Guest redyellowblue

90, 60, 90 = perfection?

41 posts in this topic

I just get severely annoyed with these sizes, like the 90, 60, 90. People are getting back into the curves thing again, and continuously make fun of thinner women, even if they're naturally like that. "Oh my god you can see her ribs when she moves, eat something!" And crap like that. If a woman is healthy and naturally thin or "curvy" that way, it's fine,

2 people like this

For me, character, sincerity and faith define a woman far more than physical attributes or even age. However, a woman who doesn't look like she tries to take care of herself, or e.g. maintain her health and a reasonable weight sends up the red flags.

Going back to the exercise classes I participate in, there is a lady who is quite exaggeratedly pear shaped, but is always so bright and sincerely upbeat that I no longer notice her weight and I would be happy to communicate with her as much as anyone in the class. And there are some women that one might describe as attractively physically balanced, but whose attitude just leaves me cold.

I believe we were made to be able to learn to love someone, even if they were not instantly attractive to us at the start. Arranged marriages were common and are still part of some cultures today, and in that case, one doesn't have much of a choice. Looking for the most physically perfect, instant chemistry experience in marriage and relationships is superficial, in my opinion.

But, I'm not saying there aren't certain proportions that I find most physically attractive.

1 person likes this

I just get severely annoyed with these sizes, like the 90, 60, 90. People are getting back into the curves thing again, and continuously make fun of thinner women, even if they're naturally like that. "Oh my god you can see her ribs when she moves, eat something!" And crap like that. If a woman is healthy and naturally thin or "curvy" that way, it's fine,

I think when a lot of people say "curvy" they mean it as a nicer way of saying "overweight." Really, curvy has to do with hip to waist ratio (I think someone on here taught me that, actually). So, someone can be both thin and curvy (that is probably the ideal for most guys).

Anyway, I think it's important to both not lie to ourselves and to do what makes us happy and healthy. In regards to not lying to ourselves, we should admit that there are body types that guys and girls tend to like the most on the opposite sex. A girl who has that rare combination of being thin yet also curvy, toned, and decent sized breasts and a nice behind is probably the ideal body type for most guys. And a guy who is somewhat muscular and somewhat toned is probably the ideal body type for most girls. But, most people aren't going to place enough of an emphasis on looks to demand their ideal in a partner. It's just not that important to most people. Many (most?) women just do not have the body type to look like that even if they diet and exercise rigorously. Furthermore, many women with that body type just don't want to have that strict of a diet and don't want to go to the gym that much. And that's fine, too, since you can be perfectly healthy even if you don't do those things (not saying you can eat terribly and never exercise and still be healthy. Just saying that you don't have to be as strict as a model).

But, to turn the conversation back around, there will be people who reject you if you're not the ideal body type. And those people aren't bad or necessarily even shallow people. It's just something that is important to them, for whatever reason. I guess I would say don't kill yourself to make yourself look a way that you either are unable to look like because you're unable to look like that or because it would make you unhappy to do so, but also realize that looking that way (if you can) could open up more doors of possibility for you. For instance, if you're a girl who wants a super physically attractive man for a husband and this is really important to you, then I'd wager that you're going to have to be a super attractive woman (with the ideal body type) in order to get thay guy. Not necessarily, but in most cases, probably.

Well perfection can be achieved for me. If her buttocks are too small I'd let her squat and if her waist is too broad, I'd let her do exercices that'll make it smaller.

Perfection for me is finding your true love. Not to stick to measurements. Everything else can be fixed.

1 person likes this

To me, if she does not look like she is anorexic or bulimic (I apologize to those who are and I sincerely hope you find help. It's a terrible condition), looks healthy & seems to be taking care of herself, that's all I care about.

I'm indeed a "bigger" Woman but I am healthy.

That being said, does numbers really matter? Why would someone put numbers on a person? Society has brain washed people into think that 90, 60, 90 is the "perfect" body but truth is that is not true at all. If a guy looks at me and say "oh no your not 90 60 90" or I don't like your body type than oh well find someone else. The only body measurement a man should know is a woman's ring size.

(SORRY FOR RANTING)

2 people like this

I'm indeed a "bigger" Woman but I am healthy.

