Guest redyellowblue

90, 60, 90 = perfection?

41 posts in this topic

90 centimeters around the bust, 60 centimeters around the waist, and 90 centimeters around the hips, is what the general consensus of men say is a perfect figure. AKA, an hourglass figure.

Guys,  do you agree? What about purely in the physical attraction sense?

I'm afraid I'm going to have to get back to you on this one . We are inches here !! Lol

3 people like this

Haha HWS, that would equal about a 35 inch bust, 24 inch waist, and 35 inch hips :)

I thought we Americans were the only ones without the Metric system!

1 person likes this

I know this is for guys but in general it honestly depends on the guy there are guys that like big bust with no butt and vise versa and they dont even care about the figure. Then there are guys that love the hour glass figure again it depends on the guy.

Haha, good point, Tatyana! Kinda like how most people would think women love the buff, V shaped build of men, when its actually much more varied than that. Oh, media.

2 people like this

Aha ty for the conversion. Golly nooooo one good point about our government is that we will stay pounds,inches,mph. Eat your heart out Brussels !! Ok back to the plot.. Personal opinion yes perfect however I'm comfy (preference not physical lol) with a lady having a slightly bigger bottom ( if that's what u politely call it over there ? ). My friends tease me for this saying its a sign I think a lady with wider hips will be a good child bearer ??? I guess that's what catches the eye before you discover what's inside her mind which is more important. Col.

Oh my goodness just got the tape measure out darn. It gets sooo hard to stay trim in your middle age !! Hope your not eating 45". 40". 40" Ryvita anyone ?

I'm horrible at estimation and visualization so unless I actually get a tape measure and measure a girl (and rightfully get beat up in the process), I have no idea what those measurements will look like, lol!

4 people like this

LOL Mark, that reminds me of this meme http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/totally-worth-it-meme-1024x961.png good luck with that, but hopefully I can find something that will help you visualize it

the best i could do was find something like this : http://files.coloribus.com/files/adsarchive/part_451/4519955/file/coca-cola-light-90-60-90-small-43443.jpg

interesting how, again, the media uses something ike physical features to sell something.

HWS I think those would be called pear shapes. Haha, and yes the scientific minded folks would say thats the reason behind being attracted to women with bigger hips - better at child bearing.

However I take this with a grain of salt, most of those scientific minded people forget to remember that the majority of those men who emphasize sexy good looks run the other way when they learn theyve gotten a girl pregnant!

Not saying that thats you, just that those "innate attractions" have probably faded by now, alhtough they may still drive us in that way, but that most men dont use that as a justification.

I don't think I would attribute my usual attraction of older, chubbier, hairier men to the fact that they were able to live a long time, eat a lot, and keep warm LOL

1 person likes this

First-date tape measure test: if she doesn't pass it, she doesn't get a second date.

But seriously, I  think there's definitely a proportion range for me that I see and think "Wow, perfection!" lol. Whether or not it's 90 60 90 Idk, but it's most likely similar to most other guys'. I'm kind of with HWS though on the hips/bottom thing...

Also, in a psychology class I had once we looked at the preferred female proportions throughout history, and while the actual preferred size of women changed (bigger women were once much preferred), the proportion remained fairly constant.

Yeah I remember going over that in a psych class too. Something along the lines of how food was scarce, and if you were chubby you were more likely to be healthy and had access to food? haha

I first want to say that each woman is beautiful in her own way, and there is no ideal body shape. Also, I don't care much about bust circumference. Though anywhere from 30-24-34 to 33-26-36 is great

5 people like this

The hourglass figure is a very attractive one, but smaller breasts are also attractive. Bigger ones and smaller ones are attractive in different ways. The same is true of behinds, as well. The best way I can think to describe it is to say bigger, rounder ones are attractive in "hot sexy" way, while smaller, perky ones are attractive in a "cute sexy" way. As for waists, I, personally, definitely like thin waists.

