Guest markb4

Fears and Phobias

71 posts in this topic

Oh, yeah, I kind of do that sometimes. If I stay up late at night, till everyone else is in bed, and then I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and whatnot, then sometimes I feel really freaked out when I leave my room, and I'm in the hallway by myself, and I go into the bathroom and get freaked out that I'll see something behind me in the mirror...Then I'm scared until I'm safely back in my room, where my Lon Chaney bobblehead is watching to make sure nothing scary gets in...

This is especially bad if I've just watched a scary movie, or read up on urban legends on Snopes, or read too many creepypastas online...and so on...

xxx

It's horrible for me if I watch a scary movie when everyone's asleep because them I'm paranoid and I can't brush my teeth with the shower curtain closed because I'm paranoid someone is behind it at night D:

1 person likes this

Mstr Josh, maybe you could sharpen the end of hour toothbrush in case that happens, you could easily use it to disable him!

2 people like this

Mstr Josh, maybe you could sharpen the end of hour toothbrush in case that happens, you could easily use it to disable him!

I shall, a good old fashioned prison tooth brush shank sharpened on the tile floor :DD

1 person likes this

Then I'm scared until I'm safely back in my room, where my Lon Chaney bobblehead is watching to make sure nothing scary gets in...

Are you sure a Lon Chaney bobblehead would protect you? I'd assume it would attack you if anything, lol! 

You should get Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, and Vincent Price bobbleheads and put them all in your room, lol!

1 person likes this

Someone must be playing tricks on me :( last night I was too afraid to go inside my house because there was a Frog on the door :( now there's one in my bathroom I almost wanna cry...please Lord why me what did I do to deserve this ugh!!

Are you sure a Lon Chaney bobblehead would protect you? I'd assume it would attack you if anything, lol! 

He will keep me safe, because he knows I think he's cute.

xxx

I have arachnophobia. All arachnids - especially spiders and daddy long legs - freak me out. Other than that, nothing besides the obvious (serial killers, rapists, etc,) scares me. I love snakes, and house mice and house rats (but the wild ones don't scare me at all.) Bugs don't bother me much.

I actually think spiders are cute (when they are far from my personal space and not in my house). :P I actually let daddy long legs crawl on my arms when I was younger. They tickled and it was just really fun! They never hurt me either- I only hate bugs that hurt you (wasps, mosquitoes, etc...). I agree on everything else too! I used to have a pet snake, but he always bit me, so we sold him. :( I think mice are adorable, but it would just be annoying to have them as pests.

My phobias are looking into a mirror at night, and walking past a staircase in the dark.

My biggest fear is marrying the wrong man... :( Other severe fears are losing my family, dying early and making my family/friends/spouse/bf sad, not getting my dream job, getting a serious disease, and for being assaulted (sexually/mobbed/robbed/threatened with weapon/kidnapped/etc.).

What's with the fear of blood? I LOVE blood!

Hmm, fears? I can't really come up with any phobia, since well, every fear I've ever had in the past I've overcome through cruel self-discipline.

Though my current fear? The deep ocean! (Funny since I used to swim competitively!)

1 person likes this

Though my current fear? The deep ocean! (Funny since I used to swim competitively!)

The deep ocean is a frightening one! I just imagine myself in the middle of the ocean with no land as far as the eyes can see and random creatures swimming around and beneath me! I'm scared just typing this, lol!

3 people like this

The deep ocean is a frightening one! I just imagine myself in the middle of the ocean with no land as far as the eyes can see and random creatures swimming around and beneath me! I'm scared just typing this, lol!

Ooooh, stuff of nightmares!

Oh another fear is when your in the store, you get up to the register..... And you don't have enough money to pay, that'd be really embarrassing.

1 person likes this

Large spiders make my flesh crawl, send chills down my body :unsure:. I will do everything I can to try and scoop a spider in a box and take it outside because I hate to kill them, but if it looks like they are poisonous and are getting away I will grab something to smack them. At a certain time of year we have crazy, huge spiders that make webs around the house, like bigger than a half dollar-they also have some pretty crazy colors too-I have to be very careful when leaving/coming back at night because you never know where they will make a web.

I also have a fear of heights. In the mall I can't walk near where you can see down to the first floor. However, I ride the sky-ride at theme parks every once in a while, it's scary, but a way to face that fear.

Oh another fear is when your in the store, you get up to the register..... And you don't have enough money to pay, that'd be really embarrassing.