That being said, does numbers really matter? Why would someone put numbers on a person? Society has brain washed people into think that 90, 60, 90 is the "perfect" body but truth is that is not true at all. If a guy looks at me and say "oh no your not 90 60 90" or I don't like your body type than oh well find someone else. The only body measurement a man should know is a woman's ring size.

(SORRY FOR RANTING)

IAG or wny can explain this better than I. But a person with a good body is generally in better shape, it shows that they care about how they look and put time into their appearance. This is an attractive thing in a mate, and an attractive thing in general.

IAG or wny can explain this better than I. But a person with a good body is generally in better shape, it shows that they care about how they look and put time into their appearance. This is an attractive thing in a mate, and an attractive thing in general.

Not entirely sure I'm the best fit to explain this, but I'll throw some thoughts out.

First off, obviously I wouldn't get out a tape measure and expect a woman to have an exact mesaurement. That's just dumb. Exact, total perfection is not what I mean when I admit to being picky about looks. But, I do think certain body types are, in general, more attractive to most men and women and I'm not convinced that its because "society" has brainwashed people. I think there are ways to, at least partially, objectively measure beauty. Look at ancient Greek and Roman statues. They're of fit men and women. And if we want to get into the whole body hair thing, generally the women are hairless. I really do believe there are general body types that are most attractive to most people. And, yes, they're the types of bodies that are unpopular to admit are the most attractive. I won't say society has no influence at all, but I do think it is overstated.

Now, this doesn't mean a person is necessarily going to come even close to insisting on whatever their ideal body type is. Some people just don't care that much. Others (and admittedly I'm one of them), for whatever reason, do. I don't insist on absolutely my idea of perfection, but, I won't lie, I won't marry someone who isn't at least close. Does it increase my chances of never finding a wife? Sure, it probably does. That doesn't mean its not a risk worth taking. I think, for me, being single is probably better than marrying a woman I'm just not all that attracted to physically.

In terms of someone's feeling of self-worth, one should never think they're defined by how they look. Sure, some people won't want to date or marry you. And that's fine. They know what will make them happy. It doesn't mean you're a bad person or have less worth as a human just because you don't look attractive or attractive enough to some people. There is going to be someone out there who is fine with how you look (either because its not that important to them or they're one of the exceptions who likes a different body type) and things will work out for you. Now, if you, yourself, want a highly attractive man or woman it might be beneficial to you to work on your appearance, but that's simply a matter of practicality.

1 person likes this

It's proportional. You can be bigger or smaller, but it's all about the proportions. WHR, etc.

That isn't always ture. Just because you have a "good" body doesn't mean a thing. I know people with that have the so called perfect body and they have big health issues. I've always been a bigger woman and never have I had a health problem since I was an infant. So like I said the only size that should matter is a woman's ring size. I admit everyone has their preferences but if you nit pick at everything a person will never be happy. There is someone for everyone. My body type may look great to someone while yours may not and in vice versa.

1 person likes this

Generally, but there are still so many cases where you can't make an assumption about a person's health by simply looking at them.  There are still plenty of ways of putting time into your appearance (ex: improving hygeine, grooming, getting a sense of style), and most overweight people I know follow all these routines. I don't know why packing a few extra pounds, but still being able to pass your physical, suddenly undermines that.

I think people should let go of the notion that fat = lazy slob.

THANK YOU!

Anyone can be unhealthy. But fat = big health issues down the road. Humans were not meant to be fat, it prematurely wears away cartilage, causes brittle bones, and heightens risk for types of cancer.

2 people like this

Weighing too much will affect joints, bones, and cartilage regardless. While some diseases may be eliminated by removing visceral fat, the strain on the heart and other will still cause health issues.

After converting to inches and checking with a tape measure my jaw dropped.  A twenty three and a half inch waist?!  Do adults even come in that size?  I don't know that I've ever come across a full grown woman in real life with a waist that tiny.  I think I was around ten or twelve years old the last time my own waist was that small.

Maybe the "super-sized America" effect is more prevalent where I live or the part of my brain that attempts to estimate a woman's waist size needs to be recalibrated but, there's no way that could be a realistic expectation.  I'm sure there are women with waists that small but, looking at the tape measure, it just doesn't seem real.