Okay, I haven't really given specific dimensions a lot of thought before; usually, when I look at a young woman and think "wow, she's beautiful", I'm not focusing on any particular figure type, I'm more just struck by her beauty in a general sense.  Sorry, that probably doesn't make any sense haha.  Um.....  Okay, thinking about it in a purely physical sense (because we all know I look for the girl inside rather than the looks outside) I guess I'm more of a "pretty face" kind of guy; i.e., if her face is not attractive to me (and what I perceive as pretty is going to fluctuate with the personality behind it), than it doesn't really matter what her body looks like; it's the face that smiles at you, after all (and yells at you when she's mad haha).  But, if I had to pick a body type purely for the sake of the question you asked, than a slender hourglass figure would be my idea of ideal.  But again, it's the personality that counts in the end.  But in a purely physical sense, the more I think about it, I'd probably be the most attracted to (purely physically) a slender figure, with not wide hips, but should have hips, and not a bug bust.  Call me silly, but I prefer a smaller bust size to a larger one, so I guess, in terms of measurements, the figure should be slender in appearance, with the widest point being the hips, the smallest point being the waste, and the bust about halfway in between (not counting the shoulders).  But again, I'm stepping into foreign territory here, because I keep trying to talk about her personality and character. That's the important part.  :)

3 people like this

I'm with Zeke. A girl is attractive -- even at a distance -- based on her demeanor. There are ways you can tell when a girl is set apart from others. By her speech, by her dress, even by the expression on her face, the confidence/grace/serenity in her eyes, the way she carries herself, the way she cuts and does her hair, the way she smiles...

All of these things attract me more than a woman with socially approved bust lines. If she has a genuine and true faith and can accept leadership while yet strengthening me in my walk, if she has virtue and purity for more than lack of opportunity, if she has kindness and grace, then her body is (within reason) secondary. If she has a nice body, it's a plus. If it's just "average", well, I'm not in the position to say "holy cow, you're everything I look for in a woman, except, that FIGURE. Sorry." The truth is, depending on who you are, it's not hard to bed a woman with a good body. They go on the prowl and use it all the time. 

However, that's not to say weight isn't an issue. A woman who takes care of her body is something I look for, because responsibility and maturity would predispose someone to do that.

2 people like this

Well since I mad a joke I might as well say that I don't think there is a perfect looking girl unless you think so I mean yeah hour glass is nice but I find girls with more curves or less. I like girls of all shapes and sizes unless they look unhealthy not trying to sound mean.

2 people like this

I'm a girl here, but I'm going to answer anyway!

I believe that the measurements are not important.  What is important is a woman's womanlyness.

4 people like this

I'm a girl here, but I'm going to answer anyway!

I believe that the measurements are not important.  What is important is a woman's womanlyness.

This to an extent.

Every woman is born with her "shapely" potential; every woman's "shapely" potential is different. As long as you "fill out" that "shapely" potential, then you'll be attractive to men.

Buuuuuut.

If you're asking me? I prefer my woman proportionate, though her bottom half is more important than her bust.

2 people like this

welll to be honest, i dont care, i think the inner of a girl is more important then the outward appearnce, and look at that first when lookin at a girl, how she acts, her character stuff like that, but since we are talkin about looks specifically, id say i got a triangle i have for attractiveness, its called the boobs, butt and belly triangle, its goes as the follows, big boobs+ big butt= she can have a decent size belly(this is how i kinda do looks on a girl to find wethere she is attractive or not,, little boobs +big butt = a little belly,little of both equal no belly, hahahhs, sorry if that sounds superficial it is a superficial subject. so for me if a girls figure fits in the triangle then i think she is attractive.

90, 60, 90 = Unrealistic expectation.

Frankly I don't know what a 90, 60, 90, woman would look like, but every woman is different. With so many women in the world there can't be one absolute standard of beauty that all women must conform to.

To my fellow waiting men on the forums: 

If you love her, if you love her enough to marry her, if you love her enough to risk your life for her then numbers would just be numbers. Just a way society can try and tell women what to look like. If you truly love her than you love her the way she is.

After converting to inches and checking with a tape measure my jaw dropped.  A twenty three and a half inch waist?!  Do adults even come in that size?  I don't know that I've ever come across a full grown woman in real life with a waist that tiny.  I think I was around ten or twelve years old the last time my own waist was that small.

Maybe the "super-sized America" effect is more prevalent where I live or the part of my brain that attempts to estimate a woman's waist size needs to be recalibrated but, there's no way that could be a realistic expectation.  I'm sure there are women with waists that small but, looking at the tape measure, it just doesn't seem real.

As a point of reference, my biceps are twenty inches.  She would be almost as skinny as my arm!  If those are the sizes that the media is touting they are insane.  I don't even think the bone structure and internal organ arrangement of most women would allow for a waist that small.  I've seen some wonderfully toned and sculpted women -- women in amazing shape -- and their waistlines didn't come close to being that size.

My amazement aside, I have found women of almost every body type physically appealing -- very overweight, very thin, and pretty much every size and shape in between.  I think I am inclined to agree with Stacie's post above -- It's how "womanly" a woman is with what she has been given that makes the difference in the end.

4 people like this