I'd probably just make some lame awkward joke to increase the levity of the situation, lol! But I don't think fear would enter into my heart.

I'd probably just make some lame awkward joke to increase the levity of the situation, lol! But I don't think fear would enter into my heart.

I carry pockets full of glitter and confetti and incase that happens ill throw it all in the air and run away.

1 person likes this

I am really scared of roaches and it doesn't matter if they're big, small, dead, or alive. I would rather deal with snakes, mice, spiders...anything else.

I am absolutely terrified of riding with someone that is texting and driving. I don't do it, but if I'm in the car with someone and if they even glance at their phone when they receive a text I will start to freak out big time. Before I ever ride with anyone I have to remind them not to while I'm in the car.  I was in a bad car accident where someone hit me from behind because they were texting. 

Crashing my car, surviving the impact, being trapped, burning alive. (I drive fast)

Being executed.

Never getting married :(

I used to be afraid of heights but as I was on that latter I imagines "what if my Wife was up there and needed me to help her down?" That's when I realized saving her was more important than my stupid fear so I am no longer afraid of heights.

Glassophobia is also something I have. I'm afraid of public speaking. Sometimes I imagine my future Wife does public speaking for a living and will somehow help me out.

I use to have a phobia - I'm not sure if that's what you would call it - of tall statues. They just look so freaky and I always feel like it's going to come alive and stomp on me. Spiders also.

I'm scared of the dark because I feel like I'm blind and that something might be near me. I can't even be outside when it's dark and I'm alone, I feel like something scary might appear. I'm just a scaredy cat!

1 person likes this

So many people are afraid of spiders :P I kinda like spiders, a spider has been living in the mirror of my car for the past two weeks, his name is Jeffrey :D

The ultimate fear I have is - I am afraid of never living up to my potential. Although Im sure thats something everyone is afraid of. However, I feel like this is heightened for me, because I have a "disability." Im also afraid Ill end up alone. The biggest one - being viewed as a bad person - which is odd because I usually don't care what happens to me.. idk, Im weird :P but fear is one of my motivators, so its a not an all bad thing. And I have this bigger optimistic side that tells me Ill be okay :)

I have similar fears like Cou, and the same optimistic side lol. I also have a fear of spiders. Although, now when I see a spider, I have this inclination to smack it with a newspaper.  However, I rememmber recalling this one incident that kinda negated that idea. It is simlar to Cou's cochroach experience.

I needed to grab an item from my downstairs pantry. As I was opening the door to the laundry room (that's where my pantry was located), I saw this big spider (about the size of my hand) plaster itself on the wall above the pantry door. My relaxed demeanor turned into suprise and then into fear. I remmember just staring at that spider and not being able to move.

I thought to myself, "What should I do now?" " I cannot just smack it with a newspaper. " To make matters worse, I'm not a very tall person, so reaching it could be a problem. Finally, I decided to grab on of my school texbooks and try hitting it with that. I left the room, but when I returned, the spider was MIA. To this day, I have still have no clue where it scurried off to.

Well, there is my paralyzing fear of STDs and getting pregnant that has got me here the the first place. I'm so scared, I can't even trust contraception or condoms or anything like that and there are times when I worry whether I grow out of this fear or not when I get married. I just often have the worst luck to the point where Murphy's Law is just constantly in affect. 

Some people are like "It's like driving a car, you take risks driving a car too, driving is more riskier than sex" well, this is someone who took three whole years before I was ready to drive a car because I had so much anxiety because of what they showed us in driver's ed and was paranoid. Even then, I don't like driving very often and I'm still too afraid to drive long distances. 

I have major arachnophobia. Mostly spiders, but scorpions too. It has to do with a childhood experience; I looked over one day and spied a spider the size of my hand on my wall. Its thick legs stretched out inches from its body, and it had red markings that looked like open cuts on its back.

It was the damn Spider from Hell.

1 person likes this

OMG I HATE COCKROACHES AS WELL. I can't kill them either...if I try I miss the first time so it's just me hopping around scared trying to catch them they freak me out! I've had encounters where I felt like they were purposely trying to get me LOL. I've even had one touch me before EEK. That's why I dread rain sometimes cause it seems to draw them out.  I'm also not fond of tight spaces, vast bodies of water, and being watched/stared at. Does anyone else put a band-aid/sticker over their laptop camera or is it just me?  :superwaiter:  Lol

2 people like this