As a point of reference, my biceps are twenty inches.  She would be almost as skinny as my arm!  If those are the sizes that the media is touting they are insane.  I don't even think the bone structure and internal organ arrangement of most women would allow for a waist that small.  I've seen some wonderfully toned and sculpted women -- women in amazing shape -- and their waistlines didn't come close to being that size.

My amazement aside, I have found women of almost every body type physically appealing -- very overweight, very thin, and pretty much every size and shape in between.  I think I am inclined to agree with Stacie's post above -- It's how "womanly" a woman is with what she has been given that makes the difference in the end.

Yeah, there are indeed women with waists that tiny. I know of one blogger who has a 24 inch waist, and another woman who's in a Facebook group I'm in, and her waist is 22 inches! Elizabeth Taylor had a 19-inch waist. I think I lot of these women have really small ribcages. I'm thin, yet my waist is nowhere near that small.

The American inch-equivalent of this ideal is the 36-24-36. Low waist-to-hip and waist-to-bust ratios, thin and curvy at the same time.

Some women train with corsets in order to shrink their waists. Here's one who shrunk it down to 16 inches  :o 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2338647/Its-cinch-Woman-gets-miniscule-16-inch-waist-sleeping-corset-THREE-years-wants-smaller.html

Okay, I haven't really given specific dimensions a lot of thought before; usually, when I look at a young woman and think "wow, she's beautiful", I'm not focusing on any particular figure type, I'm more just struck by her beauty in a general sense.  Sorry, that probably doesn't make any sense haha.  Um.....  Okay, thinking about it in a purely physical sense (because we all know I look for the girl inside rather than the looks outside) I guess I'm more of a "pretty face" kind of guy; i.e., if her face is not attractive to me (and what I perceive as pretty is going to fluctuate with the personality behind it), than it doesn't really matter what her body looks like; it's the face that smiles at you, after all (and yells at you when she's mad haha).  But, if I had to pick a body type purely for the sake of the question you asked, than a slender hourglass figure would be my idea of ideal.  But again, it's the personality that counts in the end.  But in a purely physical sense, the more I think about it, I'd probably be the most attracted to (purely physically) a slender figure, with not wide hips, but should have hips, and not a bug bust.  Call me silly, but I prefer a smaller bust size to a larger one, so I guess, in terms of measurements, the figure should be slender in appearance, with the widest point being the hips, the smallest point being the waste, and the bust about halfway in between (not counting the shoulders).  But again, I'm stepping into foreign territory here, because I keep trying to talk about her personality and character. That's the important part.   :)

Wow ! very beautifully said Lonelyknigth...and Zeke

And I think attractiveness works the same for me towards the opposite sex.

I mean...

Media portrays attractive men as a unique type with V shapes and muscles everywhere...

I agree it's attractive... but what attracts me the most is personality and above all the love for God.

I can be attracted to all kind of men...even without V shape figure and muscles...

When I can discern the true will in a man to be pure, to be an example and to please God above all else...That, really attracts me greatly...

1 person likes this

I'm with Zeke. A girl is attractive -- even at a distance -- based on her demeanor. There are ways you can tell when a girl is set apart from others. By her speech, by her dress, even by the expression on her face, the confidence/grace/serenity in her eyes, the way she carries herself, the way she cuts and does her hair, the way she smiles...

All of these things attract me more than a woman with socially approved bust lines. If she has a genuine and true faith and can accept leadership while yet strengthening me in my walk, if she has virtue and purity for more than lack of opportunity, if she has kindness and grace, then her body is (within reason) secondary. If she has a nice body, it's a plus. If it's just "average", well, I'm not in the position to say "holy cow, you're everything I look for in a woman, except, that FIGURE. Sorry." The truth is, depending on who you are, it's not hard to bed a woman with a good body. They go on the prowl and use it all the time. 

However, that's not to say weight isn't an issue. A woman who takes care of her body is something I look for, because responsibility and maturity would predispose someone to do that.

So BEAUTIFULLY SAID ! I like this Lonelyknigth !