...................I'm yours

Female bc is complicated all in all it looks like the risks of cancer are balanced higher risks from some less from others and its all online. Libido yes looks like its generally lower so............... It's up to us chaps